I was wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitfox

of all the .wad character files, how come most of them are utter crap? They ARE crap for multiple reasons, including the following:
*They're crammed with every "god power", or amazingly great power/ability, that the editor can jam into them
*They're nothing but horrible re-colors
*They're original art, but very horribly made/drawn original art

Also, I see very few female characters...

I'm not putting down anybody who edits characters, I'm just asking... if it's something that can be considered bad because of those things listed above, why make a topic about it at all?

Then again, maybe I just clicked all the wrong topics.

I'm not flaming, not trying to start a flame, and I don't want to be flamed, so let's just discuss.

1.)This topic doesn't belong here(I think it belongs in srb2 discussion).
2.)I think a Admin might lock this.

Well, I think its because someone gets this GLORIUOS idea to make a character wad, and then they start and get dismayed and realize this is no walk in the park. But, they don't want to look like a fool and not put out this character they talked about. Also, I think some people think that if they do a girl char, then people might think there wierd or somethin. (YAY FOR SENKU!!! HE MADE A GIRL CHARACTER!))) *shot*

right... wrong section again. I'll get used to it.

But seriously, somebody needs to make some freaking female characters here. It's boring just having a bunch of pumped up males -.-

Also, I would love to make a character myself, but honestly, I don't have the time and patience to learn, especially if very few people will even use it.

I can teach you the basics of wading(If that'd help any), but there are some female characters, cream, amy, wait nevermind theres not many female character wads(Probably becuase noone wants to make any I suppose).

It's a simple concept really.

The SRB2 Community is divided in many ways.
One of these ways, is by intelligence (Idiots and non-idiots of course)
Another way, is by spriting abilities (Good at spriting, bad at spriting, ect)

These two "lines" through the community, are not parallel, not intersecting either, but... something, I dunno. They're just there.

Anyways, this means that there are intelligent people who can sprite, intelligent people who can't, idiots who can, and idiots who can't.

The intelligent people who can't, know they can't, and don't try.
The idiots who can't, don't know they can't, and try anyway. This results in crap.
The idiots who can, are idiots, and come up with horrid ideas. This results in more crap. But well-drawn crap.
The intelligent people who can, are responsible for the few decent WADs.

This means that 50% of the forums are responsible for crappy WADs, and 25% are responsible for decent WADs. Except like I said, the lines aren't that precise.

Mainly, the last group is a rare occurence, for whatever reason.

But yeah, that's my theory.

I don't really know, but shouldn't there be a spire request board, so that the people with no creative mind that sprite well can get an idea from people WITH creative minds...?

No, it's not a dead ringer to get locked, because people are using it for discussion. As long as people post in it, there is no right to lock it... unless it violates the TOS or something. The worst they can do without being unfair is moving it.

I like how there's a newcomer that understands why all of us oldbies complain all the time. XP

You forgot animate. Some people can draw, but not draw or animate at all angles.

I agrees!

I really hate it when the flying is overpowered, because it's SOO overpowered you can't see where your going and thus can't go anywhere much

there are not really alot of grils that play srb2 and most of the female characters dont play important roles in the sonic series so they dont get made in to wads plus what was metioned earlier *points up*

I think its just because of that reason neo pointed out, girls didn't really play a important role in sonic, most of the characters in the sonic the hedgehog series consisted of mostly boys.

The vast majority of WADs are one of the following:

UnWADded Sonic characters
Improvement on previously WADded Sonic characters
ANOTHER freakin' Shadow WAD
The main protagonist of a non-Sonic series
Fancharacters

Each category just happens to have very few females.

Draykon said:
The intelligent people who can't, know they can't, and don't try.
The idiots who can't, don't know they can't, and try anyway. This results in crap.
The idiots who can, are idiots, and come up with horrid ideas. This results in more crap. But well-drawn crap.
The intelligent people who can, are responsible for the few decent WADs.

Number 1, here.

louis.jpg

Also, to be honest, no one makes female wads since no one is interested in female characters much at all. We all just want our own goddamn Sonic or Shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back