SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) > Outdated Official Level Design Contest (0.X & 1.X)

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2009   #121
Rob
Administrator
 
Rob's Avatar
Default

I don't care to address everything that's happened until now, but BZ4's scores are legitimate and the results are invalid until his scores are averaged in. That is absolutely it and I do not want to hear any more about it.
Rob is offline  
Old 07-15-2009   #122
:SonicMaster:
<0>_<0>
 
:SonicMaster:'s Avatar
Default

I'm glad I saved my excel spreadsheet, because adding those votes in took about 60 seconds. I have new results:

Green Canyon Zone by SonicMaster - 6.05
Aquatic Labyrinth Zone Act 2 by Kuja - 8.11
Hidden Sanctuary Zone Act 2 by Ice - 8.29
Glaber Base 5 by Glaber - 4.89
Cosmic Galaxy Zone by verifiaman - 3.17
Flooded Forest Zone by Cheese - 5.08
Factory Farce Zone Act 1 by MattW_CFI - 7.64
Mill Citadel Zone Act 2 by Ezer'Arch - 8.52
Greenery Pass Zone Act 2 by Knockout the Echidna - 6.67

MAPA1 - Diamondus Battle by Glaber - 5.44
MAPA2 - Aerial Match Zone by Cheese - 6.44

MAPA3 - Geometric Void Zone by SonicMaster - 6.80
MAPA4 - Diamondus CTF 2 by Glaber - 5.40
MAPA5 - Illuminated City Zone by Cheese - 6.30

MAPA6 - Submerged Cavern Zone by Cheese - 5.67
MAPA7 - Star Reactor Zone by Kuja - 7.11
__________________
My PSN ID: WhiteLucario
Click here to view my Trophy collection.
:SonicMaster: is offline  
Old 07-15-2009   #123
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator
 
Mystic's Avatar
Default

Yeah, BlueZero's votes count, Luminous's don't.

There's a difference between being a troll and just being excessively sarcastic.
Mystic is offline  
Old 07-15-2009   #124
Kaysakado
Default

Well, the results didn't really change much anyways, so...
__________________
Join the Crashed Cafe!
Kaysakado is offline  
Old 07-15-2009   #125
Luminous
Default

I was quite surprised that ICE's level didn't win. Near the end, it got excessively good reviews.

Next contest, I'm gonna actually explain my reasons. I mean, a 5-6 without reasoning is acceptible, but 2's and 3's with no reasonings made me look like a troll.
Luminous is offline  
Old 07-15-2009   #126
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator
 
Mystic's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous
I mean, a 5-6 without reasoning is acceptible, but 2's and 3's with no reasonings made me look like a troll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or collaborative content community with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
I wouldn't say you looked like a troll. Posting intentionally low scores with no explanation is designed to generate an angry or annoyed response. That's trolling. Pure and simple.
Mystic is offline  
Old 07-15-2009   #127
Kaysakado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous
I mean, a 5-6 without reasoning is acceptible, but 2's and 3's with no reasonings made me look like a troll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or collaborative content community with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
I wouldn't say you looked like a troll. Posting intentionally low scores with no explanation is designed to generate an angry or annoyed response. That's trolling. Pure and simple.
You're taking things a bit literally. By your logic, I could call you a troll because banning people generates an angry response.
__________________
Join the Crashed Cafe!
Kaysakado is offline  
Old 07-16-2009   #128
Penopat
dispenser erection
 
Penopat's Avatar
Default

People said Aquatic Labyrinth Zone 2 was hard.... umm?
Geeze, back in my days we actually had HARD levels... :)

Next contest, guys, I promise you all that I will have two levels to make up for my absolute laziness with these contests and lack of ability to improvise when I run out of ideas; I need to find out how to churn out levels when I lack inspiration. I'd like you all to help me with that with some nice reminders... :p

I hate having design blocks. I seriously have like 10+ incomplete SP levels that I never touch again since I don't know what to DO with them.

Congrats to the winners. I'm sorry I haven't been participating with both competing and voting... time to start making some SRB2 v2 levels to make up for it!

Oh, and that poopy head BlueZero4 did NOT just say Conventional Lover was better than Alex Chilton; otherwise I'd claw his eyes out. ;)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by supa tails
Ok... Normaly, I would give a complement on something EVEN if it was TERRIBEL!!! And I hope I dont hurt your feelings or anything because I am not trying to be mean, but... THIS LEVEL IS TERRIBAL + !!!!!!!!
I sure wish my MB name was changed to Penopat...
Penopat is offline  
Old 07-16-2009   #129
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

Hey, if you ever need ideas, I have plenty that I'd be glad to lend to you.
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline  
Old 07-16-2009   #130
BlueZero4
 
BlueZero4's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penopat
Next contest, guys, I promise you all that I will have two levels to make up for my absolute laziness with these contests and lack of ability to improvise when I run out of ideas; I need to find out how to churn out levels when I lack inspiration.
You realize that will mean a quality drop on your part, right?
__________________
scr_bz4pack.wad
BlueZero4 is offline  
Old 07-16-2009   #131
Kaysakado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZero4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penopat
Next contest, guys, I promise you all that I will have two levels to make up for my absolute laziness with these contests and lack of ability to improvise when I run out of ideas; I need to find out how to churn out levels when I lack inspiration.
You realize that will mean a quality drop on your part, right?
Well, we have three months to build levels this time. Four if you start this month on 1.09.4 and convert to ME later. If there was ever a time to enter multiple maps, this would be it.
__________________
Join the Crashed Cafe!
Kaysakado is offline  
Old 07-16-2009   #132
BlueZero4
 
BlueZero4's Avatar
Default

Sorry, I meant the lack of inspiration part.
__________________
scr_bz4pack.wad
BlueZero4 is offline  
Old 07-16-2009   #133
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready
 
glaber's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penopat
I hate having design blocks. I seriously have like 10+ incomplete SP levels that I never touch again since I don't know what to DO with them.
Fuse em. Glaber Base 5 uses 99% of a Scrapped Circuit level. for that matter I have a Scrapped version of Daimondus CTF 2 that I could use sometime later in another map.
glaber is offline  
Old 07-16-2009   #134
Zanyhead
Mimigas' Rights Activist
 
Zanyhead's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber
Fuse em. Glaber Base 5 uses 99% of a Scrapped Circuit level.
This may be a good idea if some have the same theme, otherwise, double-theming takes a bit to get right, but it can be done with extra effort and time.
__________________
To hell with QTEs.
Zanyhead is offline  
Old 07-16-2009   #135
Penopat
dispenser erection
 
Penopat's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZero4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penopat
Next contest, guys, I promise you all that I will have two levels to make up for my absolute laziness with these contests and lack of ability to improvise when I run out of ideas; I need to find out how to churn out levels when I lack inspiration.
You realize that will mean a quality drop on your part, right?
What's better - no production or actually some mediocre production?

I'm fine with a "drop in quality" if it means there's actually something there to judge the quality of.

... so what if I'm lying?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by supa tails
Ok... Normaly, I would give a complement on something EVEN if it was TERRIBEL!!! And I hope I dont hurt your feelings or anything because I am not trying to be mean, but... THIS LEVEL IS TERRIBAL + !!!!!!!!
I sure wish my MB name was changed to Penopat...
Penopat is offline  
Old 07-16-2009   #136
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

Whatever's most enjoyable.
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Level Design Contest: May/June 2009 FuriousFox Outdated Official Level Design Contest (0.X & 1.X) 100 07-02-2009 06:03 AM
Official Level Design Contest Voting: May/June 2008 FuriousFox Outdated Official Level Design Contest (0.X & 1.X) 148 07-19-2008 10:37 AM
Official Level Design Contest Voting: May-June 2007 Mystic Outdated Official Level Design Contest (0.X & 1.X) 123 08-14-2007 04:27 AM
Official Level Design Contest Voting: May/June Mystic Outdated Official Level Design Contest (0.X & 1.X) 57 07-15-2006 06:52 PM
Official Level Design Contest: May/June Voting Mystic Outdated Official Level Design Contest (0.X & 1.X) 60 07-14-2005 04:34 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.