SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion > Bug Reports

Old 04-13-2017   #1
Fodder
SRB2 = Sonic OVA?

Default Goo faucet pushes upwards instead of downwards

I don't think this is supposed to happen??? It's not that big of an issue but I figured I might as well post it.

Okay so SRB2 isn't taking my gif file and DropBox has basically turned into a money-eating shithole so I'm going to do my best to explain:

In THZ1, in the open area with the large pile of goop, there's a faucet to the right of the metal platform that doesn't push down; it pushes up. It's not intrusive, but it's a thing.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

Ok so I take it back about Dropbox, I talked to someone and I was able to upload my gif and here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxwq2l9s1k...20001.gif?dl=0

Last edited by Monster Iestyn; 04-25-2017 at 12:55 AM.
Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017   #2
MK.exe
aaaaaaaaahahahahaha

I guess its due to the physics of the actual game itself. Its meant to do that since the goo always pulls you up.
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017   #3
Rob
Administrator

I mean, on the one hand I'm not sure It's a bug? I mean It's sorta counterintuitive. On the other hand, that's hilarious and I almost don't want to see it go
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017   #4
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Should be noted that the faucet predates the goo itself, before 2.1 it was a slime faucet. =V
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017   #5
Lach

If the player steps into a goo waterfall, the same thing happens. It's a consistent mechanic and I think it should stay that way.
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017   #6
Blaze The Cat
& Knuckles

Most goo waterfalls hide this shame by including a current to push you away from it so you can't stay there long enough to go up, making me believe that it's more a mapping gripe than a bug in the good itself. The goo is designed to anti-gravity the player anyway through buoyancy. It's more or less how it's used that really matters.
Blaze The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017   #7
MK.exe
aaaaaaaaahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze The Cat View Post
Most goo waterfalls hide this shame by including a current to push you away from it so you can't stay there long enough to go up, making me believe that it's more a mapping gripe than a bug in the good itself. The goo is designed to anti-gravity the player anyway through buoyancy. It's more or less how it's used that really matters.
Funny how if you hit a grav flip box and jump in slime it doesnt reverse the slime effect.

It just pushes you up
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017   #8
Fodder
SRB2 = Sonic OVA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK.exe View Post
Funny how if you hit a grav flip box and jump in slime it doesnt reverse the slime effect.

It just pushes you up
How uplifting.