Project Natal - Xbox360's motion sensing peripheral

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a first glance, these are my thoughts...

1. It just looks like a Playstation Eye built into a TV.
2. If it functions liek the PSEYE, then people could screw up gameplay just by walking in front of the player.

Of course, these are just my thoughts.

Both Natal and the Move will go the way of the Wiimote when developers realise they don't have a fucking clue of how to use it.

Mark my words.

Also oh hey, welcome to E3 last year.

Last edited:
Wow, technology suuuure advances these days.

You call this advanced technology? Pleeease, Japan made freakin ANDROIDS man, ANDROIDS. Here, technology doesn't go so fast, well we go fast but not as fast as Japan. But how do they do it?... Hmmm... And the proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EveR-2#EveR-2 But at least we were able to make a REAL Wall-E...

But, anyway I wonder how normal Xbox360 games will be on this.(Probably wont work...<_<)

Last edited:
You call this advanced technology? Pleeease.

Then what do you call it? A game system that uses no controller but the body of the human being is not advanced for such a system? I see what you mean, it's just old, nothing new.

Then what do you call it? A game system that uses no controller but the body of the human being is not advanced for such a system? I see what you mean, it's just old, nothing new.

I'd call it an Xbox upgrade to the Playstation Eye. Advanced technology is what I was referring on my first post. But robots are Pre-advanced to me. Edit: WHAT THE... THE USA IS MAKING AN ALBERT EINSTEIN ANDROID?! http://www.hansonrobotics.com/einstein_video.html

Anyway, lets see if they actually accomplish Project Natal.

Last edited:

Project natal is essentially an expansion pack to the Xbox 360. The controller will still be there, it just won't be used. I see the merit of your argument, but I also have to bring up that natal will fail horribly.

It's a peripheral, guys, not a console or 'expansion pack' (you could say a controller is an expansion pack then...).

This is a fair bit more advanced than the Motion+ or PS Move (which only worked because they were in a dark room, imagine using that when it's during the day in a living room with the sun coming in through the window).

While it is partly a better PS Eye, it's incredibly more advanced, last I checked the Eye doesn't have any concept of 3D space really (correct me if I'm wrong...).

They're not going to release it if it lags, obviously, so don't go running around in despair, their marketing and production guys do know what they're doing (mostly...) believe it or not.

Oh, and that's not built into the TV, it's sitting in front of it.

I don't really follow video game technological advances, so I'll just ask this:

Am I the only one here who likes to play games with traditional controllers?

It's a peripheral, guys, not a console or 'expansion pack' (you could say a controller is an expansion pack then...).

This is a fair bit more advanced than the Motion+ or PS Move (which only worked because they were in a dark room, imagine using that when it's during the day in a living room with the sun coming in through the window).

While it is partly a better PS Eye, it's incredibly more advanced, last I checked the Eye doesn't have any concept of 3D space really (correct me if I'm wrong...).

They're not going to release it if it lags, obviously, so don't go running around in despair, their marketing and production guys do know what they're doing (mostly...) believe it or not.

Oh, and that's not built into the TV, it's sitting in front of it.

Which is why Microsoft still has the ring error. :p
Oh, Ubisoft confirmed to be developing for this! Petz:Xbox edition!

Have you ever had a moment where you try to liken something to something else and an example of the word is right in front of you(For example, A printer while typing this message) and it turns out the word you use to try to liken it is needlessly more complicated and less accurate? Unfortunately, it's been happening to me all day :<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back