• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sand Oasis (with a screenie) =O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Mystic

I decided to make my first level (to see how well I would actually be able to create levels) Sand Oasis. I got the beginning but I already need some help.
:(

SCREENIE COMPARISONS:

LEVEL I AM WORKING ON

REAL LEVEL

Now for my questions:
1.) Could anyone make a wall texture that looks remotely somewhat to what the real level blue-ish wall looks like? I would, but I don't exactly know how to make textures...
2.) Ok, in the real game screenshot, you see the circled portion. I need to know how to get it to where you can walk outside from the inside in that way. I know how to make lighting and such too...

Dark Mystic said:

LEVEL I AM WORKING ON

To tell you the truth, that level looks bad how it is... I, or even other people, could probably do a better job.

Nice try for a first map though, I guess... :|

How can you even judge anything from this screenshot when it's nothing but a small, straight hallway with 9 pillars?

Yes...and I am still working on the area...well...currently at this moment I am working on the stairs that go left at the end of the hallway...

EDIT: here is more updated screenies =

...yes... :roll:

though, this is my first level and I just thought I would try to make it a level from another game (as my first level, though...just to see how well the entire thing will turn out).

Here are some tips.

1. Those pillars shouldn't have flames on them. They *should* go onto the ceiling.
2. Floor Over Floors can be used to make the hanging lamps.
3. Pay attention to details. Map grid sizes can be changed, making that small red stripe a possibility.
4. Those stairs should be a little closer together. Possibly 16 or 24 length to 16 height?

Pay attention to these things and you'll make this a better map in no time.

I REALLY don't think it's a good idea to port levels from Secret Rings. (Hell, it's a bad idea to port ANY levels from other games, but Secret Rings is among the worse)

You could have a SOC to make it better when porting from Secret Rings. I've heard that ports are bad because of certain things in the game it's ported from that make the gameplay different, like not jumping, or moving forward all the time. So, if there's a SOC to make those features happen, then the port is somewhat better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back