Senku.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senku Niola

Drifting Golden Swordsman
UPDATE (8/18/11):
Final 2.0 update, compatibility with Nitemare update, temporarily changed spinitem to a ghostitem.
UPDATE (8/11/11):
Unknown consistency in wads

UPDATE (9/6/10):
FFFF Soc collision with Nitemare

UPDATE (9/4/10):
Cleared out a chuck of the Diamond Cracker bugs and added SOC reference comments.

UPDATE (8/6/10):
Added a new ability called "Diamond Cracker"

UPDATE (5/4/10):
Clean Up to lumps.

UPDATE (01/28/10):
Another consistency update. Not sure how my wads keep getting modified.

UPDATE (12/27/09):
Consistency update. I must have updated my wads and not noticed. (SSN Set)

UPDATE (11/28/09):
Sprite offsets fixed for walking and running, and removed neglected misplaced colored pixels left over from v1.0.

UPDATE (10/25/09):
Fix up to avoid SOC clashing with Nitemare.wad

UPDATE (10/1/09):
Minor update, fixed odd offsets for Raging Senku's tipping frames.

UPDATE (9/15/09):
Senku 6.0 has been released, this one is complete with walljump, hopefully better acceleration, and spindash is a melee or small spindash boost.

UPDATE (8/19/09):
Not an actual update of the link or anything just a recap on what is planned ahead. Senku 6.0 alpha, the one below will be upgraded with walljump, maybe a slight tweak to stats, a super icon, and MAYBE a brand new end sign when 2.1 comes out. (For all those waiting for Senya and Nitemare you will have to wait till 2.1+ if I can't work with what I have now, aka SOCs)

UPDATE (8/1/09):
Here is the good ol' Senku wad, converted from 1.09.4, to now be 6.0 in SRB2 2.0. He has new stats and currently a mini thok ability for temporary since walljump is gone. I'm waiting for more interesting and fitting abilities to be added to 2.0 since I can't use SOCs. Also I may update his sign and maybe the life monitor if custom popped life monitor support is added.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bugs:

1. Fixed - Reverse Gravity breaks walljump ; [ Senku ] (Fixed in 2.0.5)
  2. Fixed - Reverse Gravity Animation Offsets ; [Senku] (Fixed in 2.0.5?/MFE)
  3. Diamond Cracker on edges of sectors (This was fixed but I lost the version of the SOC)

2.0 Version

• Senku 6.0
    SNKU20.gif

Go have fun!

Report any bugs you find with the wad, thank you.

2.0 Screenshot:
srb20002-2.png

Attachments

• senku.zip
    85.5 KB · Views: 4,821
Last edited:
Is it just me, or has the already-low flexibility in Character WAD designing decreased even further in SRB2 2.0?

That said, great WAD. Nice to play as Senku again.

I've always loved playing as Senku. As a suggestion, shouldn't his character select picture be changed to to RedXVI's change of heart?

I'm actually gonna replace them all all over again in a later release, also this wad is more updated than senku20beta.wad

Senku Niola said:
...also this wad is more updated than senku20beta.wad.
In that case... *Downloads*

But without ringslinger, how will Nightmare blow fire?

Nitemare 2.0 version completely lost fire abilities. So I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with him. Anyways, please report any bugs with this character.

I shall post a record of each bug found and if they have been fixed or not.

Senku Niola said:
Nitemare 2.0 version completely lost fire abilities. So I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with him. Anyways, please report any bugs with this character.

I shall post a record of each bug found and if they have been fixed or not.
Cant you make it like a fire jet?

His acceleration is too low, in my opinion, and after messing with the CHARABILTY console command, I think double-jump would work better. As with all of your work, however, the sprite work is great.

Senku is fair character whe someone is playing 2D mode cause senku can't really skip areas.

I was thinking of giving Senku homing attack rather than thok since Senku is made more for attack rather than speed.

Just senku for now? Oh well, that's life. I noticed you didn't use that walljump ability. I'm not complaining, I never found a completely practical use for it.

I can't use walljump, SOCing is gone for thok and spinability, ringsling is COMPLETELY gone, not even slingitem is left.

Senku Niola said:
I can't use walljump, SOCing is gone for thok and spinability, ringsling is COMPLETELY gone, not even slingitem is left.

That sucks, now your characters are all useless. :p

The only thing I can really say I nhate the dev team for is the final boss (totally my fault from lack of skill) and the flags that have been removed from character creation with little to no room on the reasoning behind that decision. The rest of the game is so awesome that I've cared too little to post a topic about it :O

We're to the point where the only releasable Characters are "guaranteed recolors".

As Senku said:
Senku Niola said:
Because of this, The released Senku character is now a Slower Sonic Recolor. where as in 1.09.4, the character wad was a more original character for being able to Wall jump, something he can not do in 2.0.

Aside from this though, I'm good. (The emerald issue was taken care of.)

Senku Niola said:
For this reason. Any and ALL character wads in 2.0 or higher are going to FUCKING SUCK ASS. The only thing characters have left is the art, and I'm not a graphics whore. Congratulations STJr, you have royally fucked up a feature that made SRB2 great.

Chaos Knux said:
Senku Niola said:
For this reason. Any and ALL character wads in 2.0 or higher are going to **** SUCK ASS. The only thing characters have left is the art, and I'm not a graphics whore. Congratulations STJr, you have royally **** up a feature that made SRB2 great.

Erm, they didn't take out SOCs. They're still there, the states or whatever they are called are just renamed, and Senku said he can't soc so he can't fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back