XWE broke, and adding socs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybones

Lawful Neutral
XWE has broken. The window only shows the light blue screen and the lump I was last one. I don't know how to describe it, so...
brokenxwe.jpg

Also, how do I add socs to a character wad? I tried to get the soc out of the maincfg of another character wad with the soc'd ability, then I made a MAINCFG on my own character wad, then pasted all the things from the other character's MAINCFG, but nothing happens.

I think that you have to own the Soc before you can just Copy/Paste that information...I honestly don't know if I'm right or not, because I can't Soc.

The S_SKIN has o be similar as well for the socs, but I'll get to it later.
The blue problem is the viewing menu. That's really it.

Ice said:
I think F11 has something to do with the viewing menu, but I'm not sure.

That fixed half of it. Now the lumps aren't viewable, but Edit, File, etc, is viewable now.

EDIT: Nevermind, I can see the lump entries now. So XWE is all fixed, thanks!

Now, how can I add socs?

Torgo said:
You add SOCs to the MAINCFG lump of the WAD.

I did, but nothing happens.

Also, can someone tell me why everytime I make ONE change to my character wad, he starts breaking down and sigsev'ing on springs?

you're going to need XWE Beta to fix that.
When you get that going, click options, then click on special, then tick the box next to 'don't auto-capitalize letters'.
Then go to the last few lumps and make all the 'A's and'B's non-capital.

Suprisingly mine has broken as well. Except in a different way. All the sprites turn completely black like a shadow and it is impossible to make any changes.

joshinator said:
Suprisingly mine has broken as well. Except in a different way. All the sprites turn completely black like a shadow and it is impossible to make any changes.

I think if it does that, then you need to find the IWAD for SRB2. Go to the SRB2 folder when you are finding the IWAD for SRB2, then type in srb2.srb. I think that does the trick.

darkness claw said:
When you get that going, click options, then click on special, then tick the box next to 'don't auto-capitalize letters'.

Ok, I got the XWE beta. Could you be a little more specific about the last lumps part?

Jellybones69 said:
darkness claw said:

Ok, I got the XWE beta. Could you be a little more specific about the last lumps part?

He means the lumps from PLAYa1 to PLAYb5, which are the second set of sprites for the spring down animation, and the Tails Pickup sprites.

Ok, it worked. Thank you.

Now, adding socs to my character. I got permission from the creator of the soc to use it in my character wad, so I copied it from their character wad's MAINCFG and pasted it into my character's MAINCFG, but nothing happens.

Your S_SKIN should contain:
spinitem = 333

Plus you must add the sprites:
F110A0
F110B0

In order to make it work. ^^'
The sprites are used for the custom spinitem.

Morph said:
Your S_SKIN should contain:
spinitem = 333

Plus you must add the sprites:
F110A0
F110B0

In order to make it work. ^^'
The sprites are used for the custom spinitem.

Thank you, it works perfectly now.

Just out of curiosity, what does this ability do? I am also trying to make an ability, but I am not sure how to put the thing information from the soc into my character and also I need help in general to set the ability to do what I want, if anyone has the patience to help me then please pm me for more exact details on what I'm trying to do.

Jellybones69 said:
joshinator said:

I think if it does that, then you need to find the IWAD for SRB2. Go to the SRB2 folder when you are finding the IWAD for SRB2, then type in srb2.srb. I think that does the trick.

darkness claw said:

That confused me horribly... Oh well I just got a new computer today so maybe if I redownload it will do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back