Suggestions

Definitely an FOF type for rendering sky.

Linedef type: FOF block -> Intangible -> Sky Block

This could be handy for covering up textures on non-sky-rendering-ceilings in a sky-open room or for covering up things that rise from the sky below. There are probably other applications including hidden objects and maybe even a cool piece of eye candy with a sky-hologram or something.

Improved continue screen system

Yes, I thought the current one was too empty and that other characters could have their own Continue frames instead of looking at Sonic

continueh.png

Here's how it would work

continueexplanation.png

The resized idle animations works just like in-game, and the number of tiny characters represents how many continues you have left. The character waiting (yes, I sprited Sonic waiting because I didn't like how he looked like originally) uses 2 frames and they move a little fast, the character uses 1 frame for getting up (when pressing a button to continue).

Reminder of an old suggestion of mine

Each character can have his/her own "Act complete!" tune

Some people get around that by placing a dummy sector at the very bottom-left corner of the level, seeing as that only happens with the bottom and left edges of the collision mask.

Don't reset life counter to 3 if cheats is off, in coop.

Why would I go for rings and 1-ups if the game ruins my efforts?

If I get game-over, my life counter is set to 3 in next act.

Last edited:
I just got another idea

A S_SKIN attribute that let's the character have his own transformation sound effect. Something like dssuper

I can't remember if this already was suggested

If it was, then I'll make this a reminder

transanims = x

Turns on/off super form transformation animation, even if superanims is set to 0

Allow players to manually register save files during gameplay. The lack of this goes against certain features in mods, such as Mystic Realm's Lock-On and Second Quest.
-
Limit certain badniks' seestate distance (specifically crawlas, crawla commanders, and buzzers) to better confine them to specific areas in open terrain. This would make it easier for map designers to plant bots in strategic placements without them wandering off with the other forty crawlas on the map.
-
Add additional sound effects for badnik attacks, token collection, Tails' grabbing someone, etc. Primarily for when there isn't sufficient visual indication, especially when the thing or player in question is out of your line of sight.
-
Allow players to snap onto Tails more easily, to encourage and speed up its cooperative use in ctf.
-
Slow down Tails' firing rate, but add a small blast radius (about the size of the Jettysyn's bombs) to each of his rings; this would better distinguish Tails as a different playstyle in Match and CTF, and encourage the use of flight to gain better vantage points for his shots.

footsteps

Those should be toggle-able. And have people able to add custom sounds, so people with lighter shoes could make lighter steps, or people with squishy shoes make squishy steps.

EDIT: Also, in a further update, MD2s should change size along with the player's size. I know that it would be a little hard, with custom sizes for different MD2s, but I'm sure it could be done.

Last edited:
New type of death pit- Sky Pit
Kind of self explanitory. Mainly used instead of having to place a death pit FOF on your ceiling if you have reverse gravity in your level. Another thing would be that if you run into the ceiling when in normal gravity, it acts as a normal ceiling, but in reverse gravity, acts as a death pit.

Twister/whirl effect

Works like Push/Pull effect, carries the player/object around a vertical axis (alà SK3 Hydrocity Zone 1's boss). This can be used in water and intangible FOFs and in-game sectors.

Whirl.png

Orbital effect

The player is carried/attracted around a point. Jazz Attack level pack had the Asteroid Belt Zone, where the player orbits around the solid FOFs, but due to the use of invisible FOFs to create the effect, the map happened to lag a bit.

srb20235.png

<MrMystery> http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=35471
<MrMystery> Scizor, you did eventually host damn near at the end of the deadline after I nagged you :p
<Katmint> the only OLDC hosts I saw were Scizor like 3 or 4 times and Inu once
<Katmint> and some servers in the OLDC that were random non-OLDC junk
<Katmint> OLDC room*
<D00D64> lolOLDCroom
<MrMystery> which we know better than to use
<D00D64> That thing just says "HEY IM GOING TO PUT MY SERVER IN A PLACE YOU WONT CARE ABOUT OKBYE
<MrMystery> ^
<D00D64> Why can't we have an O icon like the M/odified and C/heat ones?
<D00D64> This way, we can have our OLDC searches, yet still avaible for any random players to join in

10castmembers

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back