Red Volcano Zone COLORMAPS (probably founded out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

123 Runite

Wait for it... *BANG*
Please READ the whole post for FULL understanding.

I won't be asking for help often, but even after checking the WIKI, or even trying to open up RVZ, and looking at the SIDEDEFS for textures (colormaps in particular), I'm not entirely sure of the what the colormaps of the translucent LAVA and especially the fog-like area that is pretty close to the level of the LAVA are.

It is either the colormaps are there, or the LINEDEF action isn't the right thing to input.

Lava Sectors
Currently for a level, I have the LAVA sector filled with the colormap #FF7F00Z. However, the lava doesn't look as 'dense' as the lava in RVZ. Just like RVZ, the water is translucent, however, should there be anything extra to add to the water that makes it 'dense?' I've tried using fog (Linedef 46), but it made only a little difference. The ground became orange, but how about the walls?

srb20009sz8.png

srb20001qa3.png

Level with my LAVA (not 'dense')

Fog-like Area
Areas that are pretty 'HOT' tend to be covered partly with some sort of fog, as seen in the picture. What colormaps, exactly, does this fog, or whatever it's called, have?

ADDITION: Does Transparancy come into the story e.g. in #0000FFJ, J states how transparent the colormap is?

srb20010db5.png

Additional Light Pulsing
With the fog, over lava sectors, the radiance of the light changes. Is there a different colormap involved when the radiance diminishes, or is the brightness of the colormap control sector (or the fog) lowered?

srb20014lg5.png

srb20015pd1.png

For anyone's concern, the level being finished right now is World's End Zone, the Prologue Act, 123 Runite Base Zone. It is similar to JTE's Angel's Crevice in Eggman's Way 5. Because that was unfinished during last year's Summer, it will be finished, and then OCZ2 will be worked on.

If anyone, or perhaps SSNTails, can answer this, with pure knowledge of RVZ's MAP, post!

Thanks in advance.

#FF4000Z

Hi SonicMaster.

I've tried that sometime before I found out the #FF7F00Z colormap.

I've used MSPaint previously to find a good colormap similar to that of the lava. The one you mentioned, happened to be the one I found.

EDIT: SonicMaster, I think the link you gave me should be a link in the Colormap article of the SRB2 Wiki. In the article, there should be a link directing to that page as it is relevant to the topic!

Incorrect!

Hello GemEarthBrandon.

I believe you have a narrow knowledge of Red Volcano Zone. Also, I believe you haven't fully read my post.

The images I've shown are from Red Volcano Zone, except that one with the tagline beneath the image. As you can see, the colormaps are similar, or perhaps the same. I have no idea where you got the colormap #FF0000Z, as that is the pure RED colormap as you said, and RED doesn't appear at all in the lava.

You may consider finishing Single Player at least three times (you may use Level Select) so that you have the chance of encountering this secret level (MAP16). Please find out yourself how to enter the level. There are many places/people you can go to for instructions.

I'd suggest toying around with transparency of the colormap and brightness level of the water. It would probably be the transparency, though.

Not that I have ever liked lava, anyhow.

Ineffective.

Hello BlueZero4.

I'm afraid the results aren't what I need. I've read more about Linedef Type 16 (colormap) and found out that transparency was already fine, but in my opinion, there is another type of Linedef that is needed to make such 'dense' water.

I've experimented with brightness of the control sectors. I tried a radiance of 0, and then the water was completely black (as anticipated). Based on the images, I think the brightness of the lava in RVZ is indeed 255. I am not entirely sure of my opinions.

----------
Remember, I still have the fog and the light pulsating effects to deal with, not only figuring out how to make 'dense' lava.

If you know all colormaps needed to make such fog and the lava (and colormaps of brightness changes, if taken place), and if you know what other linedefs are involved to make such lava, OR if you're SSNTails (=P), please post! Great detail and support will greatly help.

If the features of RVZ are to be kept coverted until the distribution of Version 1.1, I'll be glad to wait. However, if not, the time to post is now!

I think that you can use numbers in the transparency. Have you tried using a 9 instead of a Z on the end of the colormap? I dont know if it'll work, but it might do.

I've changed it, but forgot to mention it.

Hello Azure Hawk.

I forgot to mention it, but after reading the SRB2 Wiki article on Linedef Type 16 (colormap), I changed the Z to a 9, however, there isn't much difference. The colormap only affects the water (lava in this case), but not the walls.

In Red Volcano Zone, the walls appear orange when the player is in distance from the wall; however, if close, the original wall texture is shown.

Noticable Revision

To make things easier, when posting, please state which question you're referring to, e.g. "The colormap of the lava is #RRGGBBA," not something like "The colormap is #RRGGBBA," or "You need to also add fog."

Even if the above post refers to a question, and you are wanting to add on to that, still state which question you're referring to.

GAH, is this really hard to figure out? Remember, if these things are to be kept secret until the distribution of 1.1 (that is, if you know, and not guessing), then tell me so I can just kill this topic, i.e. let it be forgotten. However, if official SRB2 maps of 1.1 will be encrypted like the current Red Volcano Zone, then the above questions need to be answered...

Need... assistance... =P.

This topic is still in need of assistance. If you can help, say something! Just give ideas.

...There's a reason you can't open soar.dta properly, you know. You aren't supposed to be able to copy this stuff.

Personally, I think it's a custom colour. IE in MS Paint you can "define custom colours". I think it's one of them. No idea if this is right though.

I think I got it...

Well, I found some similar colormaps with RVZ.

srb20001ed9.png

This is my 'lavabed.'

srb20002ba4.png
srb20003mp7.png

And, here are the brightness changes. Please note that the ceiling brightness occupying the FOFs will be fixed (it's not currently the brightness I want it to be).

Well, this topic is dead... But, still, I want the right FOG colormaps as they look BETTER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back