• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Can the Rail Ring be edited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Rail Ring with explosion radius... And I thought making it get a scope is overpowered.
I'm pretty sure it's possible to SOC an Armageddon Shield Explosion... The Nuke Monitor does that, well, with a tiny glitch, but still...

To the first one, directly, no, you can't. The Rail Ring shoots the same thing as an ordinary Red Ring, so almost any changes you make to one would apply to the other.

You MIGHT be able to take advantage of the fact that the Rail Ring always dies on the same tic it spawns to get something to work, but it'd be insanely complicated, and not worth it in the slightest.

To the second part, I don't remember a reliable way, but there might be something I don't know about. ;X

A Rail Ring with explosion radius... And I thought making it get a scope is overpowered.
I'm pretty sure it's possible to SOC an Armageddon Shield Explosion... The Nuke Monitor does that, well, with a tiny glitch, but still...

I would completely disregard this post, seeing Metal Rawr has no SOCcing knowledge. ^_~

The way I did the explosion with the nuke monitor was to call A_CustomPower to reward an armageddon shield then immediately call A_EggmanBox to hurt the player, making an instant armageddon explosion with no armageddon shield visible. This way has a few bugs, but there is no action to directly trigger an armageddon explosion. :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back