The topic for sharing Art, Ideas, Stories, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Well you see, JEV3, I tried doing Sonic & co. more realisticly and make them look like the old Sonic style artwork( thus having a short, stocky Sonic. ) So Amy's in her new dress, so what? The new Amy is actually better than the old one. She looks older....perhaps. Human...mind I ask you whatever gave you that idea? Was it her hair? Now help me on the Knuckles issue. Absurd? Sure he looks kind of funny like the Aardvark( Ant and the Aardvark ), but what could I do to make him more realistic without you having a problem with him? Make his snout shorter? Perhaps I'll do that. Do you also have a problem with the ears? I can fix that, you know. Although I would like to keep them at a more believable level( realism if you will ). About Tails... so what if he's supposed to look cute? Really JEV, my concern is making them look cool at a believably realistic yet cartoony level, and to try and keep them recognizable as Sonic & co. But hey! It is your opinion and I can't say anything to change your opinion.
  • Glad you like Robotnik! Notice that at the side of his head is unnecessary shading. I kinda' made his head look, unintentionally weird at first ( his head looked deformed ) so I fixed it up with some shading. Mind you, this took me about 30 minutes to do straight off in pen and ink. No sketches! You like that metal arm he's got? He can disattach that arm, and throw punches at people with that flying arm. Sounds cool, no? Hope you don't think down on me since that kind of stuff's been done before( Teen Titans for one ). And his eyes are robotic, so yes, he can access the data files of Station Square or Knothole( whichever story you believe is the actual story for Sonic the Hedgehog. )
  • Really? Metal Sonic looks like a Godzilla movie monster? I don't know if I should say "Yay!!!!!" or "Oh no!!!!" Well you do like it though right?

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
P.S. Is it possible for someone to get banned for bumping their own topic?

There is nothing wrong with bumping a topic so long as you have something relevant worth bumping the topic for.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Although I would like to keep them at a more believable level( realism if you will ).

Meh, I don't like this "realistic" look.

Hell, I didn't even recognize Tails at all until I looked two or three times. And, how can Sonic run if he's so fat?

But Robotnik and Metal Sonic look pretty good otherwise.

Jazz said:
#1.Meh, I don't like this "realistic" look.

#2.Hell, I didn't even recognize Tails at all until I looked two or three times. And, how can Sonic run if he's so fat?

#3.But Robotnik and Metal Sonic look pretty good otherwise.
  • #1.Well it is your opinion. And heck, if it's your opinion it's your opinion.
  • #2.Yeah. I guess it is kind of hard to tell who they are. But here's one thing about Tails' hair: It's curly. Just reminding you. And a cartoony fox's fur would do that fur thing the Blaze's does( Tips at the sides. ) Need I remind you that Sonic was fat? Sonic 1 for those of you who've forgotten about the game that first starred the blue blur. So I have a pretty good reason for making him a chubby furball. You sure you didn't have a problem with Amy's design? Or Knuckles for that matter? Please point out my mistakes as I will fix them.
  • #3.You're the second person to say that about Metal Sonic and Robotnik. I'm glad as heck that you like it.

*In response to long post by SSp I'm not going to bother quoting*

(ow long posts with few line-breaks) Metal Sonic looks like Gigan, a robot version of Godzilla... I only remember him from promotional art though... The face looks the same, but its only because the back spikes characteristic of Metal Sonic aren't shown that it looks so much more like him.

As for recognizable, the only way I recognized Knuckles was the fact that he was missing... and I originally thought that Tails guy was a fancharacter. I like the pic of Metal Sonic and Eggman, but as for the detachable limbs and such... I'm not personally wild about it. (I prefer fantasy for Sonic)

Amy really looks human mainly because her eyes and that her design isn't very animal-ish anyways... I personally like Amy more than Rosie... even though the hammer is somewhat impractical.

And being that the Tails that has been my favorite character since I first played it, I am slightly bothered by his SA+ version (tech expert??? It seemed cool at first, but he's just lost that lovability). Even then he's still SUPPOSED to be (if you mute the speakers) a cute little fox.

It is constructive criticism... not a suggestion on how to *fix* your art as there is no such thing with art. Concepts can be improved, but cannot be fixed. Although I must admit your post has confused me with its incoherence, it seems that you are asking for criticism to *fix* your art and at the same time passing it off as 'just my opinion'... My opinions as stated were that Sonic and co. should be caricatures and that Tails should look cute... but keep in mind that I did point out that Tails and Knuckles are unrecognizable, Sonic is too stocky, and Amy is too human. (she doesn't have hedgehog eyes) While yes that may be in my opinion, it was intended to be advice and careful criticism on your art from my point of view, which, being myself, I kinda have to look through.

JEV3 said:
Metal Sonic looks like Gigan, a robot version of Godzilla...

I know this is extremely late, but it must be said (and considering this is back at the top anyways...):

Gigan is not a robot version of Godzilla.

One of the Showa Godzilla outfits.

Showa Gigan

---

Final Wars Godzilla.

Shinsei Gigan ver. #1

Shinsei Gigan ver. #2.

---

Gigan is not a Godzilla robot. That belongs to the 3 MechaGodzillas:
Showa, Heisei (Also, Super Mechagodzilla), and Kiryu, type #1 and type #2.

Gigan is a beetle/cockroach, not a Godzilla robot.

Learn your Kaiju please.

Someone is DEFINATELY a Godzilla fan... =p I never would be able to pull up that sort of information for anything but LOTR... Apologies for getting that all mixed up...

Back on topic though, if you look in any Sonic game, all the Hedgehogs have their eyes in a certain shape, while your Amy Rose has them looking like human eyes...

Metal-eyes.png
Shadow-eyes.png
Sonic-eyes.png
Rose-eyes.png

All from one site for consistency's sake... (joeyandjolty) Notice they all curve a certain way (some sort of outward curving oval)... Mighty's are the same way mostly, and Espio's, Vectors, and Knuckles are somewhat similar. Tails, Cream, Rouge, and Tikal are more rounded... While Eggman's and Big's are beady. While Amy's eyes have a somewhat softer curve, its still the same sort of shape.

Well, this topic shouldn't be TOO old to be a bump. Yes, I know it's messy, Yes, I know human furries can lead to human extinction, and yes, I know it's at a 12 year old level *being that I am 12*, but it's pretty good for what it is, right? Yeah, not the best handwriting.

• Good job, Sasuketo! A little sketchy, but it's pretty good.
  • My next drawings will be comparing my shading style on Sonic's head with how SEGA shades Sonic's head. The second and third piece, believe it or not, are also comparisons, but they're comparing Rouge's breast sizes from SA2:B to Sonic Heroes's Rouge model. I always thought that SEGA inflated her breasts in Sonic Heroes, because I didn't get to play SA2:B in multiplayer mode, but now I've been going over to my friend's house to play it. My god. I never knew that SEGA had shrunken the....OK... I'll just shut up now.

@ Sentry - I'd rather not see the later mentioned pictures... It'd be better to mess with the proportions and shading on your own and then show the finished product, at least in my opinion.

@ sasuketo - I really like that pic... Sonic is too close to the pitchers mound however, if he hits the ball, Tails is going to have a real headache. Also, pitchers usually stand to the side as well from the ball games I've seen. Tails is clearly facing Sonic in that pic... Also the tails are too small in proportion to the body. They would be at least twice that size.

Otherwise not bad.

JEV3 said:
@ Sentry - I'd rather not see the later mentioned pictures... It'd be better to mess with the proportions and shading on your own and then show the finished product, at least in my opinion.
JEV3 said:
@ sasuketo - I really like that pic... Sonic is too close to the pitchers mound however, if he hits the ball, Tails is going to have a real headache. Also, pitchers usually stand to the side as well from the ball games I've seen. Tails is clearly facing Sonic in that pic... Also the tails are too small in proportion to the body. They would be at least twice that size.
  • JEV3 raises some good points about your drawing sasuketo. How about you use foreshortening..... you know...make Sonic smaller to give the illusion that he's far away.

JEV3 said:
Otherwise not bad.
  • Yeah. I think it's pretty good myself.

sasuketo uzuchihamaki said:
I think I made Sonic bigger than Tails because even if he is kinda far away, he IS still taller than Tails, right?
  • Yes he is. He is taller than Tails.
  • @BlueZero: Have you ever noticed that when I use {list} BBCode Tags that I'm talking about different things like in paragraphs? Paragraphing is my answer. Don't forget it. I'm getting a wee bit tired of explaining this. Now if you teach me how to use Ordered List then I'd use that instead of making you wonder why I use {list} Tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back