• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Telos' Typical (Threadbare) Editing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy heck, he isn't dead? Where the hell did he go, then!?

Well guys Amy is cancelled, thank you and goodbye.

N-no, I'm not serious- I just bothered logging in to update her status, I wouldn't have gone through that trouble for nothing!

7gYIqNC.png

Look... I already started her hanging anims!
"So you're basically saying she's cancelled"

Anyways!

srb20005.gif

Now... the real battle begins!

ToasterTurnaround2.gif

I'll try to finish a frame for each character minimum weekly, so this thread will be much more lively soon, promise! I'd post more, but I spent most of these past 9 months doing nothing but mastering the pencil. And I don't suppose curvy anime girls, you know, count as SRB2 content, so,

Last edited:
It's just my curse, probably

The worst part about getting better is that I constantly end up redoing old sprites instead of finishing the set like I would've if I had motivation to begin with. At any rate, I don't have much to show, so take this Aigis.

aigis_more_like_aigis_for_any_occasion_because-.gif

Aigis is the most powerful character in SRB2 history because she has neckwear for every occasion. You can also witness the terror of neckbare Aigis. Learn that fear and remember it well...

unknown.png
Here's some stuff from a gfx set I'm working on for a map related to a particular mmo. Sadly, it's not even close to being finished.
Not the textures nor the map, that is.

CastlebotFacestabber.png
You can probably guess this is unfinished without me telling you at this point. Part of me wants to do this and the other part fears the effort I'll have to put in.
no clue why the image is upscaled this much but I can't be bothered to open gimp and deal with it

9VEsxzn.gif

Literal greenflower. That comes at the price of making the grass blue, though. Making the grass blue threw off the color balance and I didn't feel like leaving it as normal, so... this is a joke by the way

Yeah, that more or less covers my activities with SRB2. I might have more to show later? Making guarantees would probably just be dishonest. We'll see, I guess.

That's a really cool looking face stabber! The actually-green flower zone graphics look pretty neat, but also have a far more gloomy tone than seems appropriate for a first zone. Seeing it used in an original level though would definitely be welcome.

Thanks, Prime! The Facestabber's a personal favorite of mine - I was thinking about making it more miniboss like but that also implies making frames for the gun fire which could be a bit more involved than my motivation ever manages, lol.
I actually had the same thought as you towards ReallyGFZ, as well. The textures made me think of earthquakes for some reason so I'm calling it "Distal Plains Zone," but I'm not sure about gimmicks and the like yet.

You're onto something, MK

Oh wow, looking back at this thread, that's the older version of the new facestabber!

Neaaaat... also, wow that's right, I should get back to actively working on this stuff sooner or later

I'd be lying if I said I made much progress from then and now, but I have grown enough to probably actually animate Amy - Rosy, I'm calling her Rosy for the chaos of it - so maybe we'll actually see something! That's a promise I'm not keeping isn't it

So, what now?

Let's do some postings!

It's been a while, and RSRB2v2 is... still in the void. Oops! You might've seen some of these things floating around already, but what the heck! Why not!

New Tiny Bee - these ones are called Apodeich Embers, which will make sense... later! But not yet.

EASEhbh.gif

All two angles of the new Apodeich Elementess... man, I gotta finish that, but I stopped when I realized A4 and A5 would be 99% hair and got lost in busywork after, then forgot
3Ce5ioX.png

Bonus: Legmaster
NZd66MH.png

"Apodeich" is the name of the bee ladies' military organization, which will also make infinitely more sense later on.

that aside:

It's an omen, even if you don't understand it
RJJTMt4.png

This is terrifying if you get the reference. Slightly older amy sprite for reference as well
zAfDfsH.png

While not directly within SRB2 yet, I did some concept work for BMZ... which I am adding to RSRB2 exclusively because it humors me.
QYbI8dc.png
Then, outside of that sphere, let's see what I've done recently...

All I have is this gif, which displays a pretty damaged wip walkcycle I gotta redraw some
BIU1MS9.gif

As well as the renewed standing fr- actually my workspace is neat and has everything in a conveniently packed space, so take the charsel and continue sprite, too
U6Eh4W6.png

and the signpost sprite I guess
Oh right, this guy, who was gonna be for the 24 Hour map, but ended up being a bit too much work to finish in time and had to be cut. I'll still finish it, just not... yet.
iVByRe3.png

Concept art portrays a related badnik, the Hexmit Crab.
k6C0aiI.png

Or is the Hexmit Crab truly just some unfortunately misplaced Crustacean? In fact, neither of these are actually manufactures of Doctor Eggman... though, I'll save that one for later.

Oh right!
jx8ubbm.gif

The map segment that happened for... I might've focused too much on looksies, but that's okay, eheheh.

Oh yeah, I've got this... for fun BASH resprite I started and never finished. s'okay, no one particularly likes to look at bash anyways.

qbzR6bw.png

The blue mountain concepts are cool, no pun intended, i like the Gorilla bandik since its it immediately reminds me of a CBFS taking at least 2 hit to defeat. (I like heavy badniks and i think they should be more of them in the later levels)

(not the crawla comando though, they are just ass)

Also those small fish like sprites look like new flickies(?) Very cool.

Last edited:
I'm loving this modern style Amy. Her hudname is Rosy currently, I mean her real name could just be like "mamy" for modern amy, and her hudname could just be Amy. Anyway I really liked her design in Sonic Advance and Sonic Adventure, so I'm happy to see her in Sonic Robo Blast 2!!!

I'm wondering though if her running sprites will have her holding her hammer like in Sonic Adventure and Sonic Advance, or will it be without that detail. Either way it looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back