why isnt the master server working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, this is probabally a stupid question, but I can see other netgames on the master server, but when I try to host one, no one ever joins.

There is a line of text at the top of the screen saying that "this server has been registered on the master server...". However, when I go into the options screen, under the "server" option, it is always set to "no" I have forwarded port 5029 to IP 192.168.1.5, and I have the IP 24.62.178.188 registered as the master server

Is my server working ok, and no one joining, or am I doing something wrong?

FuriousFox said:
You can't change it in-game, because SRB2 will change everything to lowercase, which means that your colon (:) will become a semicolon (;). To properly change it, edit your config.cfg file.
Well, it works perfectly fine for me.

EDIT:
ffwronglol.jpg

M.V.P said:
FuriousFox said:
You can't change it in-game, because SRB2 will change everything to lowercase, which means that your colon (:) will become a semicolon (;). To properly change it, edit your config.cfg file.
Well, it works perfectly fine for me.

EDIT:
ffwronglol.jpg

SRB2 displays everything in upper case, but saves as lower.

Even so. It still works fine for me when I change it ingame. If that was the case also. Wouldn't it not show the semi-colon?

Ok I went to options then server options and changed it from srb2.org.server whatever it was to 25.62.188.178:28900 and nothing happened. Did i do it wrong by any chance?

FuriousFox said:

Read the post, people. Also, I hadn't taken into consideration the console, but it's alot easier to just edit the config.cfg file.

yes I especially noticed that. I have a nazo avatar and got tempbanned strike 1 my second time posting on the forum. And now i noticed that Nachos has been tempbanned trike 1. (Wierd)

I have a question and your all probably going to laugh at me, but when I go to open my config.cfg file, my computor has no clue what created it, so it won't let me open it. Is there something wrong with it or do I need to get some program?

Config.cfg? Wow, I've never even looked in that before....

Seems to open with Notepad, so I don't know what's wrong. Perhaps you can try reinstalling it? *bricked*

step 1: run notepad
step 2: drag and drop config.cfg into the notepad window
step 3: what? there is no step 3?
step 4: profit!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back