What's with all the returning video games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kareem

I know that im a little late at doing a few returning games, but Super Mario 3D Land has Mario returning for a all new adventure. Rayman Origins also has Rayman returning for a all new 2D adventure 4 player mode where you can have up to 4 people playing with you. The players are Rayman(of couse(he is the star),Globox(Rayman's crazy blue friend that somehow he can or he has children...wierd because from Rayman DS I herd a tiny little Globox say 'can you find our daddy?' Then theey cried.),Tenesies(I'm sorry if I spelled it wrong anyway there are two of them. I don't know why they are not captured like they always are in the previouse Rayman games).
The next game is OO7(how it is pronounce if some people who this it is zero zero seven:It's pronounced Double O 7)(I don't know any thing about 007 but its a first person shooter).
I'm sorry but those are the only returning games I know but I'll be up to date. I hope the next returning games are Crash Bandicoot and some other Monster Hunter game.

Last edited:
Goldeneye 007 returned on the Wii ages ago, its just being ported to HD systems. Monster Hunter 4 was confirmed to be in development. I wouldn't count many of these really being "returning" in the same vain as New Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Country Returns, or Kirby's Return to Dreamland. Rayman Origins is the only real returning thing on this list.

I hope the next returning games are Crash Bandicoot and some other Monster Hunter game.

Isn't Crash still ongoing? The last game was released in 2008. So I think it's still alive. It just sucks now.

And I have to say I'm quite pleased with the re-booting of older games. Seems most companies are starting to use nostalgia for advertisement, and I have to say, it's working on me. There was even that rumor on TSSZ about rebooting an old SEGA title.

I can only hope we get a Parappa 3 now.

Last edited:
I think Chao Freak has the right idea. The kids who grew up playing these games are now nostalgic young adults who have cash to spend. Game companies know this.

I also think it helps that videogames are now sufficiently "mainstream" enough that they are no longer thought as exclusively the domain of young kids or nerdy men. That legitimizes the concept that certain games and game series have a legacy that deserves to be maintained in the collective public's consciousness, just like music and art pieces that are tens or hundreds of years old.

I gotta say, the PS3 Tetris turned out to be much better than I expected, 12 Game Variants, 15 Levels, 6 Catchy Stage themes, 1080 display and several multiplayer modes, all for just 10$ (Or 150 Bs.F).

I think the mere fact of porting (or remaking) an old game to be displayable in High Definition is more than enough to make quite some bucks with very little job.

It's just what is trending now I guess. And I like it. It's nice to see older franchises returning in new ways, perhaps even better than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back