SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
baba_944
Default SRB2 Linux Port

I have have two questions but the main one's regarding the Linux port

1: Is said port official or fan-made if you know what I mean

2: Is the Big The Cat joke .wad still up (I know it's late but I've been studying).
baba_944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
AlamGBC
WOO! GO ME! YAHOO!
Administrator
 
AlamGBC's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba_944 View Post
1: Is said port official or fan-made if you know what I mean
I support the Linux/GNU x86 port, seeing the the source code need to be able to compiled to past the pull request check on GitHib

If you want a binary, just pick the /bin/lsdl2srb2 artifacts on CircleCI bot
__________________
"remember, hacking SRB2 is a good thing, cracking it's save games is not" - Alam and Logan Arias

3DS FC: 0473-7778-0919

Last edited by AlamGBC; 1 Week Ago at 10:01 PM.
AlamGBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood
Moderator
 
Monster Iestyn's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba_944 View Post
2: Is the Big The Cat joke .wad still up (I know it's late but I've been studying).
If you're referring to the AFD news post, there wasn't a Big the Cat joke WAD released that day. It was just screenshots of him, sorry. =P

That said, those Big the Cat sprites uses the 2.2 palette's new purples, so he wouldn't look as good in 2.1 anyway.
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
GreenKnight9000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
If you're referring to the AFD news post, there wasn't a Big the Cat joke WAD released that day. It was just screenshots of him, sorry. =P

That said, those Big the Cat sprites uses the 2.2 palette's new purples, so he wouldn't look as good in 2.1 anyway.
Holy shit you guys are actually serious with BTC in 2.2
GreenKnight9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator
 
Mystic's Avatar
Default

Of course not. The two sprites were made specifically for the gag, though.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
GreenKnight9000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Of course not. The two sprites were made specifically for the gag, though.
I knew it was too good to be true, i'll be honest; i KNEW it was an April fools joke, but then i realized JUST how beautiful those sprites are, then i doubted myself
well played! (i hope there's a Big The Cat wad for 2.2 on release!)

Also, I'm happy to see the ring sprites FINALLY getting a makeover after decades from the very first 3D version (i hope the springs are getting an overhaul too, ugly looking)
GreenKnight9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator
 
Mystic's Avatar
Default

Too good to be true? Did you read any of the text I wrote for that update? I tried to make it sound even MORE tedious than Big was in SA1, and that's saying a lot.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
baba_944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamGBC View Post
I support the Linux/GNU x86 port, seeing the the source code need to be able to compiled to past the pull request check on GitHib

If you want a binary, just pick the /bin/lsdl2srb2 artifacts on CircleCI bot
For that .BIN file (I am new to Linux) I just copied the /bin/lsdl2srb2 and paste it in the terminal?
baba_944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.