Suggestions

[Heyyy I broke the analog discussion chain! :D]
Something completelly out of analog topic:

I could be really happy if this was added (1 week after this post: DENIED :D):
#define MD2_MAX_TRIANGLES 16384
#define MD2_MAX_VERTICES 8192
#define MD2_MAX_TEXCOORDS 8192

This is the same calculation with the original limit, that later was doubled on 2.1.7, I just added a double more (If this was atleast understood, hehe... a double more... yeah... everyone got it). I would like to put this as just one more feature request for the next patch. After all, 2.2 is supposed to bring such new things, and I think it's time to let any type of models be compatible with Srb2.
I even did a list of what I saw new coming to 2.2:
-New sprites for Sonic by MotorRoach
-New Tails sprites by Iceman404
-Compatibility with any models not far from PS3 quality (Generations*)
-Next patch for Srb2
-???
-Profit * Derp

Hope this gets added (If someone else supports this request, sure).

Last edited:
I suggest a joypad capability of using analog sticks to use the left and right camera keys. This is so I don't have to rely on buttons to turn my camera.

Change Gametype Lua Function

I had this idea while working on a wad file. It is to add a lua function that changes the game type while in game. Imagine what you could do with this lua function.

When you guys start working on the netcode, I think you should make the netcode based off of unreal so that it is stable. Quake netcode and doom based games don't mix so well from what I saw on the Internet, but you can try Quake netcode if you want to.

Last edited:
I think we should add some kind of "duel" game mode since there's this one guy online (CyanakiBlizkana) that hosts 1v1 servers under Match.

I.e. only two players allowed at a time (everyone else waits in a queue) and when the current duel is over, the next person in the queue faces the winner of the previous duel.

I think we should add some kind of "duel" game mode since there's this one guy online (CyanakiBlizkana) that hosts 1v1 servers under Match.

I.e. only two players allowed at a time (everyone else waits in a queue) and when the current duel is over, the next person in the queue faces the winner of the previous duel.

Over the years I've seen this suggested and it has always been shot down due to the fact you can set up 1v1's easily if you have players that are willing to cooperate and switch to Spectator Mode and then turning switching teams off.

Why not a friends list and with it comes a Global chat across the servers.
A private messenger to the friends that are in different servers.
And more commands with /
An issue with the game is that once you make your so called, 'Internet friends', you don't want to get skype or steam or blah blah blah... You just want to waste away on srb2. Maybe we can solve that issue with an actual chat system.

We don't have the infrastructure needed to host a constant chat/friendlist server that will only be useful when playing the game. The master server only works because it's an infrequently-connected listing used only to show what servers are running; sending chat messages and constant "this person is online" data would make it much worse, and drastically increase MS downtime.

Seriously, Skype/Steam isn't that hard to use.

We don't have the infrastructure needed to host a constant chat/friendlist server that will only be useful when playing the game. The master server only works because it's an infrequently-connected listing used only to show what servers are running; sending chat messages and constant "this person is online" data would make it much worse, and drastically increase MS downtime.

Seriously, Skype/Steam isn't that hard to use.

Skype and Steam isn't hard at all... But you got a major point. Even if it is possible, the more downtime would increase.

Having a "chat box icon" above the players would a good feature on 2.2.
It's been floated about, even within the development team, but IIRC Mystic thinks it's a giant "shoot me" indicator instead of a "don't shoot me" indicator and thus we've never put one in.

but IIRC Mystic thinks it's a giant "shoot me" indicator instead of a "don't shoot me" indicator

Quake 3 Arena uses the "player is chatting" icon and half of the people connected in the server seeing the icon doesn't even try to obliterate the player below it.
However, inexperienced and/or unaware players will kill the player anyways.

Last edited:
It's been floated about, even within the development team, but IIRC Mystic thinks it's a giant "shoot me" indicator instead of a "don't shoot me" indicator and thus we've never put one in.

Isn't a player sitting still already a giant "shoot me" indicator? I don't see how this could possibly backfire.

I think the indicator would make the player much more noticeable when farther away than normal, so if you really wanted to be a terrible person you could rail someone chatting from the other side of the map.

Unless you use the same method the game "Jedi Academy" does, when the chat box goes up you are basically invincible. However the only problem with this is people might be dishonorable and spam chat on when being attacked.

In replay mode, I would LOVE to see all my failed/non-failed attemps while playing a level. Like, if I played the level 50 times, I would see all my 50 ghosts no matter if they are a certain character or if they failed or completed the level. Just to be able to see them there.
Also, a spectator mode, to be able to watch these 50 ghosts easily while flying in the air watching them die in the same spot.

I would point on spawning a chat icon above the player to indicate he's writting something.

EDIT: Nevermind, Tokyo already said that.

EDIT 2: But what would happen on coop mode, or adventure maps, like if you record a video playing a server with friends or something, would be cool to see the icon indicating you're writing. I don't know, it could be disabled for matches, and be enabled for cooperative modes.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back