Hitting Eggman while he's submerging in DSZ3 slows him down a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I did not record it, and I doubt I'll be able to reproduce it easily, so I'll have to give you a text explanation.

Well, when fighting Eggman in DSZ3, if the player manages to hit Eggman while he's submerging, he will slow down a lot until he gets down to the corner of the "pipe", after which he returns to normal speed.

I did this during the pinch phase, so it may or may not work before the pinch phase. Additionally, it might also just had been a one-time bug thing, and not something reproducable. But I haven't tried reproducing it, so it might be a reproducable persistent bug.

This happened in the vanilla 2.1.8 version.

Lucky you—I decided to force Egghead into this bug and as it turns out it is completely reproducible. And I got a recording of it, too.

ValuableFearfulAmurstarfish.gif

Most likely the only way this bug would happen if a character uses a no-clip move. Most likely in devmode gameplay or in a character wad that has no-clip related moves could possibly do this.

I've seen it happen in normal gameplay. Noclip just makes it easy to trigger it because in normal gameplay you have to hit him right as he starts moving down.

I've seen it happen in normal gameplay.
Like for example what happened for me. As Sonic, I was just trying to beat the boss normally, then one of the clones hit me, so I had to use a spindash-thok jump in order to get to the real Egghead and hit him (he was in one of the two pipes furthest away from the corner I was at), and I managed to hit him just as he started submerging.
So while the clones quickly went down to the center base thing, Egghead went super slowly down to the corner of his pipe, before hurrying to the center, and then spreading out like normal again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back