SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion > Bug Reports

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
Blaze The Cat
& Knuckles

Default Tag/HNS Lacking Suicide results in the IT Being Stuck.

This is a bit awkward. The It could not suicide to respawn, as it's only allowed in Co-Op, Competition, and Race.
Blaze The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

The respawn command is disabled on purpose in tag. The bug here is that you're stuck. How did you get stuck here specifically?
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
Sky The Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
The respawn command is disabled on purpose in tag. The bug here is that you're stuck. How did you get stuck here specifically?
I'm not sure how the IT would become stuck unless if someone was hiding in that room in that specific configuration, then the IT spectated, making that person in the room IT, and therefore stuck.

There seems to be an issue with how the room works regardless:

The passageway there is the only way in and out of the room. Since players are solid in H&S (and tag? I forget), the player in front of the passageway completely blocks off any and all players from entering or leaving the room.
Sky The Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
Blaze The Cat
& Knuckles

The easiest solution would be to make the IT intangible to other players once the hide time has finished.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
FuriousFox
AKA FuriousFox
Developer

I don't understand. Can't you just shoot the players who are blocking the exit?
FuriousFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Looks like the IT player might be too high up to be able to shoot them?
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
NotablyPrettyCrazy
Fool or Clown?

If i recall correctly, once a player has been tagged in H&S, they are invulnerable to any further shots from the IT player, along with becoming solid once the hiding time is over. Thus, due to the cyan echidna being next to the exit, presumably due to them pointing torwards the exit with their backside before they got hit, they ended up blocking the entrance using the knockback from the shot.
A similar scenario would happen if there was one player in that room, and there was another standing right inside the entrance, just that in such a scenario, instead of the IT being unable to tag other players due to being stuck in that room, the IT wouldn't be able to tag the one player hiding in the room due to the other blocking it off.
NotablyPrettyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8
Sky The Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotablyPrettyCrazy View Post
If i recall correctly, once a player has been tagged in H&S, they are invulnerable to any further shots from the IT player, along with becoming solid once the hiding time is over. Thus, due to the cyan echidna being next to the exit, presumably due to them pointing torwards the exit with their backside before they got hit, they ended up blocking the entrance using the knockback from the shot.
A similar scenario would happen if there was one player in that room, and there was another standing right inside the entrance, just that in such a scenario, instead of the IT being unable to tag other players due to being stuck in that room, the IT wouldn't be able to tag the one player hiding in the room due to the other blocking it off.
Yes, once a player gets tagged in H&S, they become literally a wall. They cannot be shot and cannot move, nor can they be passed through by another player, creating this issue with the entrance being small enough to be blocked by a player in H&S permanently without any other way of getting in or out of the room.
Sky The Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #9
Blaze The Cat
& Knuckles

Basically, since players are solid and non-pushable in Hide and Seek, a recently tagged player can block the way through a passageway if it is small enough, or if players gang up on a passageway and do so, preventing the IT from accessing an area which may have untagged players.