What are the hardest video game bosses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going the Megaman Battle Network route, the third installment gave us a boss people still complain about: BUBBLEMAN. Most of the time is spent getting rid of the bubbles that litter the field AND dodging attacks from all sides. Plus, when Bubbleman gets below half HP, he starts throwing up a bubble to shield himself. Oh, and V3 only shows up in Beach Area 2 when Megaman's HP is in the red, the coward.

How about the last boss in Marvel vs Capcom 2? You know that guy with 3 forms and the last one is some lava spewing monster. Well I can barely defeat him on EASY MODE.

Megaman Battle Network 5 when you fight the random battle with BassXX. Yea without my HP cheat I would have died in a flash -.-

I really hate to say this, but the Boss in Final Fantasy X, named Seymour Flux.

This boss really gave me a hard time, there was a time where I almost won, but Total Annihilation, well, you get the idea.

It was later that using Shell will help drop the damage by half during T-A, but I didn't know at the time.

I was wondering if I was really underleveled, I tried using a Aeon's Overdrive, and hit about 9999 damage, but the question is... how? Used Bahamut's Ovedrive, and hit well 20000+ damage, now... can someone tell me how am I hitting this much damage? (And no, this is NOT a joke.)

I did view a video to see if there were any ways to get pass this boss, in one video, I saw Bahamut hitting around 8000+ with it's Overdrive, after seeing the other Aeon's hitting 9999 with their Overdrives.

And no, I don't have a cheating device, if I did, I wouldn't be using Aeons, and would just use the characters and hit well over 99999's each time.

Now... I have to deal with Yunalesca. Her 3rd Form... Argh, Mega-Death... which kills your whole party if not one of them is in Zombie Status.

There are other Bosses that gave me trouble, but I don't want the make the list big.

Last edited:
But he´s not >:O .

Well, I can't beat him... Galaxia Knight is a pushover for Suplex though. I did beat The True Arena with Stone, but that doesn't count. I swear, stupid randomly-sprout-out-of-the-ground-and-pierce-your-defenses move.

Hardest/Most annoying Bosses I've fought against.

Sonic 2 GG's First Boss Reasons.

1. No rings to aid you, 1 hit and you're dead.

2. The difficulty for the first boss is ridiculous. I thought Boss 3 was much more of a pushover, and also like reason 1, you have to evade all enemy attacks to not get killed, and most of these attacks are stupid.

Sir Lancelot 2nd battle in Sonic & The Black Knight reason.

1. Christ he is stupidly hard to attack. He has tons of attacks which have a massive hit range far & close such as Chaos Blast, Chaos Spear, it only takes a split second from him attacking normally with sword combat, to do those specials like clicking your fingers. Getting 5 star on this was hell.

Jacques from Spyro The Dragon for reasons

1. The level layout is ridiculous for a boss battle. Most of the entire fight is to land on smallish platforms hoping to not plunge into the instadeath lava/water, whatever it was.

2. For how small the boss actually is, he can travel far and fast making traveling more difficult in the fight.

Nightmare from Kirby's Adventure Original version for reasons.

1. The Boss technically has a time limit, if you don't beat him after a certain amount of time, the screen goes lower, and the top part crushes you, killing you instantly.

2. Nightmare's attacks can be unpredictable, particularly the 1st round and are fast. Surprisingly, I found him more easier to beat in the GBA remake.

Perfect Dark Gaia-Sonic Unleashed (360/PS3 Version)

I apologize, but not everyone can button mash X SIXTY TIMES in the matter of approx. 20 seconds!

No idea of who think of right now but:

The Torso TR1 (not Anniversary) is really creepy and quite a challenge, you are on quite a small platform and he takes like half of it. And you've got to avoid falling to ten foot doom in the lava pit.

Ultima Weapon.

Everyone uses Ultima on sephy, but there is one key blade that can act as a replacement and less time wasteful.

If you ever face him again in another playthrough, use fatal crest with growth abilities High jump Lvl 2, Aerial dodge (just it's first level) & stock up on Hi-potions, ethers, and a couple of elixers. Other abilities like Counter guard, upper slash & horizontal slash will assist you in combos. Oh and a little secret.....upper slash is treated as a finnishing combo that isn't affected by beserk. Thats how I beat sephiroth in my second run.

Perfect Dark Gaia-Sonic Unleashed (360/PS3 Version)

I apologize, but not everyone can button mash X SIXTY TIMES in the matter of approx. 20 seconds!

But Sonic´s section of Dark Gaia is MUCH harder, if you get hit twice, you basically got your death-by-time lack ticket.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

What about the Time Attack of the third Idol on Shadow of the Colossus? It´s stupidly difficult on hard, first of all, dodging it´s sword is freaking hard since no matter where you go, he will fix his movement, making the sword always end close to you, the normal way to beat the colossus doesn´t work (make him hit the iron floor, climb the sword and climb up, attack and then belly) no, you have to JUMP right when he´s lifting his sword into his stomach, THAT is nearly impossible since you can only do it in 1 place of the 30 meters sword, then you only have 5 minutes to end the fight, that isn´t easy since you have to hit his arm, HOW AM I SUPPOUSED TO DO THAT? everytime I hit him 1 or 2 times, I run out of energy, well watch the video and look at the comments, more people saying it´s hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PigAg6DF9E

For me the hardest video game boss for me is Golden Silver in Gunstar Heroes for the Genesis. His attacks do a lot of damage, he is unpredictible, and has 9999 health.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever found any boss to be particularly hard, but, for some reason, the Birdo in 4-2 in Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) always took a large amount of lives from me. Sure, it's like the normal ones on ice, but I'd constantly fall into holes and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back