1.09.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos Zero 64 said:
Also, in ways, this ain't fair. You can't have a colorscript now, since it only changes color when you're standing still. And furthermore, I hosted a self-server to test it out, and when you walk, it stops in the current color. And a while after, YOU get a consistency kick. From your own server. With no joiners at all.

I think it's totally fair to the server you join and lag the crap out of.

To be honest, I don't use them in servers, like some people do with the rainbow script; I use it in MR and turn on a hyper script. But I guess that makes sence.

SSNTails said:
This is a public beta to the good people of this messageboard.

The "Final 1.09.3" will be v1.09.4, which will come out sometime in May.

You can find me all kinds of new and cool bugs! Whee!

http://clipper.ship.edu/~af0916/1092to1093.exe

Update (1.09.3.4): http://clipper.ship.edu/~af0916/Srb2win_1-09-3-4.zip

Run it on a fresh install of 1.09.2 and you should be good to go.

I'd appreciate it if you could check out the following for me to see if they work:

STUFF TO TEST

*) Test SAYTEAM

*) Test Zim's Base

*) Test Labyrinth Woods teleporters

*) Test MixUp Box swap with currents/conveyors with 3+ people

*) Look for Spazzo's name screwup bug

*) Do falling platforms still stop sometimes?

*) Linedef Executor - linetypes 106/107 change flat pic like 101/102 if noclimb flag is set

*) Linedef Executor - scriptlines are run by actually "walking" around the lines starting from the masterline and until returning to the masterline, unless the masterline has the alltrigger (1024) flag, in which case all lines in the masterline's sector are executed in order by linedef number, as in 1.08

*) Linedef Executor - scriptline of type 116 stops any and all floor, ceiling, or elevator movement in the tagged sector or sectors

*) Linedef Executor - scriptline of type 103 immediately adjusts the light level of all tagged sectors to match its front sector, as well as removing any lighting thinkers (glow, strobe, fade, flicker, etc.) present in the sector at the time

*) Linedef Executor - scriptline of type 117 gradually fades the light level of all tagged sectors to match its front sector, after removing any lighting thinkers (glow, strobe, other fade, flicker, etc.) already present in the sector

*) Pushers - Boom Push/Pull Thing effect pushes/pulls with regards to Z only if thing has deaf flag and fades to nothing with regards to Z unless thing has multi flag

*) Renderer - high-resolution player sprites (highres = 1 in skin file) display properly in OpenGL

*) Scripts - scripts are reliably able to change variables (something is wrong in 1.08 that makes it hard to change variables on level load with default values, i.e. chaos_spawnrate in chaos mode); scripts execute immediately

*) Scrolling - linetype 66 aligns flats using dx for x offset and dy for y offset, doing floors unless control linedef has block monsters flag, and doing ceilings unless control linedef has no-climb flag

END STUFF TO TEST

Mostly-complete list of new stuff:
----------------------------------------
Better support for multi-mares in NiGHTS
Runs faster!
TELEPORT/RTELEPORT no longer checks for valid locations
Super Sonic "spins" now
Rewritten bobbing/floating/crumbling platform code.
New "Rising Platforms"
Less interference from spectators
Network fixes
OpenGL display fixes (!)
Can't save games in ultimate anymore
THZ2 slime lowers faster
Pickup radius for air bubbles increased
Pickup radius for ring weapons increased
Sound changed for picking up ring weapons
Proper death message for camera-modifying death pits
MODBY soc variable fixed
Objectplace now always modifies the game
Spectators and objectplacers no longer pull in NiGHTS rings and wings
Possible fix for large intermission display
Game only pausable if in level or intermission
Walking over a teammate's fire trail no longer gives you rings
Extra points for hitting someone with the flag
Extra points for being the person who captured the flag
CECHO messages for capturing flags and returning them to base.
Sounds for capturing flags
Camera zooms out while climbing
CONNECT console command now checks for modifiedgame
Precipmobjs now reused in weather change
Some lasers removed on Easy
THZ1 barrels enlarged & new texture made
New "4" weather type... "blank" precipitation for preloading
Fixed camera reset button problem
Skim movement fixes
Race-only linedef executor (type 9)
Got rid of chatmacros, a dumb doom hangover
Super Sonic doesn't spin while floating
Modified THZ2, CEZ1, and CEZ2 for race
Quieter spindash sound
Bubbles are affected by current
Small bug fixes for pushables
Small bug with continue screen fixed
New linetype 127 - Start Platform Movement
Linedef execs for Red Team and Blue Team
NiGHTS map no longer relies on axis snapping for rings
Normal level music resumes after race death
"Press F12 to watch other players." Message after game over in race
"Respawnitemtime 0" now works with monitors
Removed support for supplying a value after "-server"
TITLESCROLLSPEED option for Maincfg Category
Pumas/Fish now jump if angle is 0.
Lightdash button now drops flag in CTF
Level Select reads first 9 single player levels
modifiedgame set to true inside CL_LoadServerFiles
"Sudden Death" fix
"Message of the Day" for netgames
Better quicksand texture
Fixed FF_SPINBUST blocks
Better OpenGL lighting calculations
Crush Fixes
Knuckles now clings to bobbing/crumbling/falling platforms
You are now told how many easter eggs you have left in a level
THZ2 slime door opens faster
Two variables for state actions
New state actions
Detons emit a chasing sound
New FOF flag - FF_SHATTERBOTTOM
Enemies/bosses can be crushed
"Springy Doom Zone" fixed

AND THE next version! 1.09.45.87.89.98.43!

what is new:
Sonic runs a bit faster!
Tails a now....Tails!
Knux now a chilmer!
and I...lose my nevs.....

thats my Mind: PLEASE dont make so often 1...% version i hate it i and i dont think that i am the only one....

Walter

That is why it is a public beta. You are only allowed to whine about official releases.

Neo Chaotikal said:
Guys, AJ's probably having the time of his life watching you guys do whatnot to the little house they decided to add.

yes_its_a_hoax.png

Even without the file name, I look at it, and see that the second line isn't placed QUITE right like a "official" CECHO is placed. I have got to try this.

But maybe... the house has a different colored RedXVI that gets you to RVZ2!

IT IS BEING HYPE TIME!!!1!!

FSX said:
Neo Chaotikal said:
Guys, AJ's probably having the time of his life watching you guys do whatnot to the little house they decided to add.

yes_its_a_hoax.png

Even without the file name, I look at it, and see that the second line isn't placed QUITE right like a "official" CECHO is placed. I have got to try this.

But maybe... the house has a different colored RedXVI that gets you to RVZ2!

IT IS BEING HYPE TIME!!!1!!

He probably just used the console to cecho and took a screenshot. There's no reason to photoshop it when it's as easy as that.

Neo Chaotikal said:

yes_its_a_hoax.png

Wow, i thought this was real at first, but, if it was official, wouldnt some person would be popping out of the house :|

Some person? SOME PERSON? Have yee no shame? How does art thou not knoweth who Red XVI is-eth? He made thy game "Sonic MADventure", the Thirdscape games, and a whole lot more-eth. And he's also a great music composer-eth.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Some person? SOME PERSON? Have yee no shame? How does art thou not knoweth who Red XVI is-eth? He made thy game "Sonic MADventure", the Thirdscape games, and a whole lot more-eth. And he's also a great music composer-eth.
Ah, I didn't know the guy by name but I know of the games. They're cool. ;)

I need to play Sonic MADventure again now that I have a better tolerance for bad content. :P Game was pretty funny. "Red XVI Presents..." "Presents? I like presents! Oh, sorry!"

A small, basic test level I made which shows a glitch that happens when you try to jump onto a spring that is very close to the edge of a platform. AJ fixed the bug, but I don't think he fixed it the way he could have. Something to do with objects not restoring their states when they land on the edge of a platform. For example, if a badnik is knocked onto a platform half-way on the edge, it will not move (thinks it's still falling). Same happens with Sonic. If you bounce him off a spring and you land on a platform close to the edge, he still plays his falling animation and can't jump until you move him off of it.

Actually, I had to undo the fix I did for Springy Doom Zone because it started causing a lot of different troubles with springs. (109.3.4 does not have the 'springy doom zone' fix, but 1.09.3.1 does).

then find a different fix for it, and make it so that you only have to do the "beat ultimate mode 3 times" thing once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back