[Open Assets] Saturn's Drop Dash

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturn Ross

The Local Bird-Brain
After seeing the trailer for Sonic Mania, I noticed the neat new Drop Dash mechanic, and decided I'd recreate it for SRB2.

It is activated with Spin and can be aimed just like the Thok can, and you can also continue aiming the dash as you drop. Once you land, you will do a SpinDash-type maneuver which moves at just above your running speed.

There are two versions of the move:
SaturnsDropDash.lua, which, unlike the Drop Dash seen in the trailer, this version literally drops Sonic before he hits the ground, and SaturnsDropDashTrailerVer.lua, which as the title suggests, works just like the one in the Trailer.

I may also nerf the speed of the dash if requested.

Known Bugs:
- Holding down Spin as you drop at a rope will cause you to pass through, however if you aren't holding Spin you'll grab it just fine.

- If you land on a spring after using TrailerVer.lua, you'll enter spinning frames, but you won't actually be spinning so you'll get hurt if you land on a Crawla.

Thanks to Duon the Adventurer for some assistance with the script, and to MotdSpork for the Sonic Lost World Bounce script, which I borrowed from.

Attachments

• srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 3,024
  • srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,226
  • srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,357
  • SaturnsDropDash.lua
    4.1 KB · Views: 862
  • SaturnsDropDashTrailerVer.lua
    3.8 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:
Yeah, as well as having something accurate to the trailer (This was made before much of the information on the game came out, mind you.), I wanted an alternate version that could be be used effectively in Match gamemodes.

Actually, from what has been shown in the Sonic Mania trailer, the DD should output a FULL spindash which neither of the Srb2 drop dash versions have accurately portrayed.

Yeah it should definetly blast you at the full srb2 2.1 spindash speed for jumping and pressing a button. yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back