Sonic's SSKIN lump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic's "S_SKIN" is found in r_things.c, part of SRB2's source code.

As an interesting note, the stats he has for every S_SKIN parameter are the defaults for each of those parameters.

You should find Sonic's S_SKIN about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way down the file's contents, IIRC.

It's not written like a normal S_SKIN would be, mind, given it's part of SRB2's source code. =P

It's the part immedately after the big header thing for "SKINS CODE", where you should also see "setup Sonic as default skin" just above Sonic's S_SKIN settings.

....what? You sure you're actually looking in "r_things.c" in the "src" folder then? I'm absolutely certain that's where you find the stuff, having discovered it there ages ago. =S

Found 'jumpfactor' but there's one thing: how can I turn off jumping with it? (Now it's clear Super Pyro Ball will be an EXE mod... =/) I was wondering because it says 'char jumpfactor[4]; // % of standard jump height' and no character jumps at 4% the height of the default in normal SRB2.

No, I'm pretty sure "char jumpfactor[4];" is actually to set the maximum amount of (text) characters that can be put in as a setting. Though knowing SRB2 enough, I'm guessing that value would actually be 3, not 4.

So basically, it means no value higher than, what, 999 can be used. (but then of course, the game tries to prevent you from using jumpheight values above 100). Turning off jumping with it obviously should be just setting "jumpfactor"/"jumpheight" to 0 anyway. =P

...besides which, I'm guessing you found that in r_things.h, right? That's not where Sonic's S_SKIN is found at all; that part of the source is just where the game defines all the possible parameters for a player skin. Most of them of course are changable via S_SKIN, but some might go by different names (e.g. "jumpfactor", "starttranscolor", which are changed by "jumpheight" and "startcolor" in S_SKIN), and some not changeable at all! (e.g. "super", ...and I think that's actually the only one, lol)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back