Zelda: Skyward Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if it's already been discussed here, but I'm going through with it.

It's been announced that a new Zelda game will be released this year and it will feature the Wii motion plus accessory, making players feel like they're controlling Link's every sword movement. According to Game informer, this has been under development for Five years now.

Also, Concept art shows an Adult Link holding his every day Hylian Shield with it's metal glory, but no sword. It's been said that the sword is apparently a mysterious creature behind his back shown here.

This is also said to be set in another era (Of course) and a different Wii motion plus mechanic that is used not only for swordplay, but it's also used for puzzle solving that involves defeating your enemies in a certain way.
The game should be released sometime in, or after summer.

Last edited:
I would love how it turns out. But does the wii motion plus have something under it that let's you plug in a nunchuck? My mom accidentally bought one, so to return it I didn't see the inside, as we left it closed.

Is it just me, or does the "mysterious creature" look an awful lot like the Fairy Queen that gives you Fire&Ice Arrows in Wind Waker?

I would love how it turns out. But does the wii motion plus have something under it that let's you plug in a nunchuck? My mom accidentally bought one, so to return it I didn't see the inside, as we left it closed.

Yup, the MotionPlus allows any accessory that can be plugged into a normal Wii Remote in it. Except it isn't compatible with the HomeBrew Channel. >>

The Wii Motion plus accessory is connected via Wiimote, in no way is it able to be plugged into a nunchuk. That's just silly.
WiiMotionPlus(1).jpg

Whoops.

Who is that behind Link? Shes blocking my view of the Master Sword. Maybe a guess, but could she be the Master Sword? Would that mean we would have the Master Sword at the beginning? Then what would the most powerful weapon in this game be? Why am I asking so many questions? I want answers dammit!

Who is that behind Link? Shes blocking my view of the Master Sword. Maybe a guess, but could she be the Master Sword? Would that mean we would have the Master Sword at the beginning? Then what would the most powerful weapon in this game be? Why am I asking so many questions? I want answers dammit!

In an interview between Miyamoto and IGN, they specifically said that there was no sword. I'll try to dig for the record when I have time and energy. For now, suffice it to say that many reporters have asked one of the very same things you had... take from that what you will.

I'm pretty sure he meant that it doesn't stick into the Nunchuk, it sticks into the mote.

Off Topic: Ah, I see I misread supersonic45's post, sorry 'bout that. I thought that he meant if it could stick in the Nunchuk, like Autosaver said.

On Topic: I read somewhere that the Master Sword is indeed going to take on a new role.
The Legend of Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma says that he's going to "Surprise" us with the new Zelda this coming E3 as well, instead of having more concept art.

From the attire of the girl and the jewel on her lower stomach I would say that we may learn about the origins of the master sword. But if that were the case then the plot would be rather generic. I'm just making a guess really...

Zelda Wii's official title is "The Legend of Zelda". There will be no subtitle.
The game tells a story several hundred years before Ocarina of Time.It also answers the question of how the Mastersword came into being.
The fairy-like girl plays is a very important character in the game. Her Name is Zordiana.
The Hookshot is also in the game and it has new abilities. It will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed. Now it is possible to swing with the Hookshot, like with the Grappling Hook from WW. The Hookshot makes no use of Wii Motion Plus.
Sometimes you have to "draw" a specific symbol on a door with your sword, to open it.
The Bow-Control is very similar to the Bow-Control in Wii Sports Resort, as the script shows.
There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma put it through. Miyamoto didn't want to include it.The Normal-Mode for amateurs. The Hero-Mode has no "Super Guide" included and the enemies tougher.
The On-Stage Dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn't a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be Dungeons with no Bosses and Bosses with no Dungeon. The "Dungeon" you are able to play at E3 will be an Ice-Level. It will be the frist "Dungeon" in the Game.
http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/06...-confirmed.php

.....Legend Of Zelda for the Wii

Zelda Wii's official title is "The Legend of Zelda". There will be no subtitle.

inb4Sonic06

Anyways, Zordiana sounds like a terrible name in my honest opinion, though I like the idea of how you won't know when you waltz into a dungeon.

Last edited:
The gem on her makes me bet she IS the master sword. Anyways, looks like a Zelda game that won't be bird shit like spirit tracks.

The gem on her makes me bet she IS the master sword. Anyways, looks like a Zelda game that won't be bird shit like spirit tracks.

Spirit Tracks wasn't even that bad, sure you have the "Go on a object and go this, and then go to there." But it doesn't make it fail.

The only thing I hate with Spirit Track is those Dark Trains, ARGH.
-----
Anyway... I saw the gameplay and I was thinking as I saw those 6 Hearts in the corner, and how getitng hit takes a whole heart off instead of pieces. (It still may be a beta, but still.)

Are the Heart Containers/Pieces gone now? I hope not, because I always aim to collect them whenever I can.

Let's see, last time before the DS ones came, the max you can have was 20 Hearts, then on the DS ones, the max was 16.

Actually, the E3 trailer showed Link shooting a heart.

That's a recovery heart... I know what those do. >_>

I'm talking about these.

"Pick up a Heart Container and get a extra whole Heart added to your health. / Pick up 4 to 5 Heart Pieces and you get a extra whole Heart added to your health."

Those are the kinds of Hearts with a glass/frame around it.

Last edited:
(For that who changed the title name, I appreciate it.)

For those who hasn't seen E3, or live under a rock. This here is the official Trailer of Skyward Sword.

It showed footage of the use of Wii MotionPlus, when Link has his sword moving in a circular motion.
Graphics seem to remind me of Zelda 64 Beta. Wind Waker as well. Even if it's a tailer, I hope they Improve the graphics, either that or they're trying to mix Realistic with Cartoonish.

I'm OK with that, but it seems a little awkward, because it makes Nintendo look lazy for not making realistic graphics with that, But like I said, It could be because it's in beta form.

Also, The release date is being postponed in 2011.
We also find out, Link is approaching the Indiana Jones Approach with a whip.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Lookie here, an explination on the MotionPlus Controls!

Last edited:
Required wii motion plus? When will wii developers know that unless the thing is on sale it's pretty expensive and throws off sales to require it?

Anyway, ontopic. Reminds me of wind waker. In fact, I want to know where my nerd fan rage over going back to wind wakers "art style" is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back