Major Rules Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

The rules have been changed. Again. Read the new rules here: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=2575

Major changes:

Useless posts are now specifically mentioned as against policy. Say "lol" or another one word post, and that's an infraction.

Posting topics about projects you haven't made yet is against the rules.

Constant criticism is now against the rules. These threads consisting of 15 people saying "recolors suck" need to stop.

Now, then, other than just the rules, there are several other major changes being instituted. Most of them are not going to be something you're going to see, but one thing you WILL see is that all of these rules are going to be enforced. To the letter. We are going to have a three strike policy. Three strikes, and the tempbans start. You will be given strikes via private messages. Get three, and you've got yourself a tempban.

I think it's very clear that the forums have gotten rather out of control recently, and this is going to be our method of reining in the forums back to a level more tolerable to the administrators. Please stick with us while we restructure our system. It's going to be a bumpy ride, but we're going to do everything we can to get the ride back onto the smooth tracks again.

Mystic, you have no idea how much and how long I have been waiting for this. Thank you VERY much.

Mystic for the win.

Let's hope this works. What I think we need is more mods, though. Response time for certain topics has been slow lately.

And Bigboi, we're already ahead of you. FoxBlitzz, SRB2-Playah, and Tets were added as moderators when the change was made.

Bigboi said:
Mystic for the win.

Let's hope this works. What I think we need is more mods, though. Response time for certain topics has been slow lately.

Did you notice something under each forum name got a bit longer?

Anyways, good job on updating the rules. This will hopefully make the forum less crazy now.

Hopefully we should get fewer n00bs, now.
Thank you for the better enforcement of the rules, we've seen so much stupid topics lately.

Mystic said:
Posting topics about projects you haven't made yet is against the rules, unless you can show actual progress on it

fixed

I remember you say that posting topics about projects are allowed as long as you can show progress on it, like screens/clips/betas.

PS: I know you fixed it in the page you refered to, but I'll correct you here as well, to make people that are too lazy to go to the rules page see the full thing as well.

Mystic said:
Don’t use l33tspeak, internet acronyms (LOL, U, etc.), or text message abbreviations.

errrm, okay... I can understand saying that you shouldn't overuse lol and other acronyms, and that you shouldn't ever use the more stupid ones, but shouldn't the minor ones like lol and rofl be allowed, so long as they are used in moderation?

Prime 2.0 said:
Mystic said:
Don’t use l33tspeak, internet acronyms (LOL, U, etc.), or text message abbreviations.

errrm, okay... I can understand saying that you shouldn't overuse lol and other acronyms, and that you shouldn't ever use the more stupid ones, but shouldn't the minor ones like lol and rofl be allowed, so long as they are used in moderation?

I think he just means for it not to be used normally. I don't use two word posts often, and much less do I use chatslang, but I would assume that it's okay to occasionally post "Friggin' lawl" every fifty posts or so, as long as it's not absolutely pointless or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back