Official Level Design Contest: May/June

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCFreak said:
glaber said:
<excuse>It's designed to be an early in the game stage. Like level 1 of my upcoming major mod Dimension Glaber.</excuse>

Regardless of that it has to be better then that entry Dooms Day was.

Well, we can't tell that it will be because we can't play it yet. ;) Good luck on making it though.

Edit on 5/21/07: Are we allowed to include custom Special Stages with our single player stage entries? I don't want to put one in only to find out later it's not allowed.

Edit on 5/29/07: anyone even reading this post that could answer my question?

Edit on 5/31/07: Well my stage is 99% ready so here are some more preview pictures.
srb20192-1.png
The begining
srb20188-1.png
The area shown earler
srb20187-1.png
Where have I seen this before?
srb20195-1.png
overkill?
srb20194-1.png
underkill?
srb20190-1.png
Kill this rabbit!
srb20198-1.png
What are skims doing here?(Hard mode only)

The only info I need before I submit this is info regarding special stages since the first post never covered it. The only reason I'm asking is because I want to include one with my entry but want to make sure it's alright to do so first.

Just sent my entry in. Here's a sneak peek.

I took that shot before I fixed the misaligned flats, so keep that in mnd.

It looks magnificent, I'll. I guess I shall enter this contest then, considering it would be my first one...

Looks interesting.

(question deleted, level submitted without special stages)

Just as a reminder as to my other entries:

Medivo (Sent in last contest but accidentally skipped in the inbox)
srb20200-1.png

And Battle Woods Act 3. Don't worry about this act, it's SP/coop so you're not racing in it any more.
srb20204.png

And yes that's Jazz. No he's not going to be released. His sprites came from a sprite sheet and I know you don't like sprite sheet char wads.

Of course, brilliant timing for my "lol lets not do any kind of work whatsoever on my srb2 levels" streak to occur. I've been missing out on my submissions lately, and now we actually have a bunch of SP maps entering. This sucks.

Of course, with my carpy skills at SP design, I wouldn't get far in this contest, apparently.

Damn. I really need to be motivated to put one of my crazy SP level ideas into action within the next few weeks....

Oh wait, I'll be down in alabama with no SRB2 during this contest D:

I've been way too busy to spend the rest of the month making a level. Even for a last-week entry. Since Vector isn't a recolor, I have to actually draw out the legs and arms when he walks. If I try to make a level now, it probably won't even be as rewarding. I don't have any idea on what to make anyway.

BW3 is currently nearing completion. I just need to add in a few things and another reference to a character I'm going to eventually start up a Snail Mail Campaign for.

You people and your hyper complicated levels. I think I'm going to make something simple for the SP division, just for kicks.

...hyper complicated? Like, what, are you assuming that I put some work into my level or something?

Good luck Sky Ninja.

Wow, so many SP levels. Well, I know what I'm gonna do next time, considering I can get textures for it.

Thanks I'll Begin. This is only my second wad, and as soon as i get an imageshack account I'll post screens.
Edit:And good luck to everyone in the contest.
Edit2: can someone help with my image problems
Edit3:
Nevermind
A hidden armaggedon shield
The end of the level, but there is more like a barage of red crawlas, and 2 jetysen's on normal, a hidden rind and life moniter, a
pop up turret desingned to be hidden on hard mode, and much more.

I'm starting to wonder if this contest will be the contest of the most SP entries?

Also, Mystic, did you get my Daimondus entry from my gmail account? (suroguner)

Awesome, my complaining of people mostly making MP levels worked! Can't wait to see the SP entries. :3

EDIT: I would love to make an SP map myself, but I'm such a slacker that I wouldn't finish in time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back