SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Mods

Sonic Smash Brawl Details »»
Sonic Smash Brawl
Version: 20/08/17, by ManimiFire (Meow Motherfuckers.) ManimiFire is offline
Developer Last Online: Aug 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (5 votes - 4.00 average)
Released: 09-10-2016 Last Update: 08-20-2017 Installs: 0
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels SOCs Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics Is in Beta Stage

Oh yeah, you heard right, the mod "Sonic Smash Brawl" is finally came to SRB2!

WARNING: YOU NEED 2+ PLAYERS TO PLAY, AND THE HUD SYSTEM SUPPORTS ONLY 4 PLAYERS AND LESS

(If in any case you still wanna practice/have fun alone, so be sure to type this on console: "MAP MAPC[1\2\3\4\5\6\7\8\9\A\B\C\D\E\F\G\H\I] -gametype coop -force") or just select in competition "Practice Level Zone" for practice :v

Level List

This mod has 28 levels!

The Practice Pack (1)
Spoiler:
PRACTICE LEVEL ZONE (By me)

The Co-op Pack (4)
Spoiler:
KNOTHOLE HILL ZONE (By me)
DESERT RUINS ZONE (By me)
DEATHEGG BASE ZONE (By me)
BOSS (By me)

The Beginner Pack (7)
Spoiler:
GREEN GARDEN ZONE

TECHNOLOGY PLAINS ZONE
GARGOYLE PIT ZONE

CASTLE TRAP ZONE
WILD CANYON ZONE

MAGMA CORE ZONE
TACTICAL SPACESHIP ZONE

(All by me)

The Community Pack (10)
Spoiler:
BATTLEFIELD 1 ZONE (By Sapheros)

IRON CAVERN ZONE (By Boinciel)
FLASHING DEATH ZONE (By Boinciel)

PANIC ISLE ZONE (By Boinciel)
DESERT ISLAND ZONE (By Boinciel)

FREEZING FROST ZONE (By Tonic ze Hedgefox)
BLACK STREET ZONE (By Tonic ze Hedgefox)

CIONISTIC LABORATORY ZONE (By BooneBot)
FINAL DESTINATION ZONE (By CarlosGamer72)

BATTLEFIELD 2 ZONE (By CarlosGamer72)

The Normal Pack (3)
Spoiler:
DIGITAL VOID ZONE (By me)
FALLEN CITY ZONE (By me)
ANCIENT EMPIRE ZONE (By me)

The Memes Pack (1)
Spoiler:
BOMB FIGHT ZONE (By me)

The Race Pack (2)
Spoiler:
FLOWER KINGDOM ZONE (By me)
TOXICITY FACILITY ZONE (By Tonic ze Hedgefox)

Rules
This mod is for Competition gametype. You spawning on 2D map, you have to damage the rivals with first attack, secondary attack and special powers... (And items' stuff). Also, in every Brawl map a super emerald appears after 53 seconds, the super emerald is spawned every minute, and disappears every 15 seconds (If I remember right...). The super emerald has 3 life points. The players need to damage the super emerald 3 times before the super emerald disappears. The player who defeats the super emerald gains the special aura. If a player with a special aura presses the spin button, he turns to super for 12 seconds. If a player damages the player with the special aura and the player with the special aura has more than 100%, the special aura disappears, and the super emerald appears from the inside of the player.
If a player dies and if it's not you, you recieve 1 point.

Controls
Ring Toss (or with holding forward or backward or side button) = First attack/Break crates/Bomb throw
Spin Button (or with holding forward or backward or side button) = Secondary attack/Break crates
Custom 3 = Dodge
Custom 2 = Item pick up
Custom 1 = Taunt

Console
There are some usefull commands that the admin/server can type on console during brawl:

Available Commands

"hud_option" [1 / 2] - Switches between two types of exist HUDs (the default is 1).

"num_stocklives" [number] - Changes the number of the lives you start to brawl with.

"zoom" [number] - Change the amount of zoom of the camera in fracunits.

W.I.P Commands

"namebotone" [name] - Changes the name of bot number 1.

"namebottwo" [name] - Changes the name of bot number 2.

"namebotthree" [name] - Changes the name of bot number 3.

"namebotfour" [name] - Changes the name of bot number 4.

"colorbotone" [color] - Recolors bot number 1.

"colorbottwo" [color] - Recolors bot number 2.

"colorbotthree" [color] - Recolors bot number 3.

"colorbotfour" [color] - Recolors bot number 4.

"skinbotone" [skin] - Reskins bot number 1.

"skinbottwo" [skin] - Reskins bot number 2.

"skinbotthree" [skin] - Reskins bot number 3.

"skinbotfour" [skin] - Reskins bot number 4.

What's new?

20/08/2017
  • Added a boss map to the coop mode!
  • Fixed bugs in the normal gameplay of the coop mode.

The Victory Menu
After one of the players wins, the game opens a victory menu for the winner, and the winner can choose the number of the stock for the next round, after he chooses, he can confirm his choose by pressing the jump button, after that, there is a second part of the menu which the player chooses if to play again the same level or to change to the next level. I'm quite proud of that menu tbh, I created that menu for show more effort and good progress about the mod.

Taunting

According to v1.2, Sonic, tails, knuckles, Fsonic and Tailscd skins can use taunting if they are no moving, on the ground and press "Custom 1" button...

Special Thanks

I want to thank to Sapheros for helping me with bug fixing, and allowed me to use the "Victory Frames". (from victorypose.wad) And for CarlosGamer72 and Tonic for decorated this mod :D.

For thank to HitCoder for allowing me to use his lua.

Also, if you want to try to send me your own custom level for this mod, PM me :)

Suggestions
Spoiler:
CPU system (50%)

Important Message!
You should name yourself in the game to a name that has maximum 7 letters for the HUD won't glitch.

Discord Server
https://discord.gg/cyZDtqr

Download Now

File Type: rar SonicSmashBrawl.rar (45.00 MB, 1 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 04-09-2017   #42
Sketch

YUS. Amy is playable! All we need is Silver, and then all the mains will be complete!

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

O wait, Silver IS in the game. My bad.
Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017   #43
XFlame
Scizor rocks

What else do i say...
Oh, i know.
BEST WAD EVER
Old 04-11-2017   #44
King_Zayam

Default We want only this thing for srb2 !

you have done the best work for SRB2 you are the Best !
This is from the game Super smash i think but its an Awesome Idea !
So keep it up and making wads like this !
King_Zayam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017   #45
ManimiFire
Meow Motherfuckers.

Yep, there's another update! Check the update log.
Old 04-18-2017   #46
LunarDestroyer

So, I've played this mod twice now over the course of it's history. The first time was far earlier in it's life, when there was almost no point, given how little there was to really DO in it. That at much has certainly improved, as I had a decent amount of fun the last time me and my friend had attempted to play it, a few revisions ago.

Despite this, I still can't help but feel there are a number of things fundamentally wrong with this mod that aren't being addressed or even talked about.

For one, can you tell me what is the point of having two attacks, when the differences between them are so absolutely minor as to be almost unnoticeable, and more importantly, impossible to really tell just through playing? As far as I can tell, one of them does more knockback, and I think the other is better for doing damage? But even that is just what I was able to work out from what I had played. I'm not certain what reasons you've decided to not use the attack layout from the actual smash bros. games, though I can think of a few. Maybe it's because it'd be too much work, or you couldn't figure out a way to program it, or maybe just a lack of graphics for all those unique attacks, but in the end, no matter the reason, it all ends up causing major problems for the mod.

For one, all of the characters play almost exactly the same, as far as we could tell. The only two real differences between them are their running speeds (which due to how fights usually go in this mod means sonic has a major advantage), and their jump abilities, which ends up being fairly minor in the grand scheme of things.

But far more importantly than THAT is the fact that fighting in this game is braindead simple. You run into your enemies and attempt to hit the attack button at the right time, and whoever comes out as the winner (which I'm not sure how that's even determined if, say, two players hit eachother at the same time...) basically gets to wail on the other player for a bit. And that's IT. Well, okay, there's also the items, but since only ONE of those is for attacking (the bomb), they don't do much to spice things up.

One suggestion is obviously to make the attacks more varied. Perhaps the second attack button could be some kind of projectile move, or other special attack? Preferably one that varies meaningfully between characters. Like, for example, Sonic could have some kind of wave-like projectile that can only travel across the ground, but would be pretty fast, and maybe Tails has a projectile that drops below him, but that he's able to use while flying. I'm not saying that these ideas are necessarily what you should use, but at least do SOMETHING to make the attacks unique for each character.

And maybe you could add in a bit of a rock-paper-scisors element to fighting by making the dodge button (which is fairly useless, as far as I've seen, since it lasts for half a second and it's difficult to even tell when it's happening) into some sort of third attack, or a block, and then set up the 3 types of maneuvers to have advantages against certain moves, and disadvantages against others.

To give an example, Lets say that Button 1 is a melee attack, Button 2 is some sort of projectile, and Button 3 is a block. The block is able to completely negate projectile attacks, but is useless against melee attacks, and you can't move while using it, giving players time to close in. Then obviously, projectile attacks have an advantage against melee attacks, and bam, you've got a basic dynamic that makes the very act of fighting an opponent interesting. Now I'm not saying that you have to do that, or even implement ANY kind of rock-paper-scisors element into the mod, but the basic fighting NEEDS some added complexity, because as-is it's far too simple to be any fun beyond the first few fights.

So after all this I should at least be kind and tell you something that I DID enjoy. I feel like the times where I was able to knock an opponent into the air with an attack, and then follow it up and attack them while they were IN the air were really satisfying. Sadly, it's really hard to aim attacks in the air, as they stop you dead in your tracks and don't have much range to begin with. So that's something that could be improved, maybe.

All in all, I certainly would like to see this really improve, and maybe even turn into something that you'd see on servers as much as something like SRB2 Riders, back in it's heyday. But as it is now, it's just too simple to be worth playing for all that much time.
LunarDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017   #47
Danieldad2244

How do I add the bots?
Old 04-24-2017   #48
ManimiFire
Meow Motherfuckers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danieldad2244 View Post
How do I add the bots?
Apparently, everyone shouldn't try to fight the bots and stuff because as I wrote in the thread, the bot system isn't finished yet. Meanwhile, it suppoused to be only PvP mod.
Old 04-24-2017   #49
XFlame
Scizor rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danieldad2244 View Post
How do I add the bots?
Manimi told me a buggy system:
1.Start in SP with Sonic and Tails;
2.Type map [the map you want, of this mod obviously]-force
3.If you want to change skin use botone[you]and bottwo [CPU] commands.
Old 04-25-2017   #50
ManimiFire
Meow Motherfuckers.

Ok, today I fixed the connection troubles that happened whenever a player joined.
Old 2 Days Ago   #51
ManimiFire
Meow Motherfuckers.

Another update, now serious one.