LEGO Bionicle 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelie

Haunted by a couple big mistakes
To all you building enthusiasts out there, it's time to reorganize your shelves, boot up your Cryoshell albums and head over to here for a sneak peak of 6 recurring characters of a classic franchise from our childhoods.

Now, I actually came over this by pure accident by searching for some songs to add into my playlist and thought of something more.. nostalgic. It was there on various Cryoshell videos I noticed chatter in the comments that got me intrigued and made me take a curious peak on the LEGO website which I haven't visited for years. I also knew that many people knew of this (MI even made random parodies) and decided to share. But I still want to know..

Did somebody actually see this coming (back)?

Personally I find it hard to be excited about Bionicle coming back, even given it's been part of my own childhood; even back before it was discontinued previously it already felt a dead horse by the end. Last cool thing I remember from it was whatever generation the Piraka were from (I lost track of those things), that Bionicle Heroes game was fab.

On a slightly unrelated note, ever notice how complex and/or specially crafted the designs of Bionicle characters are these days? Every character on the page seems to have realistic appearances and full-body armour with colored markings even! ...Compare that to the original sets of early 2000s, where they still were half-built of (and somewhat looked like too) standard LEGO Technic pieces, with fairly simple and bare-bones designs. But they worked at least!

Still, the fact that the LEGO Company is bringing back one of my favorite series brings a tear of joy to my eyes. I remember absolutely loving the series when I was younger, and being quite disappointed at how the BIONICLE Stars line was just smaller versions of old characters. I thought that was a terrible way for such a fantastic saga to end. I'm curious though as to what direction the lore will take, but I'm certain that strange-looking gold mask that keeps on showing up in pictures related to this will play a central role in the plot.

I can't say I really care. I lost interest after they started Metru Nui.

Even so, I loved it as a kid- and I have the original six Toa displayed on a shelf right now. So it's not like I don't care completely, but I love it more out of nostalgia than what it actually is, or will be.

Well, I just nostalgiagasmed. I don't think I'll see myself buying these though, especially since I lost interest after whenever the Toa Inika came out. Still, I'm kinda glad that LEGO's bringing this back, if only out of pure nostalgia.

Nostalgically, I am surpised that they are bringing it back; however, being a college student now, have moved on a long time ago. I also lost track after the Toa Inika IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back