This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I changed it for the next release so that the temporary file is loaded as well if there are unsaved changes. For now you can change it yourself by going to the Testing tab and changing the parameters from

Code:
-file "%AP" -warp %L
to

Code:
-file "%AP" "%F" -warp %L

Glaber, you missed a post. :v

Besides this, what old features does ZB not have? I have no idea what things it's missing by this point, and I've used both pretty extensively.

Last edited:
Yes, my friends, after a long wait I am happy to announce that

2.2 is finally out!

...not the 2.2 you're waiting for though.

This one's got a few new things, most importantly texture skewing and support for SRB2's weird-as-fuck "Parameter" value for Things. I also added Insert Things Radially Mode, which the more Workbench-savvy among you might recognize. Scroll up to the first post for a full changelog, as usual.

Do tell what they are so I can see if I can add them.
Well here's a couple things I can figure out.
1. ablity to edit the mainconfig
[REPLACED]2. Select All

Outside from that, I can't think of anything else. If I do this post will be updated.

Last edited:
...you DO know that there's zero reason to use the 3D mode start thing, right? By default, you start in 3D mode at the x and y coordinates the screen is centered on in 2D mode, and that's updated when you exit it. Placing a thing was just an arbitrary in-between.

I got a question , will Zone builder be able to Load things within a Wad and list them in things list if they were in MAINCFG Lump or a LUA script ? tried it but it didn't work .

1. ablity to edit the manconfig
That's planned, but it turned out to be somewhat difficult since Zone Builder's script editor is only designed to open very specific types of lumps. For the time being, you can just use SLADE.

2. updating the position of the 3dmode start thing when moving in 3d mode.
As toaster said, by default Zone Builder doesn't use a 3D mode start thing. It starts 3D mode at the current cursor position and updates that position when you return to 2D mode. If you do want to use a 3D mode start thing, go to Preferences -> Interface and disable "Sync camera position between 2D and 3D modes".

I got a question , will Zone builder be able to Load things within a Wad and list them in things list if they were in MAINCFG Lump or a LUA script ? tried it but it didn't work .
Also planned.

This is turning out to be the best map creator I've seen, and considering it's usable on my computer without fuss, in my opinion it IS the best, everything that's been planned sounds amazing as well, so I'm looking forward to those things as well!

Welp, another version for me to install. Anyways, I love this level editor as it makes some things a lot easier for me. (Expect making floating platforms and skyboxes, but that's cuz I'm a newb at this lol) The only things I could think of suggesting is, tutorials? I know there's a help section, but people who know jack-all, like me. Can't seem to figure how to make some things. :/ Keep up the good work, MascaraSnake!

Found a possible crash, if you disconnect from internet the Editor would crash once you load a wad .

Wierd, last time i checked it i got a crash, now i'm no longer getting any , possibly i accidently ran GZDB Instead of ZB :P

I have noticed another problem, this time with how it handles alignment with the x axis.

I've noticed that it appears to try to align similar textures from all surfaces along the x axis including FOF walls where SRB2 Doombuilder ignores FOF walls.

SRB2 doom builder
doombuilder.png

Zone Builder
Zonebuilder.png

Last edited:
So... you're complaining that it's actually possible to align FOF walls now? I think you just need to be more careful about your use of autoalign so it doesn't align all the linedefs in the whole map. You need to select the specific linedefs you want aligned and to which texture you want them to be aligned to get good alignment.

incorrect. I'm complaining that it's useing the FOF's displayed or hidden wall as a valid texture it can align to.
Here's what happens in Doom builder 2
Doombuilder 2
Doombuilder2.png

SRB2 Doombuilder, Doom Builder, and Doom builder 2 can all align FOF Textures, but Doom Builder 2 shows it where SRB2 Doombuilder doesn't. both builders show the same results in game.

Results from SRB2 doombuilder and Doombuilder2
srb20055_1.png
srb20058_1.png

Results from Zone Builder
srb20051_1.png
srb20054_1.png

the problem here is that FOF textures are being treated like a valid texture in the target sector and it affects all the textures on the same line. Before I've been aligning fof textures by useing a seprate texture hidden underground, or the same texture as the wall above or below the fof, and it always worked because what mattered wasn't the visual results in editor, but the results in game.

I'm not sure if you ever noticed, but I've even been able to align my FOF textures even in 1.09.4 in my SRB2 Halloween mod stage White Halloween.

Last edited:
the problem here is that FOF textures are being treated like a valid texture in the target sector and it affects all the textures on the same line.
I might be misunderstanding you, but it still sounds like it's doing exactly what it should, which is to recognize FOF textures as valid textures that can be auto-aligned like anything else. I know that the alignment of FOF textures also affects the alignment of all the other textures in the sector, but that's just how SRB2 works.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back