Inside the SASRB2 SOC: Exposed! Update: 4/17/04, Lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
glowy.jpg

:E

What's the point of showing screenshots of the shields? They've always had lights like that...

Indeed. BlazeHedgehog, are you gonna actually make SASRB2 feature sonic from SADV1? If you are, I will help you, I'm making a skin right now! Or... you can use my S-Xtreme skin...
How do you edit Sonic's menu text?

I would, but only if I had the exact Sonic Adventure model =P I already have my own Sonic X-Treme sprite I conned Kiddo into making.

As for editing his menu text, it says right there in the first post...

Yeah, but I just don't understand the actual editing, I've tried 23 (literally) different things and none of them worked.

i made all my enemies into something lethal in eggmanway4.....i mean chaos 2 isnt as easy as it sounds.......and eggman with a flamethrower...ouch...mad foaming goombas of doom are included

Question. You know much about bitsets? I know DeHacked can mess around with them, and it affects how enemies can perform, but...

See, I was looking over some random thing hotdog came up with, which made the Crawlas charge at you like Lost Souls. I wanted to make them FLY like Lost Souls, too; just charging is kinda dull. Buuut... DEH's bitset is kinda unreadable (unless a big number is your idea of "readable"; I know it's referring to binary values, but I don't remember what everything corresponded to...). You know what the standard bitsets are for the Things in SRB2?

Dude. Legacy is intended to play DOOM really well. They're NOT going to remove things from it, so please stop reminding me it's DOOM Legacy; it doesn't change anything.

Now, that it's SRB2, which has heavily modified the code, would be another thing entirely...

I'm pretty sure Bitset editing works. I know at one point AJ ripped out everything pertaining to Dehacked and then eventually put it back in for Soc editing.

JTE knows more about Soc Editing than I do at this point, so he might be a better person to ask, if he's around. Personally, one thing I've always wanted to do was edit the Blue Crawla to look like the Rhinobots from SA1 - and use the Lost Soul/Deton charge attack so they'd try and plow through you just like in SA.

Unfortunately, I'm usually too lazy/pre-occupied to make the sprites, let alone try and figure out how to do it with a SOC. I'm not even sure SASRB2 will be finished to the full capacity I had planned at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back