• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
the loop take 2

OrangeOrganicDachshund.gif

10 out of 10 best loop phisycs made in srb2 -IGN
Actually in all seriuosness it's pretty awesome that we finally got actual loops made sort of work in srb2!

Besides the slopes, the loops are another biggest element to the Sonic series. I approve this greatly.

Sadly the current loop physics are completly awful and fucked up; I will end up replacing it with a zoomtube that rotates the running frames, sadly.

Anyway; here is some Loooo-a I've been working on for a friend of a friend.

HelpfulBrilliantBedlingtonterrier.gif

I would've gif'd the beautiful special stage replica that was included there, but it's not my work, so have Greenflower instead.

Just askin'. Are speed shoes also something you can get from the UFO's like in the original?

EDIT: Also, RIP Loops. 2015-1991

Last edited:
that's about how it looks on a(n unfinished) stage made for it.

BarrenBraveBlackfootedferret.gif

...The sprite rip is of course optional since every character can run (or skate) in there.

Gg... :o you and dp still working on this like crazy lol, everything looks very nice, you're scripting and his mapping made a good combo on this.

Last edited:
The dance of life; The hunter and the agile prey

Getting closer! It's interesting to see the failed attempts at this sort of thing, honestly.

Edit: oops I was looking at the last page, was talking about the loops. the special stage stuff looks pretty sweet too though I was never a fan of the sonic cd special stages.

Are you gonna have the emerald sort-of float down like it is in the original, or are you gonna keep it as is.

For the momment it's kinda a placeholder thingy, but I'm not exactly sure on how I will handle this kind of thing at all since I'm not that good with Lua.

Gg... :o you and dp still working on this like crazy lol, everything looks very nice, you're scripting and his mapping made a good combo on this.

Oh well, that's some way to not get bored when there's nothing else to do ;)

Getting closer! It's interesting to see the failed attempts at this sort of thing, honestly.

Edit: oops I was looking at the last page, was talking about the loops. the special stage stuff looks pretty sweet too though I was never a fan of the sonic cd special stages.

Yeah, though I have no way to make a proper loop by my own, as I said I'll end up making this some zoomtube that rotates the running frames =/

...Wait... who the hell said I was cooking us pancakes ripped straight out of Sonic DVD?

955600srb20127.png

Yep, I made new textures (or rather recolored SRB2 textures because I can't draw) for that (even though a lot are still Sonic CD rips and have to be remade ASAP)
I have Deadpool to thanks for that magnifiscent Skybox!

Who asked for Chaos Emeralds falling from the sky already?

GenuineEvenIbex.gif

Nah, it's not orange, I prefer to leave it purple.

In that gif, the Emerald appears for a tic at Tails' feet before disappearing and descending from above him. Other than that, it looks great.

In fact, it's the regular emerald appearing so the player gets a real one, the "artificial" emerald spawns above the player no matter what though.

That's some pretty neat work- but you could always make the normal emerald's spawnstate invisible to make that glimpse not happen.

EDIT: Partially succeeded by 742mph, and their solution is probably superior.

Last edited:
You could just add the appropriate flag to the global variable emeralds instead of physically spawning an emerald object. After all, that's what the official Special Stages do.

EDIT: Partially ninja'd by toaster, and her solution would work too.

What matters is that it now works correctly~
ExcellentAstonishingAntelopegroundsquirrel
ExcellentAstonishingAntelopegroundsquirrel.gif

This seems really cool, but are you going to put this in a map pack, or let it replace the default special stages?
To be honest, I have absolutely no idea. I plan to release it once it's done, but I don't really know what else I can do with it ... aside of throwing it in my discontinued New Horizons mod, perhaps?

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea. I plan to release it once it's done, but I don't really know what else I can do with it ... aside of throwing it in my discontinued New Horizons mod, perhaps?

I actually have an idea on what to do with this, but it would require the script being reworked to work on regular stages and not just special stages. I think a really interesting level pack could be made out of this type of level.

DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald!

470598srb20135.png

I actually have an idea on what to do with this, but it would require the script being reworked to work on regular stages and not just special stages. I think a really interesting level pack could be made out of this type of level.

...Mach Speed-like levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back