Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna try making a SP map for the next one which will definitely be Halloween themed (since it IS the end of October...) Probably won't look as nice as the last one though.

This is Sky Lift Zone, a SP map for the next OLDC.

srb20002q.png

Yes, those textures are from Sonic Heroes. And D00D, the textures aren't finished yet, I still have to get the door, wood, and brick textures.

Is there a limit to the amount of people who can collaborate on one map?

It's never really come up before (I think the most we've had before is 3), but it shouldn't be a problem. Collaborate with as many people as you want. Just remember: anyone who collaborates on the project cannot vote on it in the judging topic.

Ooh, I like. Looks more spooky than Eggmansion Zone, if only because said stage tries too hard to be spooky :P

This level is going to be very scary! The story is that Eggman locked you in a mansion and is now chasing you down with an ax. He also infected you with a toxin so you will sometimes see scary images with loud distorted screams.

...Okay I lied. I'm trying to make the map a little spooky, but not over the top to the point where people forget it's srb2. There won't be any new monsters, sounds, textures (inside the house at least) or different non-srb2 gameplay. Hopefully it can continue to look somewhat realistic while actually being fun. I have some ideas. :P

Last edited:

THIS MEANS WAR!... Okay, maybe not WAR but still, the level looks nice none the less.
Also, I think the lights look odd. Oh and, EMZ itself isn't meant to look scary I just added the textures in to TRY to get D00D to stop complaining about the CEZ ones.

Oh, and here is some more screenshots:
srb20269.png

srb20267.png

Anyways, may the best mansion win!

KO.T.E, that level would look a lot better if you didn't just rip textures from a game and badly-convert them to SRB2's palette.
You can design custom textures that look much better than that. What you're using now looks disgusting.

I have to second that, your texture rips don't fit at all and look extremely bad. And you know yourself that these textures will certainly not shut D00D up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back