What would happen if STJr takes over Sega

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Bottomless pits everywhere
erm what

Bottomless pits are NOWHERE in SRB2. They're in ACZ1, and all three acts of ERZ, and they're not a threat at all in ACZ1, while being very rare in ERZ.

On the other hand, modern Sonic games have death pits every-****ing-where.

You forgot Neo Aerial Garden... and Sonic Koopa Blast... and a good chunk of the SRB remake stages...

Man alive, you must really be embarassed :D

Completely agreed. Besides, the bottomless pits tend to be in environments in which it's appropriate to have them as a hazard (subterrian ruins, canyons, orbiting spacestations, ect).

Ashura Dark Reign, the UT2004 mod, too.

Genesis of the Azure wind, I can agree with you
Dark Reign, I have to disagree

I think Dark Reign did a better job of engine modification. GotAW seemed to scream "MOD!!!" at me

To me, it depends on how far you deviate from the engine's first function. take SRB2 for example! it went from phesudo 3d fps to a phesudo full fledged classic sonic game.

If Sonic Team Jr. were to Take over Sega,
The Super Virus would return in the next Phantasy Star Game.

To all those saying it'd take 10 years: Making the games would be our job.

Therefore it would take first priority, so I'd give it a couple of years at most, if that, since we'd have a full team of developers who would do what we say (the ones that don't run away when their bosses are brutally murdered and replaced by STJr, that is).

LOL, I was joking. But still, we have no idea how fast you guys work.

In my opinion I think Sega would obviously be worse than it is now. Think about it, Whats the point of replacing pro game designers with amateur fan game makers? Srb2 is great and all but come on.

To be honest, i would and wouldn't love to see that happen. Because with so much more possibilities that a corporate gaming company provides, i thin STjr would, well...
break apart. becuase ideas would clash and people would leave STjr. But untill that did happen it would be great because they would probably put Srb2 on the ps3 or somethin, which would be great.

I, for one, think it would be fantastic! Then I would apply for a job there! I have tried to imagine what SRB2 would look like with modern technology, and it's amazing.

If this really happenned, just do what you did for SRB2. Not really structually, but similar gameplay, modding, ect. And a lot of secrets, too. I started on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. It is still my favorite game. I bought Mega Collection, then a couple nextgen, and resold the nextgen. Not for profit. On the other hand, I loved the feel of the classic games. I think that STJr. running SEGA would bring back that classic feel in 3D, like SRB2 does now. With a different engine, professional programmers, and pay, this could be the best freakin' game on the planet.

Rating: 5/5 =D

Well sega would go down, way down. How are a bunch of amature programmers (no offense) going to make sega better. We'll hardly even compete with other companys; we use an outdated engine. And besides Sonic would be really going downhill because many kids will be hoping that sonic will be fast, they're too used to current gen sonic, and while older folks will love the idea, they prbably won't have enough time play. Also Sega isn't only about sonic, they're are other games.

Well sega would go down, way down. How are a bunch of amature programmers (no offense) going to make sega better. We'll hardly even compete with other companys; we use an outdated engine. And besides Sonic would be really going downhill because many kids will be hoping that sonic will be fast, they're too used to current gen sonic, and while older folks will love the idea, they prbably won't have enough time play. Also Sega isn't only about sonic, they're are other games.
If STJr would take over Sega, they wouldn't keep this old engine. Making the games would be their jobs then. Also, Sonic IS fast in SRB2. And what do you mean with "not enough time play"?

I would think that despite that STJr. having a lot of experience of making games. modern day fans 10 year olds would not like there design due to difficulty and lack of new characters. However the older fans would enjoy the game and play it for what it is. The game itself would probally have a level editor, better netplay, and more stuff to use to edit the game with.

i can see the words coming out, Sonic Robo Blast 3. it would be great, since we can get it legally done and everything plus voice actors and stuff. aka continuing where sonic unleashed left out, a perfect modern and ol' school combo = WIN!!

i can see the words coming out, Sonic Robo Blast 3. it would be great, since we can get it legally done and everything plus voice actors and stuff. aka continuing where sonic unleashed left out, a perfect modern and ol' school combo = WIN!!
You know that this is not a modern and old school combo? When this project was started, there was no official 3D Sonic game.

well, this project started 10 years ago and right now its 2009 that means 1999.. while sonic adventure was released in 1998 :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back