• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Techno's Turd Wall~

Status
Not open for further replies.
MonitorsPlus v2.0 is down to just a few more fixes and a few more sprites and then it will be out, on other unrelated news BATKANESE.wad has come out today so be sure to nab it while it's hot. BATKANESE.wad

So I have created a checklist for the next version of MonitorsPlus...

MonitorsPlus v2.1.1 or v2.2 (idfk anymore) Update Checklist

Features:

*Snu wanted to update and make changes to LUA_CMDS
*Maybe add a few more commands in
*Think of a feature to add in

Edits:

*Make Titanium Shield lighter and easier to move around in
*Fix the Anti-Matter Shield so it hits everyone in TAG
*Maybe remove the Hyper monitor and the Instakill monitor from MT_QUESTIONBOX
*Tidy up and label everything in LUA_FREE
*Create LUA_MNTR for easy editing of spawn chances

Fix the following errors:

*WARNING: ./MonitorsPlus.wad|LUA_KILL:87: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t.
*WARNING: ./MonitorsPlus.wad|LUA_SPIK:384: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t.
*WARNING: ./MonitorsPlus.wad|LUA_FITN:124: attempt to index field 'target' (a nil value)

If you want to think of a feature or a change we should make then ask away, we are going to try and make this the update where we crush the last of the bugs in v2.0.

From what I recall, the coding of the BATKAN monitor nullifies the god command on a Terminal server or SP which I've even thought was intentional at first, adding hookring and MonitorsPlus breaks both the spider shield and the hookring, with the lua errors depending on the order the wads are added, and I'm also surprised the spikeball doesn't hurt other players if ringslinger is on, speaking of which a guy mentioned that 10 seconds for it is too short.

From what I recall, the coding of the BATKAN monitor nullifies the god command on a Terminal server or SP which I've even thought was intentional at first, adding hookring and MonitorsPlus breaks both the spider shield and the hookring, with the lua errors depending on the order the wads are added, and I'm also surprised the spikeball doesn't hurt other players if ringslinger is on, speaking of which a guy mentioned that 10 seconds for it is too short.

Thanks for that, the BATKAN Monitor should no longer nullify the god command in the new version, it seems that I accidentally put player.pflags = $1 & ~PF_GODMODE in a ThinkFrame so that explains it. As for the rest of the problems you mentioned above, I will get to them as soon as possible.

Think you could figure out why monitors won't spawn with chaos mode added? All it shows are the normal monitors, unless it's set to random.

The MonitorsPlus Team will soon release 3.0 beta this update is mainly for stabilising the code within the wad so this should hopefully fix all if not most of the synch bombs that the wad causes. Again this is a beta so it is not yet completely finished but we still recommend to use this over v2.5.5, if you happen to find any bugs or errors within the wad then please either post them here or on the MP thread.

The beta won't be out for a while now since we have experienced many major bugs during closed beta testing, as soon as they are fixed we will release it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back