SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing > Utilities

SRB2 Doom Builder Details »»
SRB2 Doom Builder
Developer Last Online: Aug 2014

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (2 votes - 2.60 average)
Released: 01-18-2006 Last Update: Never Installs: 0

EDIT half a year later:
The most recent version of SRB2 Doom Builder can always be obtained from http://workbench.srb2.org/srb2db/.

If you're using Windows Vista or 7, please read this thread at Doomworld.
---

I've spent some idle moments messing about with the Doom Builder source, with a view to implementing some stuff useful to SRB2 mappers. Mostly bug fixes so far -- like the crash in the texture browser -- but some SRB2-specific stuff should follow soon. I'd appreciate any suggestions you have.

Thanks.

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 01-25-2006   #22
Eryn
エリンちゃん

Nice job, so far. Good luck with 3D mode. If you could add those features in, it'd help with my6 Sonic 2 mod, like, a LOT. Seeing as how there's 500 FOFs per level involved, not including special effects. >_<
Eryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #23
JJames19119
Why did they remove Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogaland
Code:
+ Z Offset feature added; no more messing with flags.
YES. WIN. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboashura
Nice job, so far. Good luck with 3D mode. If you could add those features in, it'd help with my6 Sonic 2 mod, like, a LOT. Seeing as how there's 500 FOFs per level involved, not including special effects. >_<
500? That would cause slow downs so bad, a snail race would finish before you even went one second in frames. >_>
Old 01-27-2006   #24
Eryn
エリンちゃん

I'm exaggerating. >_>
Old 01-27-2006   #25
ST218

Not necessarily JJames-He could have some hidden behind a part of the thok barrier or something.
ST218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006   #26
Eryn
エリンちゃん

FOF's? That's a good idea.
Old 01-28-2006   #27
BlazingPhoenix
AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Z OFFset?.....not to be rude but....wtf?
BlazingPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006   #28
Shadow Hog
Administrator

How far up in the air you are. Frequently the Y-Axis is used to such an effect, but DOOM is special like that.
Shadow Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006   #29
Ritz
cornstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogaland
+ Z Offset feature added; no more messing with flags.
So, does that mean that we, like, don't need to mess with bitsets for object heights now?

I love you.
Old 01-28-2006   #30
Naga
True liar.

*idea*

A nodesbuilder *better* than zennode for it, zennode has still got problems, and it keeps crashing on my computer.

i'm only saying this because i found the source code for it.
Old 01-29-2006   #31
Super mystic sonic
The Golden Blur

I tried every nodebuilder,and it kept saying that it couldn't build the nodes. In 3D mode,everything works great. When it goes over to SRB2,it looks strange. I have like 6 levels that are unfinished,because i can't get the nodebuilder to work.
Old 01-29-2006   #32
Eryn
エリンちゃん

You should be using Zennode. Do a search for the Doom Builder tutorial.

EDIT: Here, I found it for you. http://www.sepwich.com/ssntails/mb/v...ilder+tutorial
Old 02-23-2006   #33
JJames19119
Why did they remove Grey

Just wondering...have there been any changes to this at all since your last post Oogaland? Also, I would love to download this as it is now if only for the things having a Z offset. I would fecking pay money for that, honestly.
Old 02-23-2006   #34
Oogaland
Developer

Oh, I remember this thread. I kind of got sidetracked a little when assignments started being set, but I'll likely pick it up again at the end of the semester. Anyway, when I get back (in the labs just now; Fedora Core 3, nice) I'll build what I've done and release it.
Old 02-23-2006   #35
JJames19119
Why did they remove Grey

Yay! ^_^ I can't wait.
Old 02-23-2006   #36
Oogaland
Developer

http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s05698...rb2-230206.zip

This is just a snapshot of the current state. It's not exactly polished: no version number changes, for example. In fact, the changes are exactly those that I mentioned about a month ago.

Extract it into the directory where DB is currently installed. The executable has a different name, but the config file doesn't, as it should be compatible with the unadulterated binary, and nasty things might happen if you try to use the old config with the new binary (I had to add some fields to take account of certain things having different Z behaviours w.r.t. their flags). Also, don't bother trying to create anything other than SRB2 maps with this; it probably won't work.

Suggestions, criticisms etc. should be sent to /dev/null. Um, I mean, are welcome.
Old 02-23-2006   #37
Ritz
cornstar

Your penis size overwhelms me, Ooga. The Z-Offset feature alone makes DoomBuilder 43% more useful to me. One thing I noticed, though; it doesn't work on custom things. Results in a 'Runtime error 424: Object required' error. Any way around this?
Old 02-23-2006   #38
Oogaland
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz
One thing I noticed, though; it doesn't work on custom things. Results in a 'Runtime error 424: Object required' error. Any way around this?
Thanks for spotting that. I've updated the archive: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s05698...rb2-230206.zip.
Old 02-23-2006   #39
Ritz
cornstar

Many thanks. Also, a suggestion: a custom things tab that automatically detects and lists all custom things in the wad. Though it wouldn't be able to give a name or an example image, it could at the very least list the thing number.
Old 02-23-2006   #40
Tets
one rude dude

EDIT: Upon yet FURTHER investigation, I recalled that I downgraded by one version to avoid the texture browser crash. Obviously the SRB2 DB variant was incompatible with the previous version's configuration files, or something. I apologize for the flawed bug report, it works nicely now.
Tets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006   #41
ST218

Majorly less than three to the Z-offset, but one question. Would it be possible to mirror it in 3D mode-ie showing the thing and being able to move it upward?
ST218 is offline   Reply With Quote