SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 04-16-2014   #1
犬夜叉
aka: Inuyasha
Administrator

Default Records.SRB2.org - New Official Record Tracker (beta!)

Submit your replays and compare them with other players!
http://records.srb2.org/ (main, preferred URL)
http://alt.records.srb2.org/ (alternate URL in case the first has issues)

Records.SRB2.org lets you submit replays from the game and compare all your best stats with everyone else! No new accounts required -- it uses your SRB2MB account. Feel free to submit even if you're not the best -- the system is designed so everyone can see how they rank up with everyone else, not just view the one best record!

The site is currently in beta, and not entirely finished, but most features are working.

Last edited by 犬夜叉; 06-16-2014 at 05:08 AM.
犬夜叉 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #2
Puppyfaic
*panting sounds*

...There's actually a record for collecting all 160 emblems? That's insane.
Puppyfaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #3
Goldenhog
Wandering Protagonist

Quote:
Do note that all records were wiped for the release of 2.1.7 because the demo format changed, along with a lot of the maps.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyway, was that weird issue with Record Attack fixed in the 2.1.7 patch? Is that the reason the records were wiped?
Goldenhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #4
Unknownlight

Quote:
A video with proof of your achievement is required; no exceptions.
Screenshots alone are not accepted.
...Anyone know of some good screen recorders for Mac?
Unknownlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #5
Fred
Retired

Quote:
Do note that all records were wiped for the release of 2.1.7 because the demo format changed, along with a lot of the maps.
Wow, good thing I uploaded some twenty replays to the wiki a few days ago, huh?
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #6
W.A.C.

So even though I'm using the latest version of SRB2, trying to upload a time attack I initially did for a past version gave me this message.

Quote:
Sorry! An error occurred while trying to upload your replay.

Sorry, we aren't accepting demos from this version. Use the latest release of SRB2.
Would I have to redo most of my time attacks just to upload them?
W.A.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #7
Unknownlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.C. View Post
Would I have to redo most of my time attacks just to upload them?
Yes, unfortunately.

Quote:
Old 04-16-2014   #8
RedEnchilada
happy, pretty, lovely!
Developer

Can an SDL2 EXE be used for recording video-based records? Fraps can't record windowed Software on the main EXE and I won't be able to see my timer otherwise. I can use OBS but it has awful quality and tends to lag the game out a bit.
Old 04-16-2014   #9
W.A.C.

So I noticed the records listed on that site show the best score, time, and rings for all three characters. Is there a way to do that in the game? For the time attack page, it only shows the best overall score, time, and rings for whichever character got the best rank. I was thinking of doing time attacks on later stages with all three characters, but I'm not able to see the best results for all three characters.
W.A.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #10
Unknownlight

Okay, using a screen recorder for NiGHTS records isn't working. Even though there's not much lag, what lag there is is way too much to get a good record on the stages. The twitchiness of NiGHTS gameplay is even worse than the regular game.

Anyone know of something that can convert massive GIFs into video?
Old 04-16-2014   #11
Yacker
Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownlight View Post
Okay, using a screen recorder for NiGHTS records isn't working. Even though there's not much lag, what lag there is is way too much to get a good record on the stages. The twitchiness of NiGHTS gameplay is even worse than the regular game.

Anyone know of something that can convert massive GIFs into video?
AVS video converter can.
Yacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #12
Vash

What would one recommend for good editing/video recording usage? (ie: One that can mix both SRB2 and WSplit/LiveSplit)

(Preferred something that doesn't cost, so using a torrent is out of the question)
For some reason, my connection just disconnected 27 freaking times on August 27th for no reason. (Oh, wow.. XD 27 pings on August 27th)
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #13
犬夜叉
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.C. View Post
So I noticed the records listed on that site show the best score, time, and rings for all three characters. Is there a way to do that in the game? For the time attack page, it only shows the best overall score, time, and rings for whichever character got the best rank. I was thinking of doing time attacks on later stages with all three characters, but I'm not able to see the best results for all three characters.
The game saves replays for all characters' bests individually. Just upload all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEnchilada View Post
Can an SDL2 EXE be used for recording video-based records? Fraps can't record windowed Software on the main EXE and I won't be able to see my timer otherwise. I can use OBS but it has awful quality and tends to lag the game out a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
What would one recommend for good editing/video recording usage? (ie: One that can mix both SRB2 and WSplit/LiveSplit)

(Preferred something that doesn't cost, so using a torrent is out of the question)
I'd just like to remind you that the external timer display is not a requirement, it's just preferred because it makes it much easier to check your proof. But, I wholly understand that some may have trouble recording both at the same time, which is why it's not a requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenhog View Post
Anyway, was that weird issue with Record Attack fixed in the 2.1.7 patch? Is that the reason the records were wiped?
Yes, that's exactly why.

Last edited by 犬夜叉; 04-17-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-17-2014   #14
The Zero Team

And what about that "replay desyncs when touching a speed pad" bug?
And if the everything has been wiped, why can I still view a record attack replay I did in 2.1.4 or so, without problems, in 2.1.7?
I don't get it, I'm confused now.
The Zero Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #15
犬夜叉
Administrator

JTE added compatibility for old demos.

But the other thing I noted still rings true; a good number of the single player maps were changed anyway.

Also, speed pads were never tested with the new system because no official map ever uses them.
Old 04-17-2014   #16
Vash

Eugh. There goes any attempt at breaking my DSZ3 time of 34.20, as that demo is completely out of sync.
For some reason, my connection just disconnected 27 freaking times on August 27th for no reason. (Oh, wow.. XD 27 pings on August 27th)
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #17
Unknownlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 犬夜叉 View Post
But the other thing I noted still rings true; a good number of the single player maps were changed anyway.
I haven't been seeing anything; how subtle are these changes? (There was a path added in RVZ, and a button was fixed in CEZ2, but neither should change existing replays.)
Old 04-24-2014   #18
~Confusion~

When are you guys going to add SRB1 remake levels to that site too?
<hms> nice try aries
<~Despicable Me> Lol 2 hms
Despicable Me renamed to hms
Back then we all had windows xp... Lucky we were =S
~Confusion~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014   #19
PHCC
Too fast for you to see me.

This new record system is pretty good, it's a very well done job! I really don't mind having to do all my records again, at least now we have a not-boring record system... even though the system change wasn't the reason for the record wiping.

Last edited by PHCC; 04-26-2014 at 01:48 AM.
PHCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014   #20
Drflash55
Expert SRB2 Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHCC View Post
This new record system is pretty good, it's a very well done job! I really don't mind having to do all my records again, at least now we have a not-boring record system... even though the system change wasn't the reason for the record wiping.
Hmm, you were the one who set the WR for GFZ Act 1, and beaten Deadpool. But I am still in controll of GFZ Act 2. - 3 -
Drflash55 is offline   Reply With Quote