Nick Simmons Plagiarizes Bleach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I mean is that Nick Simmons is pretty... Small time. Plagiarism happens all the time, just not on a professional level. Considering manga isn't very varied or innovative, artistically speaking, it's not a big surprise.

It's not a particularly huge surprise that people try to pull that off, it's just interesting that this guy actually managed to get published, when it's really clear just looking at the images that he's essentially tracing Bleach outright.

Of course I don't. I live under a rock when it comes to celebrities. Those names mean nothing to me.

You're right. I don't. I assume you're being sarcastic but considering the lack of tone of voice on the forums, I can't determine that.

What I wondered the instant I saw this was, what if it's just a parody? A single frame like that could just be a reference to/parody of bleach - and that kind of stuff happens all the time. You probably need more context to know whether it's plagiarism or not...

Also, Nick Simmons is the son of someone in Kiss.

Of course I don't. I live under a rock when it comes to celebrities. Those names mean nothing to me.
.-. Can I move in with you then? Seriously. Plagiarism happens, people nerdgasm over it. Honestly, I wouldn't have even noticed it if I picked up an issue of the book itself; I just don't have that good of a memory. Oh, and LOL, Gene Simmons had a son?

Who cares?

What is the point of jumping into a thread and say "Who cares"?
You obviously care if you clicked on the topic.

Even though I don't care.. I wouldn't really like people coming into my thread(Portal 2) and say "who cares"
Edit: Yes, I did see your new post.. but still. 2 words? :p

Last edited:
What I wondered the instant I saw this was, what if it's just a parody? A single frame like that could just be a reference to/parody of bleach - and that kind of stuff happens all the time. You probably need more context to know whether it's plagiarism or not...

Wikipedia said:
Accusations of plagiarism
Wikipedia said:
Concerns were raised in late February 2010 that Nick Simmons had plagiarized character designs, fight scenes, plot segments, dialogue, poses and expressions from both professional and amateur artists, specifically from both published manga and from art communities such as DeviantArt.[9][10]
Evelyn Dubocq, Senior Director of Public Relations at Viz Media, the American publisher of the Bleach manga, was quoted as saying "We appreciate all our fans bringing this matter to our attention, and we are currently investigating this issue".[10] Tite Kubo, the author of Bleach, one of the mangas specifically named, has made a Twitter post twice on the situation, first to comment on the number of people outside of Japan commenting on the accusations and later to note that he is more concerned about the fact that Gene Simmons's son is a comic creator than he is in whether any of his work was actually copied.[10]
On February 25th, 2010, the publisher of Incarnate, Radical Comics, announced on its official blog that it would be halting distribution and production of Incarnate until the matter is resolved between all concerned parties.
On March 1st, 2010, Nick Simmons released the following statement regarding the accusations of plagiarism:
“ Like most artists I am inspired by work I admire. There are certain similarities between some of my work and the work of others. This was simply meant as an homage to artists I respect, and I definitely want to apologize to any Manga fans or fellow Manga artists who feel I went too far. My inspirations reflect the fact that certain fundamental imagery is common to all Manga. This is the nature of the medium. I am a big fan of Bleach, as well as other Manga titles. And I am certainly sorry if anyone was offended or upset by what they perceive to be the similarity between my work and the work of artists that I admire and who inspire me.”

Nick Simmons is small potatoes.

Edit:
Why the hell are you all using wikipedia?

You know, I was going to say "How much effort does it take to paste the references at the bottom of Wikipedia so people don't call you out on it?", but I stopped myself. Funny how that played out.

I actually only clicked on it because it was also posted on the Sega boards. Was wondering if it was a copy paste. :P
Edit: And that wasn't the point. D:
I just wondered what this was about.

Nick Simmons is small potatoes.

Edit:

You know, I was going to say "How much effort does it take to paste the references at the bottom of Wikipedia so people don't call you out on it?", but I stopped myself. Funny how that played out.
Wikipedia said:
None at all it would seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back