Status
Not open for further replies.

ManimiFire

Meow Motherfuckers.
Yup, another boss fight that I did...

Info: MAPR9 - ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION ACT 3

Boss: EGG CANYON

srb20076.gif

Thanks for Sapheros for did some bug fixes in my boss and helped me with the SOC.

Version 2.0

Thanks for Sapheros for fixed some things in my boss...

Attachments

• sc_vsEggCanyon.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 560
Last edited:
Core gameplay is pretty good. Some suggestions:

* Change the boss's radius to 24. Robotnik is feeling a bit slim.

* Add some sort of telegraph to the auto ring attack -- right now it's a cheap shot.

* Add a fuse to the minion spawns so that they die out on their own. They pile up on the battlefield pretty quickly, which creates a snowball effect and makes the battle progressively harder to deal with.

This feels pretty fluid for a boss done all in SOC, but you might try working more of your Boss's behavior in Lua, such as timers and attack patterns. Lua will give you more control over individual variables, plus it allows you to be more efficient with your states.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

By the way, here's a fix for your fall script:

Code:
addHook("MobjThinker", function(mobj)
	if gamemap == 721 and leveltime == 0
		mobj.state = S_PLAY_FALL1
	end
end, MT_PLAYER)

I don't know if this is a glitch with tails, but eggman ground pounded into the void.

So I tried it out...

-The boss slides a bit after landing, and I doubt that it is an intended behavior.

-Its hitbox seems severely small compared to the actual size of the object, I often found myself going right through Eggman's head and the sides of his eggmobile.

-The boss doesn't need the 2 extra HP, but I feel like I said this more because the boss is hard to hit and that the pinch phase gets annoying.

-The bouncing balls in the pinch phase quickly become an annoyance, as Cobalt suggested, it would be best to make it so they disappear after some time, also, the automatic ring attack seems a bit fast.

That aside the level name is also pretty cheesy. :V

But other than that, it's pretty solid and you keep making better and better stuff. However, I would recommand you try out making bosses with Lua, it really opens up a whole lot of possibilities you could have hardly achieved with SOC as you can have control over pretty much the whole game. I'm looking forward to when you actually try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back