The STH:TSC revitalization project. *Grand News!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidbit

An artist of sorts
Hey people! Tidbit here!
About 3 or 4 days ago, i released this topic. And i also spoke of grave news. Well for me at least. BUT! after getting tired of rebuilding, I revisited my old project-X. And for the first time in a long while, I saw the problems in my coding. And I am here to announce that I have....

• Completed spindash ( all but for a small sprite bug)
  • Fixed a landing bug
  • Fixed a standing moonwalk bug
I did all of this in two days. But im here to say that Project-X has been brought back ( Again :P ). But this doesn't mean that I still dont need every ones help. All that still stands. I just wanted to say that I have managed to fix Project-x.

== OLD NEWS ==

Hey people Tidbit here.
A long time ago, I released an extremely early version of my Fan game code named Project-X. And I got a great response from it. I’ve made alot of progress on it, but stupid glitches and a shortening fuse. I left it. But I am here to announce that I’m Restarting Project X. And renaming it Project: Total Chaos. The game will be the same but I’m starting it anew. I am sad and happy about this, because my code was getting in my way, but I put alot into Project-X.

==So what?==
Well the reason I’m telling you all, is because I’m not going to do it myself this time. I want people that are dedicated and want to make something awesome.

==You mean a team right?==
Not fully. Yes I want a team but I want every one to be able to contribute.

== Okay so what will you need?==
Any thing that is good.
• Ideas
• Sprites
• Sounds
And most importantly, people that know what makes a good Sonic Game.
So please, any one who can help. PLEASE DO!!!
If what I had was good last time, imagine with what a multitude of Sonic fans can Create! If SSN did it, So can we!

Tidbit

54331020.png

Last edited:
The screenshot you provided is very promising, and looks really cool.
What I can suggest:
Copypaste the S3&K physics
Elemental shields
Super forms for Sonic and Knuckles (Not for Tails, since he isn't special like the other two)

By the way, the Sonic fanbase is WAY too broken, so you should be harsh when deciding what to include in your project.

Probably this will never be done, but I support it =P

Yeah, I've already decided to take out alot from the earlier version (which is what the screenshot is)

And i've tried to copy S3&K's physics as much as possible. Since this is GML, good physics can be a pain to make. I just started to rebuild now; so most ideas can be added in.

Ice, if his eyes are too green, I won't comment your avatar D:

(maybe Tidbit needs to remove just 1 or 2 green pixels; the looking is good overall :D)

Last edited:
Well I give thanks to every one who has responed already. but the screenshot isn't the new project. Its the old Project-X which im scraping. And i like his eyes the way they are :P.

Last edited:
He looks strange with such bright green eyes. Like he's hyped up on speed or something.

Plus: Ice, don't take what I said so seriously; I was just kidding. I should've said it.

but the screenshot isn't the new project. Its the old Project-X which im scraping. And i like his eyes the way they are :P.

Oops! O.o'

hey Ice, if you want Sonics eyes to be darker make your own Sonic sprites. I made them, so I know how they should look, I'm really tired of you talking about them. But any ways, Im working on the games main enemy right now and will post them on Sunday; Hopefully they'll be animated by then.

You can't just decide to ignore criticism just because you like something the way it is. It's very hard for a creator to not have a biased opinion.
I think it's too bright, as well.

It looks promsing, but with the green eyes issue, I'm with the others on this one. His eyes arn't that bright. Make the eye colours a bit more darker.

i did try it darker but it didn't really look right *shruggs*
Now then, Does any one know GML?

Last edited:
Nice, Sonic only is awesome! Maybe try to bring it back to before tails was included, when Sonic flew the tornado and did the stuff on his own.

yeah, im not going to include the Whole Tornado thing though, Since that was just used in Sonic Unleshed and they kinda killed it. But im going to be adding other thing in its place.

What does a bad example of something in Unleashed have to do with your game? A flaw in there can be worked around in here.

I was only saying that it was just used. i want to create some thing that hasn't been used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back