• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

ohnoes, i b0rked it1!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritz

Subhedgehog
Sonic Team Junior
Long story. Recently, my nephew went on a field trip to a public library with his class, and I was the chaperone. Of course, right off the bat, my nephew runs straight to the computers and starts blabbing about SRB2. The kids, of course, are fascinated. Since I'm such a nice guy, I decided to throw together a quick level for them, while taking suggestions and such.

"Put in some floating blocks!"
"Make some of those cool trees!"
"Make a waterfall! Plz plz plz"

...Right. So, I do as I'm told. Rather than make a ton of water blocks, I decide to take the easy way around and turn the thok barrier into one huge waterfall. It screws up the whole level. Each sector's side textures are replaced by the waterfall one. No biggy. But now, I've created this awesome glitch where you can see through the bottom of the level, but you can't see the top of the level from the bottom of the map. It's pretty hard to explain, so go see it for yourself.

http://www.freewebs.com/cyberhitler/Wad2.wad

Freaky, eh? I have no idea what happened, but everyone (including myself) thought it was pretty cool, so I left it. It seems pretty reminescent of JTE's Darkworld test wads, only in a much more primative form. So, comments?

Remember, I did this in software, so I have no idea what will happen in OGL. Actually, you know what? *goes to experiment*

EDIT: Uhm, yeah... Stay away from OGL. ^^;

Yeah, I already tried OGL, it doesn't give the same effect, it just makes a really big waterfall.

The textures were probably replaced (if/)when you made the thok barrier after the level. I have no idea why the sky is like that but it could be fixed.

Really? Sure thing, go ahead. But if you want, I could wad the REAL hub for ya... Oh, and you see, I don't WANT to fix the sky, that's what makes the wad so special.

Meh. I don't plan on adding onto it. It's just a test wad with a very, very interesting outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back