Post your pics/art here!

Curious if any spriters here have used Pyxel Edit: http://pyxeledit.com/

Bought it for basic spriting purposes because none of the image editors I have seem to be great for that. It's in beta phase at $9, so far I'm not disappointed. It's built around tiling, so it has good tools for testing animations and whatnot. Very easy to use interface.

First project with it:

CJiHg6U.png

Uh. ...So, you're charging people for those graphics, Icefox?

Albeit a small price, but it just seems... off to me. I don't know if that's just me knowing how to do exactly what you've done, or if it's the fact that charging is outright absurd. Then again graphics designers make a lot of money for simple things. I keep forgetting how simple it can be. In my opinion, it looks good, don't get me wrong, but it looks way too simple at the same time. Dunno how to explain.

Oh, and while we're on this topic.
RuleEnforcer-1_zpsa218cb17.png

BlueBlur_zps296d63fa.png

I do graphics myself, by the way. Usually in forms of ranks for forums or banners. I also made ThatSRB2DUDE's current (I think, unless he changed it since the last time I checked) video selection screen. Y'know, at the end of his videos? Looking at it now, I find it dated. Sick of looking at my old stick arm/leg style.

But huh. Didn't think you could post that kind of stuff here. ...Cool I guess?

Albeit a small price, but it just seems... off to me. I don't know if that's just me knowing how to do exactly what you've done, or if it's the fact that charging is outright absurd. Then again graphics designers make a lot of money for simple things. I keep forgetting how simple it can be. In my opinion, it looks good, don't get me wrong, but it looks way too simple at the same time. Dunno how to explain.

Oh, and while we're on this topic.
RuleEnforcer-1_zpsa218cb17.png

BlueBlur_zps296d63fa.png

I do graphics myself, by the way. Usually in forms of ranks for forums or banners. I also made ThatSRB2DUDE's current (I think, unless he changed it since the last time I checked) video selection screen. Y'know, at the end of his videos? Looking at it now, I find it dated. Sick of looking at my old stick arm/leg style.

But huh. Didn't think you could post that kind of stuff here. ...Cool I guess?

Since my old style in graphics sucks, I decided to go on flat graphics and vectorized graphics. BTW. Those stamps by you are neat. The first stamp looks preety good. The red color at the second stamp is irritating. Anyone knows. The red color reflects anger, stress or something like that. The shape from the second stamp looks really bad and so much bevel and emboss. Try to make a new shape for that.

Last edited:

It might be simple, but you have to keep in mind that a lot of people are photoshop illiterate or simply don't have the software. There's value in being able to make a clean graphic, even if what you're doing seems relatively basic.

What program do you use, Icefox?

2 big programs.

Adobe Photoshop CC
Adobe Illustrator (for fixing crappy things from my flat backgounds and Im trying to do graphics on Illustrator).

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I also made ThatSRB2DUDE's current (I think, unless he changed it since the last time I checked) video selection screen. Y'know, at the end of his videos?

You mean Outro. ThatSrb2DUDE's outro. About that, looks preety good.

Yeah, the outro screen. Derp.

And I use Fireworks personally. For drawings and stuff I use Paint Tool SAI, but that's another story.

Your work looks pretty solid eitherway though, keep it up.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back