Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autosaver said:
Crüsäder said:
An item for bosses (or any level in Single Player but it might be best for bosses) that's basically ammo, then you fire it at Eggman (or enemies).

Turn RingSlinger on

Srb2 stand alone can just shoot.
Many other mods place weapons in the area.
No, I know, but have ammo seperate from rings that you have to use to hurt/defeat Eggman.

Jellybones69 said:
Weapons in Race. (Race can really be boring, even if it isn't a thokfest.) The weapons can stop other players, I think the homing ring could be kept for this, and some spikes that you can lay on the ground, and weapon rings should be put in race too.
Whoa, I was just thinking about that this morning. Probably cause I was playing Mario Kart.

Crüsäder said:
Jellybones69 said:
Weapons in Race. (Race can really be boring, even if it isn't a thokfest.) The weapons can stop other players, I think the homing ring could be kept for this, and some spikes that you can lay on the ground, and weapon rings should be put in race too.
Whoa, I was just thinking about that this morning. Probably cause I was playing Mario Kart.

Turn ringslinger on and there should be weapons everywhere....

Autosaver said:
Crüsäder said:
Jellybones69 said:

I don't always enjoy ringslinger. We want banana peels and lightning.

Autosaver said:
Crüsäder said:
Jellybones69 said:

My suggestion is that we shouldn't have to turn on ringslinger, and that weapon rings can be in race too.

We've done ringslinger circuit maps before for one of our Cafe contests. It's so much fun with special rings.

:SonicMaster: said:
Make damaging sectors and FOFs and water blocks return the flag automatically.

From: http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?p=319830#319830

I wouldn't agree with it. Why? Because level designer can very well place an inferno or water shield monitor somewhere. If a player get damaged and drop the flag, other player with either shield can pick up the flag and go forth. We have to think teams are playing and players should help each other.

So, damaging sectors and FOFs play a role as challenge upon trying to rescue a flag. Then, I prefer to allow level designer decide if such hazards should act as a challenge of flag's rescue or not.

Sectors really must return the flag automatically when it's impossible anyway to pick up the flag, i. e. death pits. The main problem with death pits is if a flag falls near a sector border, the flag gets stuck: it needs to be fixed. Just it.

srb2kirbyo said:
Make the maxsend default 800 instead of 200.
Because most wad are over 200.

Downloading via the host causes lag for players, and if I were playing, I'd rather not have people downloading things from the server, as the game is practically unplayable with online lag.

JetTheHawk said:
srb2kirbyo said:
Make the maxsend default 800 instead of 200.
Because most wad are over 200.

Downloading via the host causes lag for players, and if I were playing, I'd rather not have people downloading things from the server, as the game is practically unplayable with online lag.

Ok just 400 then.

How much effort would you make to type "maxsend 800" in console?

Once you've set maxsend 800, this value will be stored in config.cfg for new servers.

Ezer.Arch said:

Once you've set maxsend 800, this value will be stored in config.cfg for new servers.

It just that some server add rare wads(like jelly.wad) and don't know about maxsend.

srb2kirbyo said:
Ezer.Arch said:

It just that some server add rare wads(like jelly.wad) and don't know about maxsend.

Jelly.wad isn't really rare... http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=16894&start=0

As for the whole maxsend thing, I'd think it should stay at 200, if the host wants people to download it, then he'll put it at 800. If not, he'll keep it at 200, I guess.

srb2kirbyo said:

No probs... :)

At least, I try not to host "rare" wads in my servers because I know how is frustrating you try to join and can't do it.

If I host servers with my maps (they are fairly unknown yet) I set good value for maxsend.

Jellybones69 said:

Downloaded.

(my SRB2 folder is getting really fat)

okay.....no change on maxsend then

ummm. A easy-to-read lag guide? (to tell who or what is making the server slow.) Since the "ping" is broken (err so I heard) wait that would be a bug! (p.m.'s Spazzo!)

Conic said:
Some kind of command to give MS admins powers over the server, maybe some kind of packet from the Master Server? It does seem hackable, but it COULD be done securely, I suppose.
The reason for suggesting this is to help MS admins deal with joiners when the host is doing nothing wrong.

No, no, and quite simply, no. Nothing could possibly be more stupid than to put such a back door in an executable that's open source.

Wow, you guys are making this hard for me to think up something...

I feel like I said this already but, Is there a command for keeping players on their team in net games so they can't "changeteam" in the middle of the game?

Jazz said:
No, no, and quite simply, no. Nothing could possibly be more stupid than to put such a back door in an executable that's open source.

I did think of that, but I guess I overlooked the open source part. Oh well.

fawfulfan said:
Okay, here's a DEFINITE thing we need for SRB2ME: The ability to download larger files from the Master Server. The only files we can download at the moment are really tiny, and it would make it a lot easier to join netgames with lots of WADs.

Code:
Maxsend 99999

That allows you to download files as large as Mysticrealm from a server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back