• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SA2B mod -- Beta 1 --

Status
Not open for further replies.

STHE123O

Little Monster
SRB2A2B

General information
This is my best mod in my opinion. For that who dont know, this mod try to recreate "Sonic Adventure 2/Battle" levels, but levels are not complete and there are 2 levels that are missing: Aquatic mine (I really cant work a lot with water) and Crazy Gadget (It will be Aweosme with the new gravity change, but i dont know how to make that)
Shawnthesponge is working on AM and Eblo is working on CG.
Textures are ripped from the original game.
I will not remade the levels in my own style.

Wads
It only have 1 Wad that contains all the levels, sprites, music and configuration (SA2B.wad)

Levels

All hero levels (except AM and CG) are in the mod. You can win the mod with any character. Levels dont have forcecharacter or homming attack parts.

Unlockables
The game have new emblems locations. In total, there are 41 emblems.
Level select - Beat 1P
Chao Garden - collect 15 emblems
Green Hill - collect 35 emblems
Kingdom Valley - collect ALL emblems
2D City Escape - Beat 1P with emeralds
Extra level - Beat game in 8 minutes

Screenshots

New HUD:

Longer levels:

Final Rush totally revamped:

With unlockable levels:

Videos
Video for OLD SRB2 version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p_iCsqi4...annel_page
Video for NEW SRB2 version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GykUxxW3Lp8

Releases
BETA 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AXOQLLKJ
BETA 2: Comming soon!

Last edited:
Wow, that looks really elaborate. I can't wait to try it. But man, is it taking a long time to download. 76.5 megs...but judging by those pictures, it's worth the wait.

Wow, that looks really elaborate. I can't wait to try it. But man, is it taking a long time to download. 76.5 megs...but judging by those pictures, it's worth the wait.

that s mainly because of the MP3 musics, I need a good convertor to OGG

I saw one Hall of Mirrors in Metal Harbor, but other than that, this is an EPIC mod. It's probably the best mod I've ever seen based on another Sonic game.

By the way, how did you get the emerald radar to work properly? I can only detect the first 2. the 3rd doesn't show up at all.

Last edited:
That's a common bug with emerald hunt levels that I've experienced. I've also beaten some Knuckles levels by getting only 1 emerald :/

This is a GREAT mod, though.

Cool! I still have the old one in my 1.09.4 folder and I cant wait to try this out. Just a question, will you also do the dark levels? And how about the two missing Hero levels?

I m not planning on doing Dark levels... and about the other 2 Heroes levels... shawnthesponge is doing Aquatic Mine, but no news about Crazy Gadget (I dont know how to get working the gravity thing)

It's a pretty cool mod, some level design flaws in the forest level (springs at some parts are easy to miss, leading to cheap deaths.) Plus with the chains system in 2.0 you COULD re-create the vine swinging segments. I saw a few "hall of mirrors" (to steal fawful's term) in not only metal harbor but any wide open level including the forest. It's fun to play though, good maps for multiplayer races imo

emmm thanks and yeah i think i must improve some levels

Now, I have changed all musics to OGG (It will be released for the next beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back