Can't win Egg Rock Act 3, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help with beating the Metal Sonic race (Or i guess it's a race? I dunno, didn't win this yet.) The problem is, i'm playing as Tails and i'm stuck in a red long tunnel, with a checkpoint after it. There's a countdown, so i can't breathe in this room for some reason, and Tails is too slow to reach the checkpoint before the countdown reaches 0 and kills me. I dunno what to do, can i get some tips?

I need some help with beating the Metal Sonic race (Or i guess it's a race? I dunno, didn't win this yet.) The problem is, i'm playing as Tails and i'm stuck in a red long tunnel, with a checkpoint after it. There's a countdown, so i can't breathe in this room for some reason, and Tails is too slow to reach the checkpoint before the countdown reaches 0 and kills me. I dunno what to do, can i get some tips?

Maybe you should spin and strafefly?

The countdown starts when Metal Sonic has made it to the end and you haven't gotten the checkpoint. Try to use shortcuts and cut as many corners as you can during the race. If you still can't beat him, you need to work on more time-attacking skills.

Alright, problem solved. After two more tries, i realized that indeed, the countdown starts because Metal Sonic is close to beating the race. I guess the case is closed then.

That was a really good finale by the way.

Wow, it must be painful beating it with Tails... I had trouble beating the race with Knuckles and I kept dying on that part too.

One question: Is the race actually easier for Sonic? I ask that because maybe it´s harder to navigate the stage with Sonic, but you could just thok the entire tunnel, couldn´t you?

I didn't have that much trouble with Knuckles. You just have to keep in mind that you can climb over stuff, so just beeline for the wall nearest to where you need to go. I imagine Tails plays more or less the same here, but I'm not so sure about the last part.... Maybe try spindashing beforehand?

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Alright, I just did a testrun with Tails. The key to finishing that section is to spindash just before you enter the red corridor. Once your spindash starts losing speed, jump, and then jump again right as you land in order to keep some of your momentum. This should give you enough starting speed to get you through the section.

Last edited:
Turning the console command "flipcam" on is IMMENSELY helpful for the reverse gravity platforming section. At least if you're using software, anyway.

Easy race with Knuckles or Tails:

1° Start with a fully charged spindash.
2° Climb/Fly to skip the first turn.
3° Climb/fly to enter the hole in the wall to skip a LOT of possiblities to get hurt and slow downs.
4° Glide/Fly to the left, to skip A LOT of that part.
5° Keep going until you find the Gravity Changer. DO NOT use it. Climb/Fly over the wall and Glide/Fly to the left.
6° Again, DO NOT Change gravity. Climb/Fly over the wall to get past UNDER the electricity and spikes. Keep on going until you reach the large red hallway. Fully charge the spindash and the race is over.

I just found a bunch of shortcuts in the level and abused Tails's ability to fly. You don't have to stay on the track. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back