Sonic Boom: A new Sonic cartoon series, coming Fall 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right...how is this bad? I don't see your point.

I know you might be joking, but...

1. Knuckles and Amy pop into existence mid-cutscene because Sonic was moving too fast for them to catch up.
2. Because of this, Knuckles looks like he's getting sucked off the entire time.
3. The dialogue isn't synched to the cutscene correctly; the camera pans upward to the sun before the jellyfish creature mentions the sun.
4. The music track doesn't change when Lyric's ship appears.
5. Lyric's ship makes no noise.
6. Despite the character's dialogue, the ship drops off no enemies.
7. The water is an almost featureless blue void with rings floating around in it.

Right...how is this bad? I don't see your point.

This cutscene is NOT EVEN FINISHED. The Not-Egg-Fleet or whatever it is just hovers in with no effects or music queue, drops nothing, and fucking leaves.

This is ignoring the elephant in the room, or rather "Why am I talking to Knuckle's back with a water sheen on it".

Okay, but fine. Maybe lack of polish in non-gameplay elements doesn't bother you. This, on the other hand, should.

http://youtu.be/D8V0vM_ra6M

Another game-breaking Boom glitch. If you die to the enemies inside this force field, the game re-spawns you outside the force field and you can't destroy the enemies to progress further in the level.

Edit: Meanwhile, this glitch is just hilarious and awesome.

http://youtu.be/ZPwXKHqdXDw

Infinite jumping Knuckles!

Edit 2: Now I know why Knuckles can't climb 99% of surfaces in Sonic Boom. If they had tried to implement climbing and failed, the game would be just as glitchy as Sonic 06.

http://youtu.be/lwi46F5B_t4

Last edited:
This cutscene is NOT EVEN FINISHED. The Not-Egg-Fleet or whatever it is just hovers in with no effects or music queue, drops nothing, and fucking leaves.

This is ignoring the elephant in the room, or rather "Why am I talking to Knuckle's back with a water sheen on it".

Okay, but fine. Maybe lack of polish in non-gameplay elements doesn't bother you. This, on the other hand, should.

I didn't know the cutscene wasn't finished because I haven't got a chance to look at any gameplay videos other than the first thing you linked.

I got around to watching the first two episodes of the TV series earlier today.

I had quite a bit of fun with it, I wouldn't consider it anything special though. I'm in love with the goofy characterization for this Eggman mind you.

Although the animation of the slime in Buster, wow the slime was integrated into the rest of the animation so badly.

output_8QkXZU.gif

I think I'm in the minority when I say I liked Buster. I like dogs, and it'd be funny for a rough character like Sticks to have something she can perpetually roughhouse with without fear of it dying / being permanently destroyed.

I genuinely hope we see Buster in future episodes.

I'm with Cobalt in disliking the dog actually. That episode wasn't as great as the rest. So far that was the only one that annoyed me.

I think it's time to post my final thoughts on the game and show.
In short...this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS8tkajJ6uw.
Clement pretty well sums up how I feel. Meh. The game works, it's glitchy in the skyrim way, not the Sonic 06 way, the graphics feel impressive but incomplete, the hub worlds are too big and empty, and overall the game is just average. I bought it because I like Sonic, and I enjoyed it in a way. It's not worth $60, but it killed some time for me, and dear god, it's not worse than Sonic 06, people. Anyone who says this is immediately discredited from me. Sonic 06 is an unpolished mess with absolutely no consistency, good ideas, enjoyment, or elegance. This game is unpolished, but it works. It knows what it is, and that's not a whole lot. It's just a licensed game, and while I was a bit more hopeful back in February, I knew what I was getting into, and because of this I didn't hate the game. I knew critics were going to crap all over it, I knew the fanboys were gonna whine, I don't care. The fact that I can beat this game, the fact that it's playable, the fact that I know what to do, and the fact that I don't have to push giant uncontrollable billiard balls for 20 minutes around a giant maze of pain to beat one goddamn level (which was intended to be a shorter level in 06 than any RoL levels but ends up taking far longer, by the way) means that this game still beats it. I don't think it's great. Both adventure games, Colors, Generations, even Lost World (well, the Wii U version) are all better choices. But this game isn't terrible. It's really, really average.

I have no words for the 3DS version seeing as I don't own it, but it looks somewhat less interesting, so I guess I'll find out when I get it for christmas. Anyway, the TV show.

MMMM. It's good. I expected it to be the best Sonic show, no doubt, but I didn't expect it to also be GOOD. It's witty, and the fourth episode is dumb. I expected to hate Sticks, and I didn't expect to like Knuckles or Amy as much as I do, but I think every main character is actually really good. So, hopefully tomorrows episodes will be better than episode 4. I can't wait to see if characters like Shadow and Metal Sonic appear.

So in short, Rise of Lyric is meh, TV show is great, Shattered Crystal is I don't know.

I can only really vouch for the show so far. I don't have a Wii U and I've just barely touched the 3DS version (verdict so far: okay, not worth full retail).

Overall, I think the show has the right balance between comedy and action. I haven't really heard a line that was groan-worthy and I've chuckled quite a few times, mostly at Eggman's abrasive nature. The fights with the giant robots that show up at the end of each episode have been okay so far, but I do hope they shake things up with other types of foes or disasters to handle.

Seeing Sonic and company in a world with other animals that don't clash with their designs is awesome. The Sonic OVA did a good job of this as well, but I don't think it's been attempted on a long-term television show before. Bravo.

The biggest problem I have so far is that a large part of the existing episodes is Seinfeld masquerading as a Sonic cartoon: Sonic lives in an apartment and has to endure the banter of his friends as they sit on his couch. Much like Jerry, Sonic often begins these scenes in his adjoining kitchen. Knuckles is George, Amy is Elaine, Sticks is Kramer, and Eggman is the barely-tolerated Newman. My point is that in these scenes, very little is happening physically - the characters have to rely on the force of their personality to keep viewers' collective interest. And while these segments aren't bad from a writing perspective, I worry that three minutes of nothing happening but exposition is too much for younger kids.

For instance, in the last episode, Sonic and company could've been lecturing Sticks to treat animals better as they were beginning to help her pick out a pet at the shop. That would've been a bit more dynamic than sitting down, and we could've had a few more minor sight gags that would add to the cartoon's charm. I'm not saying they should never sit on the couch and discuss things, just maybe not as much...

As much time as the couch segments do drain, the pacing in this show is another of its strengths. Things don't really seem rushed or plodding overall in its 11-minute episodes.

Last edited:
So, today, the most recent Sonic Boom episode was out. It's pretty good. The entire show's better than ALL the other Sonic shows--even Satam!--

I think it's time to post my final thoughts on the game and show.
In short...this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS8tkajJ6uw.
Clement pretty well sums up how I feel. Meh. The game works, it's glitchy in the skyrim way, not the Sonic 06 way, the graphics feel impressive but incomplete, the hub worlds are too big and empty, and overall the game is just average. I bought it because I like Sonic, and I enjoyed it in a way. It's not worth $60, but it killed some time for me, and dear god, it's not worse than Sonic 06, people. Anyone who says this is immediately discredited from me. Sonic 06 is an unpolished mess with absolutely no consistency, good ideas, enjoyment, or elegance. This game is unpolished, but it works. It knows what it is, and that's not a whole lot. It's just a licensed game, and while I was a bit more hopeful back in February, I knew what I was getting into, and because of this I didn't hate the game. I knew critics were going to crap all over it, I knew the fanboys were gonna whine, I don't care. The fact that I can beat this game, the fact that it's playable, the fact that I know what to do, and the fact that I don't have to push giant uncontrollable billiard balls for 20 minutes around a giant maze of pain to beat one goddamn level (which was intended to be a shorter level in 06 than any RoL levels but ends up taking far longer, by the way) means that this game still beats it. I don't think it's great. Both adventure games, Colors, Generations, even Lost World (well, the Wii U version) are all better choices. But this game isn't terrible. It's really, really average.

I think anyone defending the WiiU game as being anything other than "slightly better than '06" is being too soft. This game clearly was not bug-tested, combat is bland, the graphics are early Wii quality, platforming segments are sluggish and uninteresting, and the characters won't. shut. up. Not to mention there are framerate drops everywhere, and the gameplay, from what I've witnessed, doesn't offer any actual challenge since the developers forgot to implement a lives system, or... y'know... any kind of drawback for dying.

It's not average, it's bad. How bad it is happens to be a matter of opinion, but just because the player can complete the game doesn't mean they'll actually want to.

"I knew the fanboys were gonna whine"... Are you not one? Also, do you think critics and Sonic fans are the only people criticizing the game? From what I've witnessed, many of the people shitting on it are those who are either uninterested in Sonic or left the fandom a long time ago.

So, today, the most recent Sonic Boom episode was out. It's pretty good. The entire show's better than ALL the other Sonic shows--even Satam!--

I agree with this. SatAM is the only cartoon that really competes with this, and even so, I think Boom benefits from being made in 2014, ergo it has better animation tools at its disposal.

I think anyone defending the WiiU game as being anything other than "slightly better than '06" is being too soft.
Please. This game is nothing on the crap-o-meter compared to Sonic 06. It's better than other Sonic games, too. It's better than Secret Rings. Better than Shadow, or even Heroes (though that's a bit of a stretch). The game controls better than all of those. Hell, I'd say it's got better controls than any of the Boost games.

This game clearly was not bug-tested, combat is bland, the graphics are early Wii quality, platforming segments are sluggish and uninteresting, and the characters won't. shut. up.
Maybe you think one thing or another is "uninteresting", but I'm not the only person in existence who thought the game could actually be fun at times. You're clearly not giving it a chance, and by the looks of it you haven't been since the beginning. You can turn the voices off, so if you don't like them anyway, you shouldn't be bothered by their frequency of speaking when there's an option to get rid of it entirely.

Not to mention there are framerate drops everywhere, and the gameplay, from what I've witnessed, doesn't offer any actual challenge since the developers forgot to implement a lives system, or... y'know... any kind of drawback for dying.
Lives are a BAD THING. They exist only as fake difficulty to keep us playing the game longer. And you mean to tell me you haven't even played it? How exactly do you expect me to think you're better to speak for this game than someone who's played the thing?

It's not average, it's bad. How bad it is happens to be a matter of opinion, but just because the player can complete the game doesn't mean they'll actually want to.
Yeah, and? This game isn't so bad that I didn't want to finish it. It's functional, and I think the writing is good, and the graphics, while inconsistent, usually look alright. The gameplay is more of a mesh to tie in everything else, and it's still a hell of a lot more functional than any main series title released from 2005 to 2009.

"I knew the fanboys were gonna whine"... Are you not one? Also, do you think critics and Sonic fans are the only people criticizing the game? From what I've witnessed, many of the people shitting on it are those who are either uninterested in Sonic or left the fandom a long time ago.
If people don't care about Sonic, they aren't going to be talking about Sonic. Anyone who complains about this game is a critic or a Sonic fan, because everyone else automatically writes off every new Sonic game, regardless of quality, as "ehh nyeehh another bad Sonic game whatever bleh" and never mentions it again.

You know why Sonic 06 is better? Because the things that happen in that game are so absurd that they're fucking hilarious.

This game offers no such hilarity. It just provides a bunch of boring drivel, errors that could've been found with any amount of bug testing (you'd think the basic action of pausing the game would get looked over), and characters that will not shut their traps for more than two seconds.

Dying in this game has no drawback whatsoever; save for when you die and the game permanently locks you out of something you needed to finish because, again, no bug testing. There's no feeling of accomplishment when failure isn't even a slap on the wrist. Boss fights are just monotonous, because even if you lose all your rings and die, you just get put right back in front of the boss again while he continues what he was doing before. It makes me wonder why they even bothered with the ring counter... right, so they could give an incentive for linking with the 3DS game.

"Hey, look, ramps!" "We can use these as ramps!"

Please. This game is nothing on the crap-o-meter compared to Sonic 06. It's better than other Sonic games, too. It's better than Secret Rings. Better than Shadow, or even Heroes (though that's a bit of a stretch). The game controls better than all of those. Hell, I'd say it's got better controls than any of the Boost games.

Ugh god, it is not better than Heroes. And Secret Rings wasn't something I would want to replay through, but it at least wasn't buggy as hell and offered some legitimate challenge. I haven't played Shadow, but based on what I've seen and heard about it, I wouldn't consider "better than Shadow" high praise.

Maybe you think one thing or another is "uninteresting", but I'm not the only person in existence who thought the game could actually be fun at times. You're clearly not giving it a chance, and by the looks of it you haven't been since the beginning. You can turn the voices off, so if you don't like them anyway, you shouldn't be bothered by their frequency of speaking when there's an option to get rid of it entirely.
* I think the platforming segments would be fine if every character's gameplay was sped up and/or there were enemies involved. Everything I've seen so far looks pretty basic and non-perilous.
* When all we had were a couple 1-minute trailers, I thought this game showed some promise, at least conceptually. After looking at gameplay from E3 as well as listening to other people's sentiments I decided the game wasn't going to do well, on the grounds of the gameplay looking stale, the soundtrack being bland, and the one-liners getting on my nerves. I did not expect the game to be a buggy unfinished mess, which is what we got.
* You know what would be even better is if the dialogue was less frequent in gameplay so I can enjoy some of it without Sonic or Knuckles' quips getting shoved down my throat every five seconds.
* The SRB2 forum disallows "If you don't like it, don't download it" because it's a nonconstructive argument used to dissuade criticism. The same reasoning applies here: being able to turn the voices off does not shield the dialogue from criticism.

Lives are a BAD THING. They exist only as fake difficulty to keep us playing the game longer.
No, they exist to create stakes. That is exactly my point. Lives make you care about the danger of the situation and think about how to approach obstacles thoughtfully, rather than just trying to plow through it as fast or as easily as possible. Citing it as just being an artificial difficulty enhancer makes me think you don't really understand that much about game design, nor the point I'm trying to make in that there needs to be consequences for the player's actions.

And you mean to tell me you haven't even played it? How exactly do you expect me to think you're better to speak for this game than someone who's played the thing?

What if the person arguing with you is someone who has experience looking at games critically, or someone with a less biased perspective due to not really having a preconceived opinion on the franchise this game is from? What if you want this game to be good, and so you're more inclined to look at things from a brighter perspective while not paying much attention to the game's weaknesses?

Of course I haven't played it, I'm not spending $60 on this shit. Just because you've played it doesn't mean you have greater authority on the subject over someone who hasn't; if you did, it would be super-easy to defend Superman 64 just by taking the time to download it and say "Well, you haven't played it, so how do you know it's bad?" No hands-on opinion is a valid argument unless it's backed by actual fact and reason.

Yeah, and? This game isn't so bad that I didn't want to finish it. It's functional, and I think the writing is good, and the graphics, while inconsistent, usually look alright. The gameplay is more of a mesh to tie in everything else, and it's still a hell of a lot more functional than any main series title released from 2005 to 2009.
The writing would be better if the game didn't try to teach you through character dialogue FOUR TIMES that you can push buttons to make things happen; there's hand-holding and then there's Sonic Boom's tutorials. And can you really call it "more functional" when the only game with more game-breaking bugs is maybe '06?

If people don't care about Sonic, they aren't going to be talking about Sonic. Anyone who complains about this game is a critic or a Sonic fan, because everyone else automatically writes off every new Sonic game, regardless of quality, as "ehh nyeehh another bad Sonic game whatever bleh" and never mentions it again.

You are hyper-generalizing in order to strengthen your point; subsequently, your generalizations are wrong. A majority of the critics and gamers I've heard from tend to agree, even if they didn't like Sonic, that Generations and Colors were good games, and I think some would even consider Lost World to be decent. As far as non-Sonic fans go, the complaints I've heard for Rise of Lyric range from "Why is Sonic slow" / "This doesn't feel like a Sonic game" to "Oh my god I just fell through the floor" and "lmao I can bypass the entire game by pause-jumping with Knux".

犬夜叉;763185 said:
You know why Sonic 06 is better? Because the things that happen in that game are so absurd that they're fucking hilarious.
I dunno about that; I do like how the character you're using in Sonic Boom can die instantly from wading into knee-deep water (complete with gurgling noises).

Last edited:
I've seen a bit of boom 3ds/wii(on part 4 of a 10 part LP) and the first 4 Episodes of the cartoon and I think it's meh-ok.
The cartoon is the best part of it, I think it's ok, not that great but not bad. I might watch all of the episodes(that is if sega doesn't take all of them down first).

The game isn't that great. From the looks of it, the 3ds version is better than the Wii U one but that's still only a ok. I guess that I would dislike it a lot more if I still cared a lot about sonic but I stopped really caring about it.

One of the things that I didn't like about BRB was this:
At the beginning when they had the redesigns they were like "hey everyone loves them, we did a great job" even if most of the sonic base said that they disliked the new redesigns, later one of the members was shocked by how different the sonic fanbase reacted to sonic boom and after that they knew that it was going to be bad.

06 wasn't that bad, sure it was rushed and most of you probably hate the story, but if it wasn't that rushed(if sony/microsoft gave them more time or if sega didn't try out too many things with the nextgen consoles or whatever else happened) it would've been somewhat ok.

Boom never had a that great idea to begin with, and even if it wasn't rushed it would've been only "meh to ok" on ranks.

At least with 06 they somewhat tried to fix it(PS3 had some bugs fixed, DLC had faster tails and some other stuff), while BRB knew that it was going to be bad and started to leave everyone.

And even if you didn't like 06, there is still the point that Inuyasha said.
犬夜叉;763185 said:

This game offers no such hilarity. It just provides a bunch of boring drivel, errors that could've been found with any amount of bug testing (you'd think the basic action of pausing the game would get looked over), and characters that will not shut their traps for more than two seconds.

Dying in this game has no drawback whatsoever; save for when you die and the game permanently locks you out of something you needed to finish because, again, no bug testing. There's no feeling of accomplishment when failure isn't even a slap on the wrist. Boss fights are just monotonous, because even if you lose all your rings and die, you just get put right back in front of the boss again while he continues what he was doing before. It makes me wonder why they even bothered with the ring counter... right, so they could give an incentive for linking with the 3DS game.

"Hey, look, ramps!" "We can use these as ramps!"
The character voices can quickly get annoying, at least the voice actors aren't that bad like in other games, so it's only some annoying lines like "bouncy bouncy", which should only EVER play once per stage.

Another interesting thing about the voice acting is that it sounds like some characters got like 3 different voice actors, amy for example sounds different when doing actions/cutscenes and sounds a lot more like Sticks when attacking.

They could've at least made the boss reset(I haven't seen all of the boss fights, some might be long and boring, so it might be good that you don't have to fully replay it), like the levels do, but it might be better because the fights can be so glitchy and unfinished.

What does this C-SSS Rank Counter for the hits do ? Tell you that you did a good job at fighting or keeping combos ? It has no use, neither for ranking nor for battle, because you destroy one of the enemies quick, take too long to spin a enemy or charge a attack, so you can't really keep it high unless you use the endless combo glitch.

The invinciblity frames are a different things, are there even any in this game ? I've seen players go from 100 hp to 30 hp(around 1-2 hits) left in less than 10 seconds and that on BASIC robots.

Ugh god, it is not better than Heroes. And Secret Rings wasn't something I would want to replay through, but it at least wasn't buggy as hell and offered some legitimate challenge.
And that challenge was a battle with the game's shitty controls, not anything actually difficult. Have you seen those Generations level ports? They literally just hold the boost button to win.

* The SRB2 forum disallows "If you don't like it, don't download it" because it's a nonconstructive argument used to dissuade criticism. The same reasoning applies here: being able to turn the voices off does not shield the dialogue from criticism.
Oh, so if I don't like someone's wad, I can bitch about it as much as I want because any unconstructive criticism I can offer is automatically worsened by any response someone could come up with? What do you want from me? I didn't make this game. If someone doesn't want Half-Life 2 to have motion blur, am I not allowed to tell them how to turn it off? I'm not saying "if you don't like the voices, don't play the game", I'm literally telling you how to make the experience more comfortable and you're giving me the finger because of it.

No, they exist to create stakes. That is exactly my point. Lives make you care about the danger of the situation and think about how to approach obstacles thoughtfully, rather than just trying to plow through it as fast or as easily as possible. Citing it as just being an artificial difficulty enhancer makes me think you don't really understand that much about game design, nor the point I'm trying to make in that there needs to be consequences for the player's actions.
Yeah, OR they could add challenge, and not make you eat dirt cause you messed up. Exactly what do I gain from losing all my lives and restarting a level that I don't gain from DYING ITSELF? If I die, I know "oh, so I did something wrong". If I lose all my lives and have to restart a level from the very beginning, I know exactly the same thing, but my playtime has been needlessly extended. "No challenge" is Kirby's Epic Yarn. You CANNOT DIE. There is NO PENALTY for screwing up. Here, you die. You have to go back, and you lose a bunch of your shit. And that's somehow completely unpunishing, huh?

What if the person arguing with you is someone who has experience looking at games critically, or someone with a less biased perspective due to not really having a preconceived opinion on the franchise this game is from? What if you want this game to be good, and so you're more inclined to look at things from a brighter perspective while not paying much attention to the game's weaknesses?
Oh don't play the bias card on me. I'm not seeing you recognize any strengths of the game. Why does my argument now have to be somehow more complicated and forced than yours?

Of course I haven't played it, I'm not spending $60 on this shit. Just because you've played it doesn't mean you have greater authority on the subject over someone who hasn't; if you did, it would be super-easy to defend Superman 64 just by taking the time to download it and say "Well, you haven't played it, so how do you know it's bad?" No hands-on opinion is a valid argument unless it's backed by actual fact and reason.
Yeah, but a hands on opinion with no fact or reason is still astronomically better than an opinion that has no fact, reason, or hands-on experience. If someone who had no experience with video games was told by one person that "Sonic game is badly designed" by a person with no experience with said
game, and then a third person with experience with the game said "no, it's not", who should the first person be more inclined to believe?

The writing would be better if the game didn't try to teach you through character dialogue FOUR TIMES that you can push buttons to make things happen; there's hand-holding and then there's Sonic Boom's tutorials. And can you really call it "more functional" when the only game with more game-breaking bugs is ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ '06?

"Oh, this tutorial is not particularly interesting compared to the rest of the game, I'll give this game a 1/10!"

A majority of the critics and gamers I've heard from tend to agree, even if they didn't like Sonic, that Generations and Colors were good games, and I think some would even consider Lost World to be decent.
No, that's wrong. I don't care what you want to pretend you think, Sonic is a niche market at this point. It's made only for Sonic fans, and most of the time, only Sonic fans buy it. The same thing happened with Megaman, the only difference is that Sonic's fanbase is large enough that it will last longer before the series goes under. If Sonic fans don't like a new Sonic game, nobody will.

As far as non-Sonic fans go, the complaints I've heard for Rise of Lyric range from "Why is Sonic slow" / "This doesn't feel like a Sonic game" to "Oh my god I just fell through the floor" and "lmao I can bypass the entire game by pause-jumping with Knux".
Only one of those is a complaint, you realize. And even that could be a good thing, if "feeling like a Sonic game" refers to any part of the dark age

Oh, so if I don't like someone's wad, I can bitch about it as much as I want because any unconstructive criticism I can offer is automatically worsened by any response someone could come up with? What do you want from me? I didn't make this game. If someone doesn't want Half-Life 2 to have motion blur, am I not allowed to tell them how to turn it off? I'm not saying "if you don't like the voices, don't play the game", I'm literally telling you how to make the experience more comfortable and you're giving me the finger because of it.
It doesn't matter if you can turn it off, it doesn't excuse the sheer awfulness of it; just like you can't excuse Sonic Chronicles's utterly awful music simply because you can turn the DS's volume off.

Just because you don't have firsthand experience with something does not mean any criticism you give is automatically unconstructive.

Here, you die. You have to go back, and you lose a bunch of your shit. And that's somehow completely unpunishing, huh?
You go back a very short distance -- if at all, in some circumstances that doesn't even happen -- and you lose nothing except a tiny fraction of the optional currency that you likely end up carrying way too much of to do anything with anyway. That is not a punishment. That's not even a slap on the wrist.

Yeah, but a hands on opinion with no fact or reason is still astronomically better than an opinion that has no fact, reason, or hands-on experience. If someone who had no experience with video games was told by one person that "Sonic game is badly designed" by a person with no experience with said game, and then a third person with experience with the game said "no, it's not", who should the first person be more inclined to believe?
Whoever presents the best arguments, not whoever has the most experience with the subject. If the "experienced" one can't defend himself or explain the positions of the "unexperienced" in any reasonable manner, would you really expect people to listen to him?

"Oh, this tutorial is not particularly interesting compared to the rest of the game, I'll give this game a 1/10!"
Hey look, it's a strawman!

Nobody was talking about tutorials not being interesting enough. Everyone was talking about how the tutorials last most of the game, holding your hand the entire way through.

No, that's wrong. I don't care what you want to pretend you think, Sonic is a niche market at this point. It's made only for Sonic fans, and most of the time, only Sonic fans buy it. The same thing happened with Megaman, the only difference is that Sonic's fanbase is large enough that it will last longer before the series goes under. If Sonic fans don't like a new Sonic game, nobody will.
Excuse me? If they made a game only for Sonic fans, they would've kept pandering to nostalgia and made a sequel to Generations. The whole problem is that they're not making the game for one specific, consistent group of people, and instead are going all over the place trying to please everyone.

Also, if "only Sonic fans buy [them]", Sonic 06 wouldn't have been an Xbox 360 Platinum Hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back