SRB2 2.0.X Bug Reports (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level design issue:

MAP07, Sector 1286/1273: maybe an "unclosed" sector or linedef 9172 wasn't well stitched.

In both Windows 7 Ultimate and Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, when you launch SRB2 and press F4 to adjust sound stuff, and go back to the main menu, the "Scramble Teams..." options appears.

(screenshot was taken from Ubuntu 9.10)
Screenshot.png

Upon launching SRB2 on a computer in Software mode gives me this, while running it under OpenGL works perfectly.

Screenshot-1.png

If you're too lazy to read the terminal, here's a transcript:

Code:
angelxwind@ubuntu:~$ srb2 -win
Compiled for SDL version: 1.2.13
Linked with SDL version: 1.2.13
Setting up SRB2...
Looking for WADs in: SRB2WADDIR,.,/usr/local/share/games/srb2,/usr/local/games/srb2,/usr/share/games/srb2,/usr/games/srb2
SRB2 v2.0.4
Z_Init: Init zone memory allocation daemon. 
system memory 48MB free 48MB
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
I_StartupTimer...
Added file /usr/games/srb2/srb2.srb (6292 lumps)
Loading main config from /usr/games/srb2/srb2.srb
Added file /usr/games/srb2/sonic.plr (185 lumps)
Added file /usr/games/srb2/tails.plr (175 lumps)
Added file /usr/games/srb2/knux.plr (171 lumps)
Added file /usr/games/srb2/rings.wpn (212 lumps)
Added file /usr/games/srb2/drill.dta (182 lumps)
Added file /usr/games/srb2/soar.dta (92 lumps)
Added file /usr/games/srb2/music.dta (166 lumps)
===========================================================================
                   We hope you enjoy this game as
                     much as we did making it!
                            ...wait. =P
===========================================================================
I_StartupGraphics...
Starting up with video driver : x11
Found 6 FullScreen Video Modes:
1280x1024 and 1024x768 and 832x624 and 800x600 and 720x400 and 640x480 and None
Segmentation fault
angelxwind@ubuntu:~$

Last edited:
Well then I must be mistaken about the term, I thought I read it around here before, must have been my imagination.
Even though you may have seen it said a few times, almost nobody here ever uses that term. I don't see why you would use a term rarely (or never) used instead of actually describing something.

126agjl.png

I looked into Doombuilder for this area in RVZ1, and there appears to be lindefs crossing over about 2 linedefs, which causes this to happen.

(Linedefs) *MAP16*

a4sk06.png

Speaking of which, there are a few more linedefs that cross over somewhat, plus an unclosed sector. This one is right near the start of the level.

Last edited:
Registers:
EAX=00000140 CS=001b EIP=005570f0 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=00000000 SS=0023 ESP=0012fdb0 EBP=00000001
ECX=75ebc97b DS=0023 ESI=0055e6e8 FS=003b
EDX=00000000 ES=0023 EDI=00000001 GS=0000

this error keeps popping up as:
signal_handler():access violation

signal handler: segment violation, known as a sigsegv, is a common error that could occur for a number of different reasons. If you want to help, you'll need to provide more information on what you're doing when the sigsegv triggers. Is the crash reproducible? Is the crash involving WAD files?

signal handler: segment violation, known as a sigsegv, is a common error that could occur for a number of different reasons. If you want to help, you'll need to provide more information on what you're doing when the sigsegv triggers. Is the crash reproducible? Is the crash involving WAD files?

actually, I was just starting up the game and I got the error.

Sounds to me that in that case you might as well restart the whole stage.

Regardless, actual bug report: it appears that in 2D mode, you can still alter the speed at which you traverse water slides (in the pain state) by pressing left and right, unlike in normal play, where forward/backward do nothing (and you always face the direction of the current, so speed is unchangeable).

Also a bug that's been evidenced but not sure is actually in this topic: When you have a sector whose effect kicks in when the player touches the floor and attach a second effect that checks the whole sector, this second effect takes over the first effect and both trigger as soon as the player enters the sector. The common example is the death pit + linedef executor (anywhere in sector) mix, which turns the sector into an instant kill sector.

Last edited:
Drawing centered strings with too many newlines makes the game sigsegv. ^_^;

Last edited by a moderator:
It still displays your personal points on the table, so it's pretty clear why the team won. You shouldn't be messing with the teams dramatically at the end of a round anyways. Scramble the teams at the beginning of the round. This is more assuming that you're going to occasionally swap players around when one team is losing dramatically, not team scramble in the middle of the game. Why would you do that?

I have no idea why a user would do that. It's so stupid!

Drawing centered strings with too many newlines makes the game sigsegv. ^_^;
It's called "Drawing off the top of the screen." And it's always done that.

Sadly.

'course, it's not that hard to make it not draw a patch if it's off the top of the screen. I've done it in my own mod, I may toss it over into 2.0.5 so stuff like that doesn't happen.

EIP=0047290e

This happened when I glided into the big Swinging Mace by the 2 big FOF's in CEZ2 as Knuckles after I was hit by an Egg Guard, and was invincible for a few seconds.

EIP=004aa103

Crashed while switching to chasecam on.

EIP=0049358b

I hit an grenade with an nuke and sigsegv'd

EIP=0048d0c7

Crashed in the intermission screen at 0 seconds left in race with 13 poepole.

EIP=0048d0c2

Crashed directly after I jump in the lava in RVZ.

Sometimes, a perfect rail shot on the target don't hit it.

Playing a Hide & Seek game in Desolate Twilight Zone. The Seeker caught someone hiding on top of one of the pillars and took him out with a rail ring. For whatever reason, the rail ring bounced after killing him (suddendeath was on) and went directly upwards into the sky. The rail may or may not have passed straight through the victim too but I couldn't tell for sure from the angle I was viewing from.

I may take a snapshot of the specific pillar if necessary.

This?

srb20398.jpg

... heh, it's so common. This will always happen when you shoot against a thok barrier wall that renders F_SKY1 flat. Easily reproducible.

srb20397.jpg

The above post reminds me; sometimes, a player will graze the bomb ring, get hurt, and the bomb ring will pass on through like it never hit 'em.

Here's another one: apparently if you set a MOTD whilst in the main title screen, then try to start a multiplayer game, you immediately get kicked from your own game due to consistency failure.

The above post reminds me; sometimes, a player will graze the bomb ring, get hurt, and the bomb ring will pass on through like it never hit 'em.
Dunno if it applies to SRB2, but that sounds like a common lag issue to me - sometimes one player will register the bomb hitting, while the others register it missing it entirely. This would usually result in a projectile going straight through people and damaging them where otherwise it would've detonated on impact, technically achieving part of both outcomes. I saw this a fair bit with rocket launchers back when I still played UT2004 regularly, so maybe it's a similar issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back