SRB2CB - Community Build (Final 1.09.4 Version!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kalaron, if you (or others) were able to port what you could for OpenGL fixes, I would be very much obliged, and I imagine many others would be as well. I have tested your OpenGL fixes in the CB build you posted in the chat, and they work great.

For those who possess the needed hardware (a vast majority of the computers nowadays do), being able to use a hardware rendering method allows for a much, much smoother SRB2 experience. While software rendering has some neat things in use (and looks much, much prettier than older software rendering), the game feels choppy, which stands out as a fundamental flaw against what a Sonic game should be. I realize not many of the staff have the time to maintain hardware rendering (I don't blame them), but being able to have a choice of graphics rendering really helps keep SRB2 presentable and afford maximum compatibility.

It's a shame most of the STJr devs don't want to maintain both hardware rendering and software, so they just picked software and said "opengl not supported, kthxbi". It would be nice if users had some sort of choice between the two renders without been forced to either a very buggy one, or a very choppy one, but I know that wont be happening anytime soon that's for sure.

It's a shame most of the STJr devs don't want to maintain both hardware rendering and software

You think we don't...?

Also, Kalaron, Win7 64-bit kinda dies on ring/water/enemy touch or spin dashing. Not entirely sure why, but hey.

What you've done is certainly interesting though, I must hand it to you, albeit extremely bugged.

Well don't forget cue, that happens in both software and openGL, so it doesn't seem terribly likely that the OGL fixes are causing that.

Does it? I haven't tried software, so...

I never said it was the OGL fixes anyways, I just said the build crashes.

I seem to have these issues too, and it also happens in many other instances (killing enemies, spring bouncing, respawn in multiplayer). I think it has something to do with state changing...

Where do I get the WADs for this? It keeps telling me a wad file is missing or invalid.
Even if you download the program, you still need the iwad the mod uses, and as far as I know, this was for 1.09.4, so it wont work in the same folder as SRB2 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back