• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SA2B mod -- Beta 1 --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, played it, and, yep, it's still the same, no improvement, no challenge, same short, boring, cramped levels from before. I'd tell you how to improve this but you seem intent on keeping it the way it is, so I'll go ahead and just pass by this horrible mess of a mod.

-Go into level
-Exit level
-Reenter level/Restart Game
-???
-PROFIT

In my book, it should work the first time. Having to restart simply because the creator is too stubborn to even try and make it work in 2.0 tells me that not only does he not really even give a **** for the mod (other than forking out a terrible port) but it also makes the enjoyability of the level drop depressingly fast.

Also, overused joke, blech

That's not why you have to reset. Emerald hunting not working properly is the dev's fault this time. We should have suspected this problem when it poped up in the 1.1 beta.

(I am Not a DEV member, no one else PM me about that.)

Last edited:
Chisuun, i cant fix the emerald hunt thing, i really dont know how, it s a problem of the new SRB2

And is ok if you dont like the mod, but i will never remake all the levels in my own style, that´s all.

Meh, it looks all the same like the old version, except for the unlockables. Also, there is a nasty bug in Pyramid Cave, when you take the first springs there is a chance it can cause a sigsegv. (EIP=004a7737)

no news about Crazy Gadget (I dont know how to get working the gravity thing)
I could make some (or all) of crazy gadget for you if you want. Depends if I like what comes out. I understand flipped gravity and thought up a crazy little scheme to simulate sideways gravity.

Last edited:
You know, it's a losing battle to try to recreate another game in SRB2, especially one that is so familiar around these parts. You'll always be competing with the game itself, and you can never truly match it.

i m not competing with the real game, the idea is have some SA2 levels to play in srb2

EDIT: small update:

Last edited:
i m not competing with the real game, the idea is have some SA2 levels to play in srb2

If you're trying to create an SA2 experience for PC, all we have to do is download a DC emulator, set it up and torrent/use a legal copy of SA2.

Of course, if your computer sucks, then I guess that probably isn't the best solution.

Chisuun, i have the SA2 emulated, i only do a mod of the game, is that too bad?

and Eggmanfan, in what do you want to help?

I think aquatic mine will be done by Thursday night but I start school this wek so it will behard. I am planning on making the dark levels. I will post them here as it is part of sa2b. I don't know how the music works so I'll need help. STHE123O Are you SonicOmega ??? If so...

yeah i m SonicOmega, i wanted to change my name but admins didnt reply

Ok, try to finish Aquatic mine, i will add the music, but dont put a download! it will be in the next demo! and i need to add the real textures too

about the dark levels... try to makle them if u want : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back