SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 03-20-2017   #5581
who-what-where-whale
who-what-where-whale

I think the problem with the sea-egg is that those of the seeing-impaired and resolution-impaired population have a hard time differentiating the decoys from the real one if they can at all. I know that I definitely couldn't distinguish them before I had laser-eye surgery.
Old 03-21-2017   #5582
h0is
Pepperoni Secret

I can say that even with good eyesight and high resolutions, I still get confused.
Old 03-25-2017   #5583
RomioTheBadass
Right there, Criminal Scum!

Allow us to use Emblem Radar and hints on 2P Mode, been enjoying splitscreen recently and i think it would be cool if we can both (I and my friend) search for Hidden emblems and play secret levels together.

Also side note, Advance to next map option does nothing, can't have random map Rotation, not sure if it's restricted to 2P Mode, haven't tested it on Netgames yet.
Old 03-25-2017   #5584
Nomekop

Actually, to extend that previous suggestion: Implement the Multiplayer Emblem System from TopDown, as to allow for better compatibility with mods such as Sugoi, or even just so a group of players can team up in order to get the unlockables.
Nomekop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017   #5585
Rapidgame7
pressure pressure pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
Advance to next map option does nothing
It does do something, that is, on Match/CTF/Tag gamemodes (Dunno about Race/Competition though), but doesn't work on Co-op for obvious reasons.
<Rapidgame7> AAAAAUUUUGGGGH
Rapidgame7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017   #5586
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
Allow us to use Emblem Radar and hints on 2P Mode, been enjoying splitscreen recently and i think it would be cool if we can both (I and my friend) search for Hidden emblems and play secret levels together.
First we'd have to allow emblems to be collected in 2P mode in the first place. =)
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017   #5587
RomioTheBadass

Yes please :o, We have been playing SUGOI and after beating the Final boss we unlocked bunch of stuff so I assumed it works for 2P Mode aswell, It was nice and much more fun than doing it alone, I didn't feel like looking for the emblems and completing levels alone.

Last edited by RomioTheBadass; 03-25-2017 at 05:14 PM.
RomioTheBadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017   #5588
toaster
トースタちゃん
Developer

Being able to get emblems in splitscreen would make sense, honestly. Both players are using the same savedata, so there's no danger of desync there... it's just a question of how difficult it is to implement.
<MonsterIestyn> watch porm to keep warm
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017   #5589
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Sea Egg's problem isn't the clones, it's the punishment for guessing wrong when you haven't figured it out yet being too harsh. We're aware of the problems with that boss.
My concern with Sea Egg is that the water pool is still really brutal, independent of the clones themselves. I think an easy fix would be to add a few rings on the bottom as health insurance, and change the blue springs to yellow so there's less transit time to the surface.

Also, I think for some of these bosses that only let you hit them once every ten-fifteen seconds, eight health is kind of dumb and tedious. Besides, there's really no entertainment value to CEZ3 once you get the pattern down because there are no tricks and tools you can use to speed up the process.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff

Last edited by CobaltBW; 03-25-2017 at 07:16 PM.
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017   #5590
RomioTheBadass

also make the (fake) clones disappear when hit, That would at least make it a bit easier than the Final Boss.
Old 03-25-2017   #5591
Fang the Weasle
Can't spell "Weasel"

Could we get an Analog Control Toggle key bond to something like the Right Shift Key for 2.2? It really breaks the immersion to go through menus to turn it off when I don't want it to be on, and vice versa.

Last edited by Fang the Weasle; 03-27-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Fang the Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017   #5592
Rumia1
worries too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang the Weasle View Post
Could we get an Analog Control Toggle key bond to something like the Right Shift Key for 2.2? It really breaks the immersion to go through menus to turn it off when I don't want it to be on, and vice versa.
This can currently be achieved by setting up an autoexec.cfg with a command like
Code:
bind shift "toggle analog"
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017   #5593
Fang the Weasle
Can't spell "Weasel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumia1 View Post
This can currently be achieved by setting up an autoexec.cfg with a command like
Code:
bind shift "toggle analog"
Oh whoops, sorry. I had no idea. *facepalm*
Old 03-26-2017   #5594
ManimiFire
Meow Motherfuckers.

Btw, I had another suggestion... It is about the bot system that exist in SRB2.
I mean, now it looks like we can only use bots in single player for as a helper in the actual story right? Then, what about there will be a way to modify the spawn of the bots via lua and not via code::block, dev c++, etc. And then, there will be a way to make actual bots that can race you, fight you, and even that will play CTF. I mean, my aim for it is to make bots for SSB, but that would be cool if all the coders could modify bots in race, match, ctf via actually lua...
Old 03-26-2017   #5595
Fang the Weasle
Can't spell "Weasel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManimiFire View Post
Btw, I had another suggestion... It is about the bot system that exist in SRB2.
I mean, now it looks like we can only use bots in single player for as a helper in the actual story right? Then, what about there will be a way to modify the spawn of the bots via lua and not via code::block, dev c++, etc. And then, there will be a way to make actual bots that can race you, fight you, and even that will play CTF. I mean, my aim for it is to make bots for SSB, but that would be cool if all the coders could modify bots in race, match, ctf via actually lua...
That sound like a great idea! Think of all the possibilities; Sonic vs Knuckles Fight, Tails vs Sonic race, Heck, maybe even having the ability to play with more than one bot! (only there is no third/forth controller, so controlling the third/forth bot would be impossible)

Speaking of bots, why not have a Sonic Advance 3 Character Pairing System. The only difference would be that the bot would have no effect on the player's game play, and there would be a "None" option for bots.
Old 03-26-2017   #5596
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang the Weasle View Post
Speaking of bots, why not have a Sonic Advance 3 Character Pairing System. The only difference would be that the bot would have no effect on the player's game play, and there would be a "None" option for bots.
Pretty sure that can easily be done already with BotSkin.lua, minus the "None" option.
Old 03-26-2017   #5597
Fang the Weasle
Can't spell "Weasel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapheros View Post
Pretty sure that can easily be done already with BotSkin.lua, minus the "None" option.
I know, But I'm thinking it can be done from the character select screen.

Here's how it would work:
  1. Select The Player's character. (Exp: Sonic)
  2. Select "None" or the Bot's character. NOTE: this cannot be the same as the player's character. (Exp: Any character but Sonic, as long as Sonic is the Player)
  3. Play the game!
Also, for this to work correctly, remove the Sonic and Tails character choice.
Old 03-27-2017   #5598
GreenKnight9000

Add Super Knuckles in normal gameplay, in S3&K you could turn Super Knuckles, no Super Tails is understandable but Super Knuckles should be a feature (this could be added in a mini 2.1.18 update)

there should also be a "momentum mode" for 2.2 where you could have the option to have a setting in which, when enabled allows you run down a slope you gain more speed

and bring back the 8th Black Chaos Emerald (for those who obtain all emblems/100% completion) Earning Hyper Sonic was the best feeling ever
GreenKnight9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017   #5599
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Funnily enough, if you set a slope to be slippery, you can gain more speed as you run down it. Problem is, you don't retain that speed on non-slippery surfaces.

I'd point you to a level I made that shows this, but it's waiting for SUBARASHII to release. (it's part of the pack)

Actually, that speed retention problem would have to be solved even for horizontal Springs to have any real use outside of just being wall bumpers.
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017   #5600
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

We're not bringing back the Black chaos emerald. Even if we did, it wouldn't be for 100% completion of all things.

We're also not likely to emulate S3&K with the whole Super Tails/Knuckles thing. But we've been over that one so many times at this point. =V
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote