SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) > Outdated Official Level Design Contest (0.X & 1.X)

Old 07-15-2009   #121
Rob
Administrator

I don't care to address everything that's happened until now, but BZ4's scores are legitimate and the results are invalid until his scores are averaged in. That is absolutely it and I do not want to hear any more about it.
Old 07-15-2009   #122
:SonicMaster:
<0>_<0>

I'm glad I saved my excel spreadsheet, because adding those votes in took about 60 seconds. I have new results:

Green Canyon Zone by SonicMaster - 6.05
Aquatic Labyrinth Zone Act 2 by Kuja - 8.11
Hidden Sanctuary Zone Act 2 by Ice - 8.29
Glaber Base 5 by Glaber - 4.89
Cosmic Galaxy Zone by verifiaman - 3.17
Flooded Forest Zone by Cheese - 5.08
Factory Farce Zone Act 1 by MattW_CFI - 7.64
Mill Citadel Zone Act 2 by Ezer'Arch - 8.52
Greenery Pass Zone Act 2 by Knockout the Echidna - 6.67

MAPA1 - Diamondus Battle by Glaber - 5.44
MAPA2 - Aerial Match Zone by Cheese - 6.44

MAPA3 - Geometric Void Zone by SonicMaster - 6.80
MAPA4 - Diamondus CTF 2 by Glaber - 5.40
MAPA5 - Illuminated City Zone by Cheese - 6.30

MAPA6 - Submerged Cavern Zone by Cheese - 5.67
MAPA7 - Star Reactor Zone by Kuja - 7.11
Old 07-15-2009   #123
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Yeah, BlueZero's votes count, Luminous's don't.

There's a difference between being a troll and just being excessively sarcastic.
Old 07-15-2009   #124
Kaysakado

Well, the results didn't really change much anyways, so...
Old 07-15-2009   #125
Luminous

I was quite surprised that ICE's level didn't win. Near the end, it got excessively good reviews.

Next contest, I'm gonna actually explain my reasons. I mean, a 5-6 without reasoning is acceptible, but 2's and 3's with no reasonings made me look like a troll.
Old 07-15-2009   #126
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous
I mean, a 5-6 without reasoning is acceptible, but 2's and 3's with no reasonings made me look like a troll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or collaborative content community with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
I wouldn't say you looked like a troll. Posting intentionally low scores with no explanation is designed to generate an angry or annoyed response. That's trolling. Pure and simple.
Old 07-15-2009   #127
Kaysakado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous
I mean, a 5-6 without reasoning is acceptible, but 2's and 3's with no reasonings made me look like a troll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or collaborative content community with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
I wouldn't say you looked like a troll. Posting intentionally low scores with no explanation is designed to generate an angry or annoyed response. That's trolling. Pure and simple.
You're taking things a bit literally. By your logic, I could call you a troll because banning people generates an angry response.
Old 07-16-2009   #128
Penopat
dispenser erection

People said Aquatic Labyrinth Zone 2 was hard.... umm?
Geeze, back in my days we actually had HARD levels... :)

Next contest, guys, I promise you all that I will have two levels to make up for my absolute laziness with these contests and lack of ability to improvise when I run out of ideas; I need to find out how to churn out levels when I lack inspiration. I'd like you all to help me with that with some nice reminders... :p

I hate having design blocks. I seriously have like 10+ incomplete SP levels that I never touch again since I don't know what to DO with them.

Congrats to the winners. I'm sorry I haven't been participating with both competing and voting... time to start making some SRB2 v2 levels to make up for it!

Oh, and that poopy head BlueZero4 did NOT just say Conventional Lover was better than Alex Chilton; otherwise I'd claw his eyes out. ;)
Ok... Normaly, I would give a complement on something EVEN if it was TERRIBEL!!! And I hope I dont hurt your feelings or anything because I am not trying to be mean, but... THIS LEVEL IS TERRIBAL + !!!!!!!!
I sure wish my MB name was changed to Penopat...
Old 07-16-2009   #129
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Hey, if you ever need ideas, I have plenty that I'd be glad to lend to you.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
Old 07-16-2009   #130
BlueZero4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penopat
Next contest, guys, I promise you all that I will have two levels to make up for my absolute laziness with these contests and lack of ability to improvise when I run out of ideas; I need to find out how to churn out levels when I lack inspiration.
You realize that will mean a quality drop on your part, right?
Old 07-16-2009   #131
Kaysakado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZero4
Quote:
Next contest, guys, I promise you all that I will have two levels to make up for my absolute laziness with these contests and lack of ability to improvise when I run out of ideas; I need to find out how to churn out levels when I lack inspiration.
Well, we have three months to build levels this time. Four if you start this month on 1.09.4 and convert to ME later. If there was ever a time to enter multiple maps, this would be it.
Old 07-16-2009   #132
BlueZero4

Sorry, I meant the lack of inspiration part.
Old 07-16-2009   #133
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Quote:
I hate having design blocks. I seriously have like 10+ incomplete SP levels that I never touch again since I don't know what to DO with them.
Fuse em. Glaber Base 5 uses 99% of a Scrapped Circuit level. for that matter I have a Scrapped version of Daimondus CTF 2 that I could use sometime later in another map.
Old 07-16-2009   #134
Zanyhead
Mimigas' Rights Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber
Fuse em. Glaber Base 5 uses 99% of a Scrapped Circuit level.
This may be a good idea if some have the same theme, otherwise, double-theming takes a bit to get right, but it can be done with extra effort and time.
Old 07-16-2009   #135
Penopat
dispenser erection

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZero4
Quote:
What's better - no production or actually some mediocre production?

I'm fine with a "drop in quality" if it means there's actually something there to judge the quality of.

... so what if I'm lying?
Ok... Normaly, I would give a complement on something EVEN if it was TERRIBEL!!! And I hope I dont hurt your feelings or anything because I am not trying to be mean, but... THIS LEVEL IS TERRIBAL + !!!!!!!!
I sure wish my MB name was changed to Penopat...
Old 07-16-2009   #136
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Whatever's most enjoyable.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff