SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion > Bug Reports

Old 07-06-2016   #61
Spike HedgeFox
Known as Chase The HedgeFox

it means it sends me a message that says SRB2WIN has a virus or something.

Last edited by Spike HedgeFox; 07-06-2016 at 09:19 PM. Reason: didn't put it well.
Spike HedgeFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016   #62
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike HedgeFox View Post
it means it sends me a message that says SRB2WIN has a virus or something.
Probably your antivirus/firewall not liking SRB2's netplay functions. Can you take a screenshot of the exact error you got and upload it to imgur or something?

hubjim
Boinciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016   #63
Spike HedgeFox
Known as Chase The HedgeFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinciel View Post
Probably your antivirus/firewall not liking SRB2's netplay functions.
huh, it was actually my antivirus, i fixed it now.
Spike HedgeFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016   #64
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

So yeah, thanks to LJSonic I am now aware that CEZ3 pretty much consistently causes trouble in netgames. Whenever you join a netgame at the stage you're going to find the spikeballs are below the ground (among other weird problems I haven't made sense of yet). As it turns out, apparently Eggscalibur modifies its spawnpoint's z value to act as a reference height for all the spikeballs, but when loaded from a netgame this is never set up properly. So basically, CEZ3 is not safe to join a netgame in ever for the game being.

I also heard ERZ Core has similar issues with Brak's electric barrier not appearing, but I've only checked that once and I don't know what's up yet.

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record.
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016   #65
Neo the Hedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
I also heard ERZ Core has similar issues with Brak's electric barrier not appearing, but I've only checked that once and I don't know what's up yet.
yes, it can dissapear whenever you join a netgame, but Brak can also desync and apparently be in other places where it looks like he's in another place, but if you defeat Brak Eggman, he will appear defeated but the level will not end.
Old 12-29-2016   #66
choalover
チャオノコイビト
Default The Dangers of In-game Joining and Leaving

Quote:
So yeah, thanks to LJSonic I am now aware that CEZ3 pretty much consistently causes trouble in netgames. Whenever you join a netgame at the stage you're going to find the spikeballs are below the ground (among other weird problems I haven't made sense of yet). As it turns out, apparently Eggscalibur modifies its spawnpoint's z value to act as a reference height for all the spikeballs, but when loaded from a netgame this is never set up properly. So basically, CEZ3 is not safe to join a netgame in ever for the game being.

In-game joining isn't safe at all in netgames in SRB2, because of all the issues associated with in-game joining in netgames. The same principal applies with in-game leaving.
Old 12-29-2016   #67
RedEnchilada
happy, pretty, lovely!
Developer

We're aware of that, but looking into specific issues to find underlying causes of problems is much more helpful than saying "it's broken, fix it".
RedEnchilada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016   #68
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Well if anything is of use, in my tests involving joining my own server, sometimes I find the joiner mistakenly thinks it's the only player and also the server's host. But maybe that's to do with joining your own server on the same computer? *shrugs*

Old 12-29-2016   #69
Yacker
Metallic

Quote:
Well if anything is of use, in my tests involving joining my own server, sometimes I find the joiner mistakenly thinks it's the only player and also the server's host. But maybe that's to do with joining your own server on the same computer? *shrugs*
No, this is an easily replicable problem that has been in 2.1 from the very start. It's not that it thinks it's the only player, it just thinks it itself doesn't exist. Join any server with a slow connection (whether you do this via intentional throttling, or something else, it doesn't matter) and you'll find 9 times out of 10 you'll get this.
Yacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016   #70
Prisima
*audible scribbling noises*

My apologies if this has already been mentioned:
Sometimes when I join a server, I have the viewpoint of the host and I don't see myself on the player list. It constantly desynchs like this until I close the game or get kicked because of a Synch failure. I'm not sure if it's just me, or if anyone else has this problem.
Prisima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016   #71
Neo the Hedge

Well, it's not simply you, i think almost everyone has this problem, and it makes you not join the game until you simply restart SRB2.
Old 01-01-2017   #72
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

A fix for Brak Eggman's vanishing electric barrier can be found here: http://git.magicalgirl.moe/STJr/SRB2/merge_requests/146

Turns out it was a more general issue to do with $$$.sav saving/reading. The lava falls in ERCZ are still causing problems though, for some reason.

Last edited by Monster Iestyn; 01-03-2017 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2017   #73
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

A fix for ERCZ's lava falls can be found here: http://git.magicalgirl.moe/STJr/SRB2/merge_requests/150

That concludes our bug tour for ERCZ, thank you and come again! (I think that's it for ERCZ now, it shouldn't desync the game anymore)

Old 01-03-2017   #74
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

ooh, do i smell a new SRB2 Patch coming ?
RomioTheBadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017   #75
SANICBOOM644
Blue Hedgehog Acceleration

Hopefully the patch releases before or on the day of SUGOI 2 with the network enhancements and 32 players
SANICBOOM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017   #76
MK.exe
Lazy, Lazy and lazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANICBOOM644 View Post
Hopefully the patch releases before or on the day of SUGOI 2 with the network enhancements and 32 players
Sugoi 1 was released on the same day 2.1.16 was released, So why not lol.
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017   #77
TealGaming

I don't know if this counts as a problem with the netgames, but I'm not gonna chance it.

So it's been months since I played SRB2, so I reinstalled the game. However, when I went to join online, I couldn't. I literally can't! Just look at this image.
Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20000.png
Views:	1019
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	9573

I haven't found anything online that could help, so can anyone tell me if there is a problem with my files or the servers possibly? Thanks in advance.
TealGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017   #78
Michael
Extended Ban (Strike 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealGaming View Post
I don't know if this counts as a problem with the netgames, but I'm not gonna chance it.

So it's been months since I played SRB2, so I reinstalled the game. However, when I went to join online, I couldn't. I literally can't! Just look at this image.
Attachment 9573

I haven't found anything online that could help, so can anyone tell me if there is a problem with my files or the servers possibly? Thanks in advance.
the netcode is removed in SRB2DD.EXE. you need SRB2WIN.EXE to join servers online.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017   #79
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Michael has it, we've removed netplay support from srb2dd.exe since the previous patch, 2.1.16.

EDIT: reasons can be found in the start of the release post for 2.1.16: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=41906

Last edited by Monster Iestyn; 01-30-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-31-2017   #80
toaster
トースタちゃん
Developer

And it worked! Literally the next patch was a fix to all the major netcode problems, thanks to narrowing things down enough that someone who was committed was able to get stuck in and figure the issues out.

Granted, we're not changing it back now that it IS fixed, because we're dropping DirectDraw support with 2.2 and want to get as much feedback on the SDL2 executable as possible to ensure it's ready for the limelight when that happens.
<MonsterIestyn> watch porm to keep warm
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote