Team Fortress 2 update thread. No hatin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs a homewrecker pyro wearing a respectless rubber glove to be complete.

I think there was, I remember hearing a Pyro spamming "Place a Dispenser here!". Probably died when the Demoman showed up though.

Well ain't this the truth?

110122.jpg

For the $2.50 you can spend on a key to try and get a hat, you can instead trade the key for a refined and later trade the refined for a Napper's Respite or other crate hat. It's very easy to bypass the system, and the only reason I bother buying keys is to convert them into trading currency.

Yup. We really need a recipe to smelt crates into metal, if only to reduce the amount of bitching about "pay to win".

Pay to win? The only thing worthwhile out of crates are unusuals, and out of the unusuals (offensive descriptions, look out) I have, I only unboxed the Exquisite Rack and the Stove Pipe. You can get anything else with less effort; in a trading perspective, nothing in any of them is worth more than 3 refined.

EDIT: also why the fuck do people criticize gabe instead of robin

Last edited:
The "pay to win" drama just comes from the rarity of set hats and the fact that someone wearing just the weapons has a disadvantage to someone who has the hat as well. Even then, the only set hat that suffers from this is the Milk Man; every other set either has a downside or has too insignificant of an advantage to really matter. The Christmas sets don't even require the hat to have the bonus, so Valve has obviously learned from its mistake and doesn't plan on repeating it.

Crates have nothing to do with it. They're just dumb useless shit that won't go away.

EDIT: also why the fuck do people criticize gabe instead of robin

I suppose it's because gabe is bigger in size, letting them to joke on him easily. That and Robin does sorta seem like he's not as involved in the decisions they make at Valve.

The only thing worthwhile out of crates are unusuals,

Oh god, unusuals. Out of all the claims of "breaking" the art style, the only items that really deserve it are the Swarm hat(still doesn't keep it from looking awesome on the Soldier) and Unusuals. Because hats in 60s spy movies are always on fire and haunted, right?

Crates have nothing to do with it. They're just dumb useless shit that won't go away.

And that's exactly why they should be craftable; so they actually have a use other than eliciting micropayments.

Eh I thought is was alright. I kinda had fun playing as a Demoman on it; haven't had time or opportunity to try the other maps though...

http://www.teamfortress.com/shogunpack/

Valve had a freaky 3-way with the TF community and the makers of some strategy game, and this is the result. Not exactly happy about the fact that this is both a packaging of community content and more promotional items, but the weapons seem balanced.

My only complaint is that the Fan'O'War is somehow not a giant wooden mallet.

I need to reinstall this once I get a new graphics card and format. D:

What's happened in the past month on TF2?

My only complaint is that the Fan'O'War is somehow not a giant wooden mallet.

Erm... why exactly is that off-setting again?

@Colson: Other than two promotional events ((Homefront, Shogun)) that passed, they actually fixed Demoman's stances with his two-handed weapons, and a few bugs or two. That and a few good weapons for Medic and Pyro may be created.

Last edited:
Fan is kinda awesome, main usage seems to be running up and hitting a heavy whom is under fire to make them die more quickly.

Haven't used the new banner enough in order to get a valid opinion on it.

Sword is awesome once you get over pulling it out accidentally and then being stuck with it.

Kunai can be useful but the minus 65 health makes playing him far too risky for my tastes.

Well at least we know SOMETHING is coming out of of the TF2 Developers outside of multiple cross-promotions and community items. But I still can't wait for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back